Any Golfers on NT?

so my dad used the mizuno set he bought me to try out yesterday and murdered his friends
laugh.gif

now he wants to use them next season
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Played yesterday.

Did ok, couldn't put worth a damn, at all. Score would have been one of my better because I hit the fairways and greens on the par 3s. Unfortunately for me, 2-4 putting isn't a good look.

I need a new putter, don't care of its used or whatever but mine isn't doing me any good. I can't get a good feel for it.

I'm getting nice with my driver where I actually feel a lot more comfortable using it. I'm learning to hit a consistent fade, too.

I'm also going to look for a 3 wood since the local muni's near me don't really need a driver. Especially when I get better.

Mental error of the day? Short par 3 (150), wanted to use my 9. Accidentally used my 6. As my friends noticed the ball sailing over the hole, like, "Damn you really hit the hell out of that one"....look down and see the line under the 6...oops

edit - didn't see you there bas...
laugh.gif
LOL...I ended up barely squeezing in a round at Davis Muni. $12 on a walkable 18 was just what the doctor ordered.

I still suck, but I'm not making some of the mistakes I've been making, so I actually felt good. First time I've ever shot sub 120 (114) at an 18,so there is progress there. Plus, we played the 18th in the absolute dark, so my 11 on 18 should have been a 6.

My hitting off the tee is horrendous. I had one fairway the entire day. ONE. If I just stuck with my 4 Iron instead of my driver or my 3 wood off the tee,I'm pretty sure I could have shaved 5 more strokes off my day.

If I just play smarter and improve my hitting off the tee, I'm pretty sure I can shave 10 strokes and get in the 100-110 range for a full round of 18 if Ican play frequently enough over the next couple months.

I need some lessons, though, bad. Either that, or some new people to play with. My brother-in-law is too worried about me actually beating him to teach meanything. The tide turned yesterday. I got him by 1 stroke, even with that 11 on 18.

Month 3, guys. No lessons (yet), but the ship is moving in the right direction. Slowly but surely.

Oh, and I used GolfShot for the iPhone to keep score, and it automatically emails me my card:

[table][tr][td]JOE B[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]OUT[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]IN[/td] [td]TOTAL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WHITE[/td] [td]343[/td] [td]306[/td] [td]132[/td] [td]267[/td] [td]128[/td] [td]328[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]274[/td] [td]216[/td] [td]2097[/td] [td]306[/td] [td]154[/td] [td]272[/td] [td]438[/td] [td]167[/td] [td]259[/td] [td]120[/td] [td]313[/td] [td]367[/td] [td]2396[/td] [td]4493[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HANDICAP[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PAR[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]67[/td] [/tr][tr][td] SCORE[/td] [td] 6[/td] [td] 6[/td] [td] 8[/td] [td] 6[/td] [td] 4[/td] [td] 8[/td] [td] 3[/td] [td] 6[/td] [td] 8[/td] [td]55[/td] [td] 8[/td] [td] 5[/td] [td] 5[/td] [td] 10[/td] [td] 4[/td] [td] 5[/td] [td] 4[/td] [td] 7[/td] [td] 11[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]114[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ROUND SCORE[/td] [td]+2[/td] [td]+4[/td] [td]+9[/td] [td]+11[/td] [td]+12[/td] [td]+16[/td] [td]+16[/td] [td]+18[/td] [td]+22[/td] [td]+22[/td] [td]+26[/td] [td]+28[/td] [td]+29[/td] [td]+34[/td] [td]+35[/td] [td]+36[/td] [td]+37[/td] [td]+40[/td] [td]+47[/td] [td]+47[/td] [td]+47[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NET SCORE[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]114[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TEE CLUB[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]6i[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]6i[/td] [td]3W[/td] [td]8i[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]5W[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]6i[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]6i[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]6i[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]1W[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FAIRWAYS[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]17%[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0%[/td] [td]8%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GIR[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]11%[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0%[/td] [td]6%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PUTTS[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]2.4/43[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SAND SHOTS[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PENALTIES[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][/table]
I really have no shame anymore regarding how much I suck at golf.

Ugh, the text is black. I'm too lazy to change it. If you care, just highlight over the chart to see the numbers.

