Any Golfers on NT?

Anyone got a place around them that sells FITTED Cobra hats???

I cant find a white Fitted ANYWHERE.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I gotta sell my driver...
30t6p3b.gif
Cant get the ball up at all... My "good shots" with it get about 20 feet off the ground and fly for about 240 and get another 20 yards roll.

I wanna cop a Superfast 2.0 but I dont have the $$$ for it right now... Maybe next year...

I can look ay my pro shop on Monday....they're having a 30% off hat sale running through the 9th. Have you tried eBay?

Got of work early yesterday and instead of dealing with traffic went to golfsmith for an hour. Going to pick up a new 3 wood soon so I hit a bunch. Really liked the G15 and the Adams F11, put up pretty good numbers on the trackman with them. Think I will probably get a G15 but am trying to decide between a 3 wood and a 4 wood. Also hit a bunch of irons and have to say if I was to buy a set today it would be between the Nike Pro Combos and the Mizuno MP-53 or MP-63. Tried to like the AP2s but I just couldn't hit them as consistently as I was the others. Messed around with some drivers as well and if I was going to pick up a new driver right now I would have to go with the g15. Hit it right on the money just about every shot and was getting about 280 on the system and that was with a more controlled swing not even really hitting it. The Superfast 2.0 I didn't hit good, definitely don't like the fade bias since my preferred shot of the tee is a draw, plus the stock shaft sucked in the non tp. fraij if I were you I would look for a ping g10 or rapture off of ebay. People continually say that these 2 drivers easily perform as good as todays newest technology and I have been looking and you can find them for 100-150 with upgraded shafts.

airblaster503 wrote:  
Do you have a problem getting your woods up in the air?  Whenever I hit a shallow faced 3 wood the ball just balloons....Deep face gives me boring trajectory...

Fraij, what shaft do you have in your driver?  What are your driver specs?

Have you tried putting contact tape on the face to see where you are making contact? Tee height could be an issue...another alternative is to simply reshaft with a pull or a less expensive shaft like a NV65 or something along those lines.

Just dig through the bargain bin at a Golfsmith or the like, and then just have them pull the shaft out of the bargain driver and stick it in the Cobra. I saw a 983k with the NV-65S for $20 at Golfsmith a little over a week ago. Cheaper than buying the shaft brand new...

Originally Posted by eaalto

airblaster503 wrote:  
Do you have a problem getting your woods up in the air?  Whenever I hit a shallow faced 3 wood the ball just balloons....Deep face gives me boring trajectory...

No I have never had problems with getting my woods in the air, I just am more comfortable hitting the shallower faces off the deck.  Might pick up a strong 3 wood though for windy days, they had a Taylormade V Steel 13* there in good condition.  What are some solid deep face 3 woods out right now?  Probably going to go to a shop this week with an outdoor range to demo to get a better feel for the ball flight.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

airblaster503 wrote:  

No I have never had problems with getting my woods in the air, I just am more comfortable hitting the shallower faces off the deck.  Might pick up a strong 3 wood though for windy days, they had a Taylormade V Steel 13* there in good condition.  What are some solid deep face 3 woods out right now?  Probably going to go to a shop this week with an outdoor range to demo to get a better feel for the ball flight.

I haven't hit any new products...all of my woods are old.

I currently have a 13 degree 904f and a 19 degree 904f.  Both are great off the deck, and absolutely bomb the ball off the tee.  I pured the 3 wood 270 yards off the tee on Friday. 

I also have a Sonartec SS-07 (in between shallow/deep face), and that gets about the same flight characteristics - penetrating trajectory that just keeps going. 

Both the SS-07 and 13 degree 904f have low torque x-stiff shafts....the 19 degree 904f has a DG S300.

Won the 2nd flight of a tournament this morning. Picked up a small trophy and $100 for my $45 entry fee. Not too bad for a Sunday morning. I'm especially impressed that I did it with a new set of clubs. Every club was new except my putter.
laugh.gif
Oh, I shot a 92 BTW.

