Any Golfers on NT?

if you're "new" to the game dont waste your money going to go get fit...just find some cheap +!! clubs and go play.

once you get somewhat decent than go.

and i need to lengthen my irons about 1/2" thinking about just switching out my shafts....or new irons all together.

^^ Thanks, just to add on to that. My Brother has been golfing off and on for about 8 years. More so teh past 4 years since he moved out to Oklahoma with our family. He is abt a 25 handicap. Never shot in the 80, or even low 90s. I try to give him tips, and its either he dont listen because he is the "big brother" or he just cant get his body to do what you need to, to have a succesful golf swing. One of my good friends said she wanted to learn to golf, so I took her to the driving range, and in 2 hours, I had her swinging on place and not swinging over the top. After 2 days she had a better fundalmentally sound golf swing than my brother. Just goes to show, the sooner you learn the better off you are.!

i got my Pro Combos a week after i placed my order, man they are sweet but they are definitely harder to hit
laugh.gif

been to the range PLENTY and still trying to find my new stance

.......... but what a great sound when you hit it pure!
pimp.gif

^

My combos came in a few weeks ago too. I'm loving these things. I loved the TW blades, but these are nice. Did you get any stamping on yours?

^^^ Yea I thought I was the next tiger woods, then after shooting in the 90s FOREVER, I was hit with a reality check...lol.. For some reason Ive always been able to putt well... all those times at putt putt as a kid paid off
smile.gif
Thats what really kept me from shooting in the triple digits.

Looking for a new toy for this season, any suggestions?

Already in the bag:

Cobra S9-1 Pro D
Callaway X-18 Pro's w/ Graphite x-stiff shafts
Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 3 wood w/ Steel shaft
Callaway X 5 wood
Adams Idea Hybrid A70S 3i
Odyssey 2-ball steel putter

Would also be up for suggestions on where yall get your balls from in bulk? Usually I buy a crap ton of balls for the season... Last year I got 64 NIKE MOJO's and ended the year with like 2 sleeves left.

^^^ What about checking out some new 3woods. I have a stell shaft in my 5 wood, its an old cobra ss. and I promise, thats the one club that feels the best when struck pure. So maybe the bertha is a trusly old club like my 3 wood. I am thinking about getting a Scotty Cameron this year. I like my cleveland classic but maybe its time to upgrade.

Yea the Bertha isn't even mine, pulled it out of my girlfriends Dads bag.
laugh.gif
Hes been living in Germany for a couple years so he doesn't need it. Fell in love with that club 3 years ago.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I love that club.

I've been looking at Scotty's but daaaaamn they're expensive. The most I've ever spent on a putter was $50 on my 2-Ball... Cant see myself spending the 2-3 bills that it takes for a Scotty. Maybe if someone convinced me that they would improve my putting by a good margin...

I get my balls at knetgolf.com they're practically brand new if you get the mint graded balls and theyre anywhere from 50-60% off retail.

Thanks for all the info guys.

I bought a set of Adams Tights Lies last year when I started playing, after enjoying the game so much I bought a pair of Burner Irons 4-PW for a good deal and sold the Adams to my brother.

I played 15-20 times last year and saw some improvement one shot can make your whole day. I am planning to get lessons starting this month, and plan on playing a ton this summer. I'm a teacher so I can play anyday depending on the weather. There is a deal in town where you pay $450 and it covers green fees for 2 big courses and the par 3 all ran by the city. My biggest problem is consistently putting together 3 or 4 good shots. Struggle with getting under the ball which is my main goal.

Thanks again for the input.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Thanks for all the info guys.

I bought a set of Adams Tights Lies last year when I started playing, after enjoying the game so much I bought a pair of Burner Irons 4-PW for a good deal and sold the Adams to my brother.

I played 15-20 times last year and saw some improvement one shot can make your whole day. I am planning to get lessons starting this month, and plan on playing a ton this summer. I'm a teacher so I can play anyday depending on the weather. There is a deal in town where you pay $450 and it covers green fees for 2 big courses and the par 3 all ran by the city. My biggest problem is consistently putting together 3 or 4 good shots. Struggle with getting under the ball which is my main goal.

Thanks again for the input.

Welcome to the world of golf. 
tongue.gif
  Consistancty is hard at first.  The main thing is to have a swing that you can REPEAT..  That's the important part.  To get a swing you can do over and over and over.. That way when you are under pressure you can rely on muscle memory.   If you are struggle with getting under the ball, I am assuming your misses are you hit the ball thin or you top it?  If so, there are plenty of drills to help you with that issue.  The 2 main things I focused on when I had that issue was hitting DOWN on the ball.. There are many drills you can do for this.  Check out youtube and you can see a bunch.  And also keeping the same level with you body.. not squating down in the swing, (like what Tiger has been fighting most his career) and come up out of the swing....

Again, I am assuming that your issues just based on your comment.  That is what most ppl first struggle with.  just keep in mind you want to hit down on the ball.  Your divot should start right after your ball.   I actually didnt know this until my 2nd full year of playing golf,  when i first started getting lessons. I thought your divot started BEFORE the ball.. Needless to say I was a terrible iron player.  Good thing I got hooked up with a great teacher in my area. 

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

^

My combos came in a few weeks ago too. I'm loving these things. I loved the TW blades, but these are nice. Did you get any stamping on yours?

nah ordered mine from golfsmith not nike... but I'm def looking into having them engraved since my dad is a jeweler
 "STROKE'EM" is gonna look sweet
roll.gif
 nah i'll probably put "GARCIA" 

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Looking for a new toy for this season, any suggestions?

Already in the bag:

Cobra S9-1 Pro D
Callaway X-18 Pro's w/ Graphite x-stiff shafts
Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 3 wood w/ Steel shaft
Callaway X 5 wood
Adams Idea Hybrid A70S 3i
Odyssey 2-ball steel putter

Would also be up for suggestions on where yall get your balls from in bulk? Usually I buy a crap ton of balls for the season... Last year I got 64 NIKE MOJO's and ended the year with like 2 sleeves left.

Gotta say the best club out for this year to me is the Cleveland Mashie. Its a hybrid club, retro looking, and it is fantastic. Shaft alone in the club is worth around 150, and the club is worth 150. Look into it around your golf shops to check it out.

just buy the Scotty, Fraij. its def not worth the money but they look badass and you'll definitely practice your putting more after spending the money.
laugh.gif

I am going to check them out tomorrow. I plan on walking a lot this season, so I need a good pair of shoes. Aint really had any complaints with Nike golf shoes yet.

I was wonderig how those Lunar's feel. I kinda want the white/grey or the ones with the neon on them. Might just get some old zoom elite 2's.

I tried them on today, they felt snug which is good, but of course cant really tell just how good they are until you walk in them.

Originally Posted by grusumm18

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Just found out my Annual Bonus is more than I expected
eek.gif

Time for a few pick ups..

LUNARCTRLWHTRD

copped the blacks in january for 125...nice shoe

I got the black ones also. No complaints. It is a really comfy shoe and most importantly it's waterproof guaranteed for 2 years.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

just buy the Scotty, Fraij. its def not worth the money but they look badass and you'll definitely practice your putting more after spending the money.
laugh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

*scouts ebay*

Back
Top Bottom