When I have a bad tee shot and I'm like next to a tree or something I've changed my approach. No more of the "1 in a million type shots", Isimply try and get it back to the fairway so I'll a much better chance at a save.

You got my PM bas...I'll be around during the week of thanksgiving

I played Mare Island on Saturday and barely broke 100. My putting, chipping, and even driving were good, but anything between 100 and 150yds was garbage. Iwent in the bunker 3 times and each time it took me at least two tries to get out 'cause they were steep as hell. BTW that Golfshot GPS is the best $25I've spent in a while.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

I played Mare Island on Saturday and barely broke 100. My putting, chipping, and even driving were good, but anything between 100 and 150yds was garbage. I went in the bunker 3 times and each time it took me at least two tries to get out 'cause they were steep as hell. BTW that Golfshot GPS is the best $25 I've spent in a while.

Dang, I need to see what Mare Island has to offer. I didn't use the GPS at Davis because it's not that big a course so I didn't really need it. Icould have used it at Cherry Island in Sac and Blue rock West, but I didn't jailbreak my phone until last week.It's pretty damn awesome.

Oh, one thing I noticed is that I can't play for **** if I feel rushed by the people playing behind us or if the Sun is going down. We were trying tosqueeze in 18 at Blue Rock Springs West before it got dark, and I couldn't concentrate.

What's up with Pine Meadows this weekend, Joe? Feel like lugging a rookie around?

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I played Mare Island on Saturday and barely broke 100. My putting, chipping, and even driving were good, but anything between 100 and 150yds was garbage. I went in the bunker 3 times and each time it took me at least two tries to get out 'cause they were steep as hell. BTW that Golfshot GPS is the best $25 I've spent in a while.

Dang, I need to see what Mare Island has to offer. I didn't use the GPS at Davis because it's not that big a course so I didn't really need it. I could have used it at Cherry Island in Sac and Blue rock West, but I didn't jailbreak my phone until last week.It's pretty damn awesome.

Oh, one thing I noticed is that I can't play for **** if I feel rushed by the people playing behind us or if the Sun is going down. We were trying to squeeze in 18 at Blue Rock Springs West before it got dark, and I couldn't concentrate.

What's up with Pine Meadows this weekend, Joe? Feel like lugging a rookie around?
Yeah, I'm down.....I'll check which day works best for me, preference on time and/or which day?

I used to be that way too about feeling rushed, etc. And sometimes there are *%!@$+%% who will play on your heels, though generally a few glares will makethem lay off.
I've had to fight the sprinklers at Pine Meadows before during the summer time. Tee'd up, ran out of the way, sprinkler cycles past, run up to the box(I think this is on 9) and just hit it.

Dang, I need to see what Mare Island has to offer. I didn't use the GPS at Davis because it's not that big a course so I didn't really need it. I could have used it at Cherry Island in Sac and Blue rock West, but I didn't jailbreak my phone until last week.It's pretty damn awesome.

Oh, one thing I noticed is that I can't play for **** if I feel rushed by the people playing behind us or if the Sun is going down. We were trying to squeeze in 18 at Blue Rock Springs West before it got dark, and I couldn't concentrate.

I like Mare Island because it has a little of everything. The front 9 is kind of flat and straight forward, but the back 9 gets pretty hilly likeBlue Rock. The only complaint I have is that the tee boxes and some of the fairways were a little hard which sucked because the ball rolled back like crazy onsome uphill shots.

I've noticed that I can't tee off when the people behind us pull up to the tee box. I either top the ball and it rolls 10 yards into the women'stee box, or I hit it 100 yards to the right into some trees/water.

I've played for 4 years now, no lessons just going out and playing with friends. I actually kept track of my rounds this summer. I'm a 14 handicap.

Here's whats in the bag.

Driver: Callaway FT-i
Fairway Woods: Callaway X 3 and 5 wood
Hybrid: Adams A3os
Irons: Callaway Big Bertha
Wedges: Callaway X tour 56 and 50
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball SRT
Kicks: Adidas Tour 360

Anybody off today? I don't have work and my wife AND kids are having flu-like symptoms.

I need to get the hell out of here and onto a course.

Shot a 46 and 45 at Pine Meadows on Thursday all by myself.

