Any Golfers on NT?

Playing Bridges next week in Danville...looking forward to it, haven't been.

A couple weeks ago I bought 3 boxes of golf balls cause it was "buy 2 get one free" at Golf Mart and dude at the counter said "wow you must be playing The Bridges" lol. I've never played there but everyone says that there's no such thing as a flat lie... I've played just about every course within 50 miles from me (Napa) except Tilden Park and any of the courses in Oakland. Trying to play Presidio or Harding Park next week, but my buddies are being cheap.

Playing in Michigan next week a few times. Got some Ray Cook wedges, look forward to trying

Played at a local community course here in Houston. First time away from a range and at a real course. $20 per person for 18 holes and 2 carts I said what the hell and went anyways.

Proceeded to hit a 140 lol oh well, good experience, relaxing, chit chat with the guys.

Now to the ranges, and yeah the short game adds up stupid fast.

Played at a local community course here in Houston. First time away from a range and at a real course. $20 per person for 18 holes and 2 carts I said what the hell and went anyways.

Proceeded to hit a 140 lol oh well, good experience, relaxing, chit chat with the guys.

laugh.gif
You're not lyin.

What course? Just getting into golf seriously and looking to play the cheapest courses lol

went 2 weeks ago for like the third time ever shot a 145....shot a 115 today..biggest difference I think that helped was not using the driver off the tee...and I gotta work on my putting :lol:....my highlight of the day was on 17 I hit a shot from about 90 yards out that landed about 2 feet from the pin

Played Pellican Hill South a few weekends ago..

Course was amazing and I played my best 18 in a while. Shot an 86, par was 70 and it was my 4/5th round in the last year.

Last edited:
Has anyone played in Kauai? I'm thinking of playing out there next week but wanted to get some feedback before booking a Tee Time.

Alright fellas.... I gotta humble brag. :lol:

I played one of the easier courses around here, usually I can shoot a mid-80 relatively easy, fairways nice and wide and alot of large greens, basically a scoring course.

My game last week was very shaky so I spend 5-6 hrs over 2 days on the practice greens working on my irons, pitch, chip and putting (my putting had been awful as of late)

Another thing about my game, birdies for me are rare, took over a year to get my first, and I still save every birdie ball (have maybe 7 or so) and I've never had an eagle.

I shot a 76 today. My lowest score ever. But, anyone that knows me, knows I'll drop a 2nd ball in a second if I duff one, I enjoy playing that way hell I'm not on the PGA tour :lol: So to claim that score as my own when I took 5-6 mulligans would be a lie so the total score is not important.

My putter was amazing today and the hard work paid off tremendously.

#2 Par 4 - BIRDIE (off to a great start)
- Never scored on this hole, hit a perfect 90yd pitch to within 3ft :pimp:

#13 Par 5 - Chip-in Eagle
- Hit a nice driver about 250, 240 out, hit a bomb 3wd downwind to the fringe, uphill lie 20ft out, just tried to chip it close for a tap in birdie right, WRONG it rolled in!!! First eagle ever, called my wife immediately and told her that not one of my buddies would believe me that it was legit :lol:

Tried to forget it and play golf didn't work proceed to bogey 3 of the next 4 holes, which for me is about right and what I expected

#18 Par 5 - Eagle!!!!!
- Hit a rocket drive to about 165 out into a strong wind, flag tucked behind a bunker, grabbed my 3 hybrid and absolute nailed it. This time I'm putting for eagle, and no way I'm going to miss this grab my phone take some picks to record it, the freaking wind blew the damn thing over >:
Sunk this putt.

No mulligans, no kicking the ball to a "nice lie" away from a root or rock, LEGIT -5 on 3 holes :x

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

My Stats:
7 FIR
6 GIR
29 freakin putts (No 3 putts)

Damn still can't believe it.

Last edited:
I hit the range before my round today and shanked a bunch of balls. It really got into my head during the round and I was hitting all over the place. I had to scramble my *** off just to get bogeys en route to a 99

Bridges in Danville is a tough course...I did about as "well" as I expected, glad I stocked up on golf balls prior. My god.

The wind made the course even more challenging. For example, on par 5 they handicap at 8 played the toughest due to the pin and the wind.

I'll need a bunch more rounds under my belt before playing it again.

lol i'm not playing the Bridges ever. I played Tilden Park for the first time last weekend, and from what I could actually see it's a nice course...I've never heard so many "fore"s though. The tee boxes are placed within a few yards of the previous green, so you're hearing balls thud around you while trying to tee off, and there's not much rough separating fairways. Oh, and it was just a little foggy...

We Tee'd off at 9:30 and the fog didn't clear until around the 10th hole. Not a huge fan of 6.5 hour rounds, but I'd definitely play again.

Got some Ray Cooke wedges and like them. Not the caliber of Cleveland or Vokeys but for the price definitely hit it solid every time

Passed by the Princeville courses today. After bridges I can't fathom playing them yet. I may hop on a muni before I leave the island though.

oak hill showing its teeth today

justin rose +6 through 5
eek.gif

jonas blixt might be on top before the day's over

donald ross >

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom