laugh.gif

any tips for a beginner?
I can get free lessons.
what are some things that you wish you knew when you were first starting out

Played over memorial Day Weekend.
pimp.gif

Friday - Westridge in La Habra. Shot a low 100 lol Tough course
Saturday - Hemet Golf Club. Played terrrible. I was hungover and exhausted
Monday - Rancho San Joaquin - Irvine. Played well.

played tuesday for the first time in 10 months and shot a 92 at kierland in scottsdale. course is nice...what you know about air conditioned carts
laugh.gif

anyways shot at 92 with 36 putts
smh.gif

first hole was a par 5 on in 3 and then 3 putted
smh.gif
laugh.gif
but my short game is really rusty

i should be back in the low to mid 80s within a few weeks

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

^ all over so cal with those courses man.
laugh.gif

i used to play rancho san joaquin all the time. nice layout.

I used to live right down the street from this course for 5 years and I never played there.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

any tips for a beginner?
I can get free lessons.
what are some things that you wish you knew when you were first starting out

The biggest thing I wish I knew starting out was hitting down on the ball, and taking a divot AFTER the ball, not before...  flipping at impact was such a hard habit to break.

If you can get lessons, do it.. its so much easier starting out learining the right things to do, rather than UN-learning the bad things, then relearning the right things...

I just play for my 1st time yesterday. I'm hooked! I need insight on some nice cheap clubs for starters. Any suggestions?

Just got home from the bar after my golf league and after falling back in love with my putter and irons, we just had a nasty divorce.

I pulled the trigger on an Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball putter and the Nike VR Full cavity irons, as opposed to the Split Cavity since from the reviews I read there was much more forgiveness with the full cavity and still a decent amount of workability.

My bag has officially been revamped.... For better or worse

Just picked this up off Craigslist for $20 yesterday.  Kicked my 3 iron out.

laugh.gif

LOL My buddy flew in from out of town and we always play the same courses when he comes out. I wanted to switch things up this time around. San Joaquin layout is real nice, but I feel sorry for anyone paying full price for that course. Definitely worth $30 though, and they have margarita drink specials on Mondays.

My favorite lay-out was Hemet, really nice lay-out through the canyon setting, but the entire course is poorly maintained. grass really dry, absolutely no water, and the greens were not rolled. Must be struggling out there.

Originally Posted by solesavage

laugh.gif

LOL My buddy flew in from out of town and we always play the same courses when he comes out. I wanted to switch things up this time around. San Joaquin layout is real nice, but I feel sorry for anyone paying full price for that course. Definitely worth $30 though, and they have margarita drink specials on Mondays.

My favorite lay-out was Hemet, really nice lay-out through the canyon setting, but the entire course is poorly maintained. grass really dry, absolutely no water, and the greens were not rolled. Must be struggling out there.
yeah, they can get away with their ridiculous prices because every other course nearby is twice as much. there are some really nice courses out in the boonies though, im not surprised the hemet layout was nice.

I just pulled the trigger on those 09 Burner Plus Irons (4-AW)  I demo'ed months back.

321.06 shipped from rockbottomgolf.com.

Thinking about picking up a hybrid, took out my 4 iron, and now I need something for 210+ in the 1st cut or rough. Thinking about trying it out to see if I have better success out of the rough, vs the 5 wood I am using now.

Damn Bastitch, I was looking to get rid of mine, too. I need some Mizuno mp-58's or some Titleist AP2's. I'll admit you did get a hell of a deal, though. I paid more than twice that about a year ago...

Damn Bastitch, I was looking to get rid of mine, too. I need some Mizuno mp-58's or some Titleist AP2's. I'll admit you did get a hell of a deal, though. I paid more than twice that about a year ago...

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Just Picked up some AP2's 5-PW, 1* Strong.. LOVE them...When I was getting fitted I also hit the MP's-58's and was actually looking to get the Mizuno's, but walked out with an order for the AP2's.. They were just the better fit for me!

Either way Miznuo or Titleist
pimp.gif

went out to play a round...everything was terrible then on the 6th hole i hit a 50 foot putt for birdie and that turned my game around, definitely boosted my confidence
and then i came home to my new driver waiting at my door...TM superfast TP w/ RIP 70s shaft...gotta go hit the range ASAP

awesome day for golf all around!

new driver day.... again!!!! dumped my 2 week old taylormade superfast tp.... hahahahaha

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Yeah, I considered going with pre-owned, but this deal rolled along and it's clearly the better deal.

I'm still just 10 months into this golf thing, and I just needed a set of iron's that were made in the last 8 years.  Game improvements are still going to be in my bag for a couple more years.  I don't have the skill to work the ball very well yet, so the compromise of loft and distance vs. control and touch will do for now.

Back
Top Bottom