Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

^^^ No worries. There are so many different club selections on there, you are bound to find a combo that works well with your swing. I have a pretty decent swing, simple and compact, but still hit the ball a good distance. Its really all about find clubs that works best with you.

Went to the range sunday, and my irons were on point. I used to play a fade (well i didnt try to play one, thats just that was my swing was), I worked hard on improving my swing, now all I like to hit is draws.. Go figure. Got our Men's League Annual Meeting this friday, and our annual putting contest. Then our 1st tourny is next saturday. My game is Rusty.. Will be happy to shoot low 80s to start the season. 70s would be incredible
smile.gif

Sounds kind of lie my progression. I started with a fade, no matter what club. Now if I hit a shot it's got a little draw on it. I'm trying to work on moving the ball left and right now. But I'm certainly not low 80's high 70's like you though. My short game is just terrible right now.
ohwell.gif

^^^ I have learned to fade and draw the ball when my game is on. It's not all the time I can do it. If I don't feel like I can and there is a pin tucked away ina corner of a green I try not to get to fancy and I'll just try to hit the center if the green. That's really the key for the average player. Trying to eliminate mistake that can be avoided. Taking a 5 instead of an 8. Do that two times a round and you shave off 6 shots. That is what helped me and my scores. If I had lets say a green side bunker with no green to work with. And the green sloping away from me. Instead of trying to put it close and mis hit it I started just trying to get out of the bunker and on the green. Simple stuff like that can make a big difference. I still got a lot to improve on, but I'm happy with my game for the short amount if time I've really been playing and trying to improve. But anyone will tell you the short game is key to shaving strokes off your game.!!

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

Thanks for the advice k0betw0 and Jwill.  I'm definitely going to check out some of the smaller drivers, although k0be got me scared that I won't be able to hit one
laugh.gif
dude, you shouldn't even worry about hitting a smaller driver. it's not gonna make you die or something. you'll just see a significant yardage difference in your yardage. not the end of the world. and i just speak for my experiences which may very well be different from yours. a LOT of people told me i would regret hitting a smaller headed driver because it wasnt forgiving enough and i just pretty much told them to go f themselves and bought a smaller driver. a lot of them are not eating a ton of crow because of my decision to not listen to them. i'm only giving you my experience and what the "norm" is. your experience could very well be successful and you should take my "knowledge" as just a point of reference, not a hindrance. tee it up and let it fly son!!!

A few pages back a few of us talked about going to a smaller CC head rather than a 460 CC head. A lot of OEMs are also making smaller heads aval to the public. Just depends on which clubs you like, and which driver fits your game the best. try to get to a certified club fitter, and or a demo day so you can check a few out. Right now im playing a 440 cc head. I love it. I always felt like most 460 cc heads were too bulky for my taste. Didnt feel comfortable at address over those clubs..

I feel the same way, I flush my hybrid and 3 wood, but the driver contact just isn't there. 

I always told myself that the next driver I get I'm going to get fitted for but I felt that the majority of companies were pushing out 460cc heads.  I know the Nike VR tour is a smaller head and the original R9 is, but other than that I'm clueless. 

What driver are you playing that is 440cc?

And K0be, if you're selling the R11, does that mean you're sticking with the VR tour?
you should try cutting down the length on your driver if the contact isn't there.  most oem's have their driver's from 45.5 - 46.5

tour average is 44.5.  if those guys could hit a 45.5 accurately, they would, but they aren't, so what makes us think we can?

Originally Posted by reigndrop

A few pages back a few of us talked about going to a smaller CC head rather than a 460 CC head. A lot of OEMs are also making smaller heads aval to the public. Just depends on which clubs you like, and which driver fits your game the best. try to get to a certified club fitter, and or a demo day so you can check a few out. Right now im playing a 440 cc head. I love it. I always felt like most 460 cc heads were too bulky for my taste. Didnt feel comfortable at address over those clubs..

I feel the same way, I flush my hybrid and 3 wood, but the driver contact just isn't there. 

I always told myself that the next driver I get I'm going to get fitted for but I felt that the majority of companies were pushing out 460cc heads.  I know the Nike VR tour is a smaller head and the original R9 is, but other than that I'm clueless. 

What driver are you playing that is 440cc?

And K0be, if you're selling the R11, does that mean you're sticking with the VR tour?
you should try cutting down the length on your driver if the contact isn't there.  most oem's have their driver's from 45.5 - 46.5

tour average is 44.5.  if those guys could hit a 45.5 accurately, they would, but they aren't, so what makes us think we can?
Most guys on tour are below 45" that is correct. My friend just passed his PAT and went in there with a 44" VR Tour. I keep mine at 44.5" and I'm 6'1.

The worst is that these manufacturers are going with longer shafts just so that average consumer sees an increase in SS while in the monitor at the store. The reality is that you can gain yardage with a shorter shaft and a solid swing.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

lets be real here, nothing small about a 420cc driver.
laugh.gif

true. i think its a noticeable difference to 460cc. but 420cc isn't like going from a ping g10 to a titleist 710mb

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

HW, perhaps you should try the greatest driver ever made.

975d.jpg

975d with ei70 or dynamic gold was a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!! Just ask tiger!

I remember back in the day my step brother who golfed (I didnt) he kept talking about his new driver, the Callaway Big Bertha.. LOL.. talked about it like it was the best thing since sliced bread. Crazy how much the evolution of golf equipment has come since even the late 90s.

laugh.gif
Thanks for all the kind words fellas, but it was more of a joke than anything! 

Shhh, a small club head isn't anything to be scared of!  However, I'm liking the idea that I might need to shorten the shaft on my driver.  Is there anyway to figure this out besides getting on some kind of monitor?  Because I don't really have anything like that near me. 

And the golf simulator I've gone to has a VR tour so I think when I go next week I'm going to hit some drives with it. 

I don't know about the rest you, but any other NY'ers got some serious golf itch?  I can't wait to finally get on the course. 

I don't know about the rest you, but any other NY'ers got some serious golf itch?  I can't wait to finally get on the course. 

Right here.  We just got another snow storm where Im at too and they sayin more on thursday night.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Theres like 2 feet of snow still on the ground
sick.gif

i couldnt even fathom having snow still on the ground right now.

im gonna be straight hustling kids this summer...pretty much gonna be my second job

i already got 3 kids who wanna play me that i know ill throttle...and theyre pockets are deep

today i had a chipping contest with my buddy...if he wins i give him $40...if i win i get to use his LV sunglasses for spring break
pimp.gif

i won. feelsgoodman.jpg

laugh.gif

Sucks for you guys. Its 80 out here in socal and im passing on golf today cuz its too HOT!!! Hahaha

I'm dealing with low 40's and still some snow on the ground, and you have the luxury of taking the day off cuz its too hot?!

Must be nice!

Originally Posted by k0betw0

Sucks for you guys. Its 80 out here in socal and im passing on golf today cuz its too HOT!!! Hahaha

pimp.gif

76 here in florida

swag swag swag swag swag swag swag

How hard is it to re-grip a club?

The grip on my 52* x-16 SW is in terrible shape. Is it easy to install a new one if I cop off ebay?

its easy as hell if you have the tape and solvent...but if you only need to do 1 club just cop of ebay and go to your local course

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

How hard is it to re-grip a club?

The grip on my 52* x-16 SW is in terrible shape. Is it easy to install a new one if I cop off ebay?

Easy to do, you can buy the supplies at most golf shops.  Its actually a good thing to learn to regrip your own clubs over the life of your golf game, will save you some money.. Plus its another thing to do while you cant go out and golf.  I need to regrip mine here soon. 

Back
Top Bottom