Any doctors here??

I am seriously thinking about becocming a doctor,maybe specializing in cancer.
If you are a doctor can you give me info on  the time it took,the sacrifices youve had to make and things like that. thanks

If you are a doctor can you give me info on  the time it took,the sacrifices youve had to make and things like that. thanks

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

im not a doctor but i can help u

You need

2 semesters each of biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, physics with labs
mcats
a good gpa (preferably over 3.6, especially in ur sciences)
med school takes a ton of discipline and sacrifice
30t6p3b.gif
 but the punishment is worth it.

time is takes 4 years of college, 4 years of med school 4-7 years of residency depending on what you want to specialize in

good luck

You need

2 semesters each of biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, physics with labs
mcats
30t6p3b.gif

time is takes 4 years of college, 4 years of med school 4-7 years of residency depending on what you want to specialize in

good luck

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

You need

mcats
30t6p3b.gif

good luck

plus 2 semesters of math.
no offense OP but you really need to look into this more. saying something like wanting to "specialize in cancer" shows that you don't really know much about the field. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

You need

mcats
30t6p3b.gif

good luck

plus 2 semesters of math.
no offense OP but you really need to look into this more. saying something like wanting to "specialize in cancer" shows that you don't really know much about the field. 

so am i. so i will repeat just in case you didn't understand...there are a number of physicians on here

so am i. so i will repeat just in case you didn't understand...there are a number of physicians on here

not in residency yet....just started the interview process for a spot in anesthesia....being wined and dined is pretty nice...but you have to take everything with a grain of salt. no one is going to say their programs sucks and you shouldn't go there so of course they are going to try to present themselves well...i've only had 3 interviews so far and i'm already tired of them...20 more to go lol.

just suck it up lol. once youre done with step 1 its on to clinical rotations where the real learning begins.

not in residency yet....just started the interview process for a spot in anesthesia....being wined and dined is pretty nice...but you have to take everything with a grain of salt. no one is going to say their programs sucks and you shouldn't go there so of course they are going to try to present themselves well...i've only had 3 interviews so far and i'm already tired of them...20 more to go lol.

just suck it up lol. once youre done with step 1 its on to clinical rotations where the real learning begins.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
do a doctor even have time to be on niketalk?

Do a doctor?????.....speaking like that I'd be surprised if you knew how to say you ABCs without singing them
i know how to speak proper english very well, this is niketalk, and this is the weekend, school is out.

you're worried about checking my post because I typed out "Do a doctor" negro please, go somewhere.

with that ******ed @*@ s/n.

Back
Top Bottom