After some advice regarding my wrists from a co-worker, changing my grip to a traditional golf grip (as opposed to a baseball ball grip), and creating aroutine when addressing the ball, I'm hitting my irons pretty consistently.

My fairway woods and drivers are still horrible, though. I really need to work that out.

Nice work Bastitch.

this is the thing about college football season, I completely lose my Saturdays

and then add that to me losing mad employees, I actually have to do work and cant cut out the office early

the last time I wwent to golf course was in August to watch my lil nephew hit a bucket...
smh.gif

Bas - I'm probably going to Buchanon on Sunday..so hit me up, worst case we can meet up at the range prior. I'm going with a couple of buddies but Ithink we'd have 3 max. I'd imagine if your having that much trouble with your driver/fairway woods may have to do with your feet in adjacent to thegolf ball position. lol @ gunna "having to actually work"..

I ended up playing at Davis Muni again (18 for $12 is irresistible).

We were racing against the sun, and I played about as well as I did last week. At least I'm consistent. I still can't hit any woods. *Sigh*.

Maybe next week, Lazy?

Why can't you hit your woods? Do you top the ball, or do you slice? I used to have problems hitting them too, and now my 3 and 5 woods are my favoriteclubs.

Why can't you hit your woods? Do you top the ball, or do you slice? I used to have problems hitting them too, and now my 3 and 5 woods are my favoriteclubs.

Why can't you hit your woods? Do you top the ball, or do you slice? I used to have problems hitting them too, and now my 3 and 5 woods are my favorite clubs.

Last week, I really focused on getting my swing proper. I changed my grip from a baseball style grip to a standard golf grip and am focusing on my wrist breakat the top of my backswing.

This resulted in the most consistent swing I've had with my irons by far in the 2 months I've been playing golf.

I think it's about ball position with my woods. I have been topping the ball, and when I do make contact there's a serious slice.

I need to work this out, somehow.

Why can't you hit your woods? Do you top the ball, or do you slice? I used to have problems hitting them too, and now my 3 and 5 woods are my favorite clubs.

Last week, I really focused on getting my swing proper. I changed my grip from a baseball style grip to a standard golf grip and am focusing on my wrist break at the top of my backswing.

This resulted in the most consistent swing I've had with my irons by far in the 2 months I've been playing golf.

I think it's about ball position with my woods. I have been topping the ball, and when I do make contact there's a serious slice.

Yeah, I used to have the same exact problem. I used to top the ball, so I started lining it up toward my backfoot, but then the clubfacewouldn't come all the way around on my downswing. I'd end up hitting the ball with the face still open, and I would slice the hell out of it. Whatworked for me was putting the ball between the middle and my left foot and coming down on the ball a little more. I used to sway like crazy, but keeping myweight on my left (front) foot during my backswing helped me come down on the ball properly. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, butthat's just what worked for me.

Last week, I really focused on getting my swing proper. I changed my grip from a baseball style grip to a standard golf grip and am focusing on my wrist break at the top of my backswing.

Yeah, I used to have the same exact problem. I used to top the ball, so I started lining it up toward my backfoot, but then the clubfacewouldn't come all the way around on my downswing. I'd end up hitting the ball with the face still open, and I would slice the hell out of it. Whatworked for me was putting the ball between the middle and my left foot and coming down on the ball a little more. I used to sway like crazy, but keeping myweight on my left (front) foot during my backswing helped me come down on the ball properly. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, butthat's just what worked for me.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

all i gotta say is the backswing is the most overrated part of the golf swing...remeber that
Ive never heard anything like that in my life.

If your backswing tempo is off , elbows fly everywhere, get way past parallel are off balance, or your hands are too far ahead or too far behind you arentgonna strike the ball well at all

shot a 90 then an 85 my last 2 rounds. im liking these new clubs.

then it snowed yesterday
ohwell.gif

my chipping game is
sick.gif
. i mean that in the worst way possible

Nice to see this thread get some action again.

I played my usual 9 hole par 3 today, scored a 40 for two weeks in a row now. Chipping is coming along quite nicely with my 60 degree and pitching wedge. Icompensate for the huge gap with my swing. Made a few adjustments to my swing too and am pretty comfortable and consistent with it.

Can't wait to go back next week.

Back
Top Bottom