I took two demo three woods today. The Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood and the Burner 2.0. I was absolutely murdering the TEE 3 wood. I hit every drive with it and was going about 260-265 (the fairways were a little harder so I got extra yards from bounce/roll). When I hit it off the deck I was going about 240. I hit my current one about 210-220. The TEE was a very forgiving club and even on my mi****s the ball was still in play. I couldn't duck hook it and usually do that to my current 3 wood (old bubble burner) and my Dads 3 wood (Razr Hawk).

I'm going to try and get it and a 5 wood for the low through a PGA professional.

9 days until I go to Scottsdale. My buddy is trying to get us out on DC Ranch, Silverleaf, and Whisper Rock. They all are private clubs and look real dope so I hope he can set that up.

Juicy J,

You should check this out:
http://www.wakecountyautismsociety.org/golf2011.htm

Brier Creek is supposed to be a really nice course.  150 per individual or 500 for a 4 man team, and each player gets a voucher for a free round good for 2 players.  I'm using mine with my friend and his with me, so it's 3 plays for 125 a person if you can get 4 players together.  Pretty sweet deal. 

Can someone help clarify this rule for me?

If you hit a tee shot into a water hazard or lateral water hazard, do you have to re tee on the spot and hit a second ball, or can you take a drop and incur a one stroke penalty from the point of entry in a yellow staked water hazard, or a lateral drop from a red staked hazard.

I had a tee shot that looked like it had entered some trees, so I hit a provisional. When I got down to my provisional, I started looking for my first drive, and found it sitting just beyond some red stakes in a small creek. Is there any rule that says your tee shot can't clear red stakes? I thought only white stakes were out of bounds, and that red stakes just incur a one stroke penalty drop. I played the hole both ways just in case, and scored better with the ball that went in the water.

hey, sweet thread
pimp.gif

bought my membership for the season, not stringing rounds together but making some solid shots here and there. put one out there 325 on the 18th hole, felt nice

does everyone here play year round? i get snowed out come september

eealto- That's a pretty good deal. I'll still be in Scottsdale, but if not I would look into that. I haven't played Briar Creek in like 6 or 7 years when we played it during HS golf tournaments, but I remember it was a fun layout and a good golf course.

I think I'm getting the XCG4 3 and 5 woods from a Tour Edge Exotics rep before I leave for my trip. I'm not sure what the pricing is, but I think it will be PUD price which should give me like 40% off wholesale maybe. Under $200 per club and I'll be very happy.

If you hit a tee shot into a water hazard or lateral water hazard, do you have to re tee on the spot and hit a second ball, or can you take a drop and incur a one stroke penalty from the point of entry in a yellow staked water hazard, or a lateral drop from a red staked hazard.

I had a tee shot that looked like it had entered some trees, so I hit a provisional. When I got down to my provisional, I started looking for my first drive, and found it sitting just beyond some red stakes in a small creek. Is there any rule that says your tee shot can't clear red stakes? I thought only white stakes were out of bounds, and that red stakes just incur a one stroke penalty drop. I played the hole both ways just in case, and scored better with the ball that went in the water.

I always play that if it goes in a hazard I take a drop where it crossed.  If you find the ball in the hazard and it is playable, I play it and don't take a stroke.  I think the only time you have to re-tee the ball is when it goes out of bounds(white stakes).

I always play that if it goes in a hazard I take a drop where it crossed.  If you find the ball in the hazard and it is playable, I play it and don't take a stroke.  I think the only time you have to re-tee the ball is when it goes out of bounds(white stakes).

Okay...the area with the red stakes had always been confusing to me as most of the time there isn't even water there, but there IS a creek, so I guess it always plays as a hazard?  I don't HAVE to take drop if I can play the lie?  In this case it was sitting in water, but I have hit the ball there before and it was just sitting on soggy ground.

