Any feelings now with another (soon to be historically) "bizarre" trade of the Wizards?

roll.gif
 @ Jordan toying that guy

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

and now we have a 2 game winning streak
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Aint that the funniest $%$ though? Reading this thread and seeing how badly the decisions over the past year have been... and now looking at what's happened post the trades is quite ironic. I do now question for the remainder of the season "Whose team is it?" As no one on our roster has ever played that role. Yeah, Arenas is under contract but still... *puts on flame suit* Jamison HAD to go. Yes he was our most consistent player, but do you keep him at the expense of your young talent never being able to reach his potential at the expense of someone who maybe has 3-4 good years left in him? For Blatche to be as good as he could be, Jamison had to be removed. I would argue the same for McGee, but at this point, I'm just happy to see him getting some playing time. Maybe what we're seeing is Saunders getting his type of Ball players... *shrugs shoulders*

All we have done the last two game is lower the chances of getting the #1 pick.

It is what it is.

Laughable at this point.

laugh.gif

Laugh to keep from crying technique.  Try it sometime. 

It's natural being a Bullets/Wizards fan.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

All we have done the last two game is lower the chances of getting the #1 pick.

It is what it is.

Laughable at this point.

laugh.gif

Laugh to keep from crying technique.  Try it sometime. 

It's natural being a Bullets/Wizards fan.

laugh.gif
Truth.

But you got to admit they're playing some good basketball. I never would have thought for them to mesh this well so soon.
As much as I would've loved to lose every game and get that #1, I'm kinda feeling the "end the season strong" note.
pimp.gif

They need to call the Celtics so they can properly coach them on how to tank a season. It does no good winning right now. They do it all wrong. As always.
frown.gif

Al Thorton has great potential and AndrayBlatce has been maturing as a player also. I also like Josh Howard since he was at wake forest. I think the trades were necessary and they have made a good start to revitalizing are team so we can have at one winning team besides the capitals. We have the money now so some good free agent pick-ups like veteran to lead the young team would a good move to revitalize our future.

we very well could have beaten Toronto..smh...but good win against the Bulls.. 3 out of 4 aint bad..

Blatche is looking consistent as hell..blessing in disguise?

i was at the game, even though they are playing good it was boring as hell watching it live...

JHoward going down is great. They can finally tank a season correctly. I've always liked Blatche as a backup but you cant have him as your go to guy because he is such a knucklehead. He does have talent, but his decision making skills are very questionable.

when i saw the josh howard update, one word came to mind to sum up the season: DEPLORABLE

I tell you what. The izards cant win for losing or Win for winning. Josh Howard and the rest might be playing for jobs... but Blatche was stepping up J. Howard was balling and others are stepping up. Lets see how the team bounces back after losing Howard.

The problem with all this is... Flip is not the coach. Who ever is running the point at the time is the Coach. They have not been together long enough to learn REAL plays and Flip has realized that these guys coming in and running a free offense is whats working best.

Its actually in my opinion a indictment on Flip. If he were to get these guys before the All Star Break and give them HIS structure I doubt they would really have won those games, as they would have been thinking too much. At this point, Flips best coaching move would be to do as little coaching as possible.

The FLIP side to that is (no pun intended) the more they win obviously as stated the less their Lottery pick exists. So they cant win for winning or win for losing. As I often say and was a big Topic on the show last weekend. The WIZ wont be good until the Culture Changes and those God Awful Uni's and Team Name.

Who hear identifies with a Wizard or it's meaning? The colors? Awful.... Even the Nats have a good Merchandising Hat that is worn outside the city...

Give me my Bullets or as a Caller Said The Washington Justice.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Who hear identifies with a Wizard or it's meaning? The colors? Awful.... Even the Nats have a good Merchandising Hat that is worn outside the city...

Give me my Bullets or as a Caller Said The Washington Justice.

I may be in the minority, but I actually like the colors ever since they changed to the cold instead of Copper (even though the Copper Foams with the Uni's would have been
eek.gif
pimp.gif
)

Washington Justice huh? Interesting... My only issue is it sounds like the name of a WNBA team (no misogynist)

WOW, Check out Andray Blatche w/ the #1 spot on Sportcenter top 10. I'm just surprised they showing a Wizards highlight.

Bill Simmons on the Zards

For instance, let's say you root for the Wizards like my buddy House. Over the last two years, House watched his team overpay Arenas ($111 million; nobody else could have offered more than $85 million at the time) and Antawn Jamison (a $41 million extension for someone about to reach his mid-30s) in a bizarre attempt to keep together the nucleus of a noncontender. Those contracts forced the Wiz to package the No. 5 pick in the 2009 draft, along with a couple of lousy contracts, for immediate help (Randy Foye and Mike Miller). When that move backfired and Arenas went child actor on us, the team called an audible and dealt three of its four best players (Jamison, Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood) for expiring contracts and the No. 30 pick in the 2010 draft.

Three unintentionally funny outcomes here. First, Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld was the one who overpaid everybody, then had to sacrifice Butler and a 2009 lottery pick just to undo his own horrendous mistakes. Basically, he created the same cap space that could have been attained two summers ago, only Washington fans lost a lottery pick in the process. Did he get fired for this? Of course not.

Second, the Wizards will have a ton of cap space this summer, only this summer's top free agents won't be saying, "Man, I'd love to play on a young team that's built around Gilbert Arenas." So it's a flawed business plan coming out of the gate. The Wizards shouldn't even mention the words "cap space" to their fans again. It's like promising your kids an ice cream at the end of a long drive when you know there's nothing in the fridge.

Third, they actually tried to sell their fans that one benefit of the Jamison trade was dipping the Wizards under the luxury tax threshold. As House hissed afterward, "What the [bleep] do I care if the Wiz aren't paying the tax? How does that affect me? Does that mean they're lowering ticket prices for the rest of the year then?"

Nope. Over the past five years, half the league's franchises crapped on their season-ticket holders at least once with mismanagement, salary dumping and/or tanking for lottery picks. Along with the Wizards, the following fan bases have reached a breaking point with their respective teams: Sixers, Pistons, Pacers, Nets, Knicks, Suns, Clippers, Warriors and Timberwolves. Depending on how the summer of 2010 works out, we could be adding Cavs, Heat, Raptors, Hawks and/or Grizzlies fans to that list. And four other teams have tried to put out a quality product but still hemorrhaged money this season: New Orleans, Milwaukee, Charlotte and San Antonio.

Full article

Back
Top Bottom