I need to purchase a rule book to carry in my bag...not knowing how the rules worked in 2 situations would have cost me 2 strokes today...shot a 92 instead of a 94.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Won the 2nd flight of a tournament this morning. Picked up a small trophy and $100 for my $45 entry fee. Not too bad for a Sunday morning. I'm especially impressed that I did it with a new set of clubs. Every club was new except my putter.
laugh.gif
Oh, I shot a 92 BTW.
grin.gif

come to NY

What's the deal with Walmart golf ball sales? Is it just a close out of last year's models or something?

I was at Walmart looking around and saw a tag for Callaway HX Bite Balls @ $10.00 / dozen, but no boxes on the shelf
frown.gif

I'm going to check out 2 other stores tonight if I can to see if I can find them.

I've been going through balls like crazy since joining my club and I need a cheap solution. Not about to go through Pro V1s or Z-Stars like it's nothing.

I just started getting into golf, and have been hitting the range every day in hopes of getting course ready by the summer. My girl's dad loaned me his set...theyre a set of Cleveland hybrids. I guess thats good for me since I'm a beginner. The past couple of weeks I've been trying to work on pitching, and CANNOT get consistent for the life of me. Anyone have any tips for me to get consistent in pitching? I can't get the ball in the air, seems like when I do, I feel lucky as opposed to doing it because I was supposed to. I go to practice and probably pitch less than half of the balls where I want them to. Just an FYI, I practice pitching about 10 yards away trying to get over a bunker. Help please!

Okay...the area with the red stakes had always been confusing to me as most of the time there isn't even water there, but there IS a creek, so I guess it always plays as a hazard?  I don't HAVE to take drop if I can play the lie?  In this case it was sitting in water, but I have hit the ball there before and it was just sitting on soggy ground.

I need to purchase a rule book to carry in my bag...not knowing how the rules worked in 2 situations would have cost me 2 strokes today...shot a 92 instead of a 94.
Yea I know for a fact a ball inside a red hazard is playable.  In high school I had to get up and down for bogey on a hole to beat out another guy to play in one of our tournaments, hit my second shot off the back of the green and was in 3-4 inches of water.  Needless to say I blasted that #@%++ out and made my bogey.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Favorite golf balls guys?

I went from nikes to bridgestones recently.
Right now using Callaway Diablo Tours, not bad plus I don't need anything with that much spin right now in Oregon

What's the deal with Walmart golf ball sales? Is it just a close out of last year's models or something?

I was at Walmart looking around and saw a tag for Callaway HX Bite Balls @ $10.00 / dozen, but no boxes on the shelf
frown.gif

I'm going to check out 2 other stores tonight if I can to see if I can find them.

I've been going through balls like crazy since joining my club and I need a cheap solution. Not about to go through Pro V1s or Z-Stars like it's nothing.
Yeah I started playing two years ago, and I'm always at Wal Mart looking for steals. The first time I came up on some HX Hot and HX bite for $10 each. They had probably 40 cases of each in the overhead spot above the paintballs lol. They pretty much do it every year around the beginning of the season when the new packaging or w/e comes out. I knew Nike had the 20XI coming out so I was keeping an eye out for the Nike One Tours lol. I was joking with a friend about having a feeling in my trick knee that told me that there was a clearance, and sure enough
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'm kind of pissed because I went on a Friday, when all of the Bridgestones were still $25. I went back on Monday and EVERYTHING was half the price it was on Friday. They probably marked the Bridgestones down to $15 like they did the Nikes. I still got 4 of each of the HX's for $5/ea and 4 boxes of the Taylormade burner tour 24pks for $10/ea so I can't hate.

ztx091.jpg

That was on Friday before everything got slashed in half the next day
mad.gif

2exn5vr.jpg

My backstock

28a2j4i.jpg

and a couple of new clubs to add to my Frankenstein bag. Some of y'all lookin like you're sponsored and I'm over here with like 6 different brands
laugh.gif

Mizuno JPX800 Pro Irons
Adams Speedline 9064LS 9.5* with Aldila RIP Gamma
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter
Titleist Vokey 60*
Cleveland 56*
Taylormade Burner 3 wood
Taylormade R9 5 wood
Nike VR pro 3H

...and I still shoot high 80's smh

Back
Top Bottom