Any Golfers on NT?

113 at Blue Rock West today.

It's starting to come together. A little bit.

My chipping is a joke, and my putting. *sigh* Damn my putting.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

113 at Blue Rock West today.

It's starting to come together. A little bit.

My chipping is a joke, and my putting. *sigh* Damn my putting.
damn u guys are lucky as hell to be golfing.

my girl got me some taylormade smoke tp irons and they look so sweet. mid april cannot come soon enuff.

It looks like I'm going to be getting a round in today.

My goal is to break 110 before 2010, feel me?

Originally Posted by bohrdom

c'mon hov. us broke folk can't afford to play golf
laugh.gif
exactly what i came in here to say.
roll.gif

Gonna play Mare Island tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much. I like that course though. It's like playing two seperate nine holes. Just got anew driver. Cleveland Monster Hi Bore. Can't wait to take it out.

It looks like I'm going to be getting a round in today.

My goal is to break 110 before 2010, feel me?
I'm at work, otherwise I'd go.

Where you playing?

I think Franklin Canyon had some specials.

Looks like I cannot even play on Sunday because I gotta pick up my parents from the airport. I was hoping to go too.

akgb2x.jpg

Had all these clubs since HS. Before these I had Callaway Woods, Cleveland TA5s and a Scotty Studio design blade style that I just don't use anymore.

Driver: Nike Ignite 9.5 w/ Graffaloy Blue pro launch shaft.
3 wood: 13 degree Sonartec
Hybrid: Pro combo hybrid 18 degrees
Irons : Nike pro combo 3 - PW
Wedges: first gen nike irons
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom.

I've only played twice in 09 because being in college I never make the time. Shot a 78 at Wigwam resort in Phoenix in March when I was up there for SpringTraining games, and an 87 last week on the Ike at Industry Hills in the City of Industry. I played to about a 6 handicap when I was in high school, but Istopped playing on the team before my senior year. When I graduate hopefully I'll have the time and money to start playing regularly. When I do, I thinkI'll get a new Driver, 3 Wood and wedges. I'm in love with my irons, but I want to get them re-gripped and re-shafted. Grew up playing 15 holes atWestchester (off Manchester in LA)
pimp.gif

Going to Blue Rock on Saturday, and hopefully my putting doesn't suck as much as last week at Eagle Vines.

So, my inconsistency is running rampant.

115 at Blue Rock East to follow up my 113 at Blue Rock West last Saturday.

I could have easily broken 110 today. I had a 12 on one hole, where I topped a ball twice for a total of 15 yards, the last of which put me into a bunker. That was all after hitting my tee shot right into the water.

I've been really focusing on doing the right things when chipping, and that showed today. So I'm pretty excited to 2010 and completing my first yearof golf (which will happen in September).

Joe, we gotta play some time in the Spring. I need new people to play with. I get no advice outside of YouTube videos.

The Worse/Best compliment on the golf course Ive ever Got - "Man you have such a solid smooth swing, from the tees/ and on the greens you look like ascratch player, but your Irons Suck' - AGREED.... I can drive the ball far, and I can pick a section of the fairways that I want to hit.. there have beenrounds that I have hit 14/14 fairways on certain days.. and that while carrying a driving average of around 270 (Of course that does not happen all the time,but for the most part my Driver is great and my short game/putting is really good.. this past season I must of chipped in a good 10-12 times.. but my dangirons.. they SUCK.. I just cant hit them, but the good thing is I think I found my flaw, and I found it the last round of the season .. I was not bringing theclub on my downswing from the inside... I was watching the PGA and was like why cant I hit my irons.. then I noticed that was the key step I was not doing. didit on the course and was hitting my irons SO MUCH better... Jan 4th I will be going back to working on my golf game. I got a net in my garage and will behitting hundreds of shots each day.. I want to get down from a 16 handicap to a 7-8 by the end of this upcoming season.. only 3 months til the golf seasonstarts.. first tourney at the beginning of April...!

btw, Has anyone hit the Nike Victroy Reds split cavities yet? I can get them for a good price, but I have yet to hit em......

Played Blue Rock East on Saturday, and everything was good except my driving. I think I only had one 3-putt, so my putting was ok, but my shots off the teewere all over the place. I also couldn't hit my sand wedge for some reason, so I ended up hitting my P wedge on the shorter shots, and ended upovershooting a couple of greens.

I ended up with a 46 on the front 9, and we didn't get to finish the back 9 because there was a 2-some (riding) and a 3-some (walking) that hooked up andheld us up most of the time. I finished off the 14th hole with a 71. I really need to play more often, though. I think I'm gonna try and play at least oncea week after the clocks roll forward.

I haven't played in a minute. Any So-cal golfers up to meet up and play? Preferably weekends.

I could have easily broken 110 today. I had a 12 on one hole, where I topped a ball twice for a total of 15 yards, the last of which put me into a bunker. That was all after hitting my tee shot right into the water.

I've been really focusing on doing the right things when chipping, and that showed today. So I'm pretty excited to 2010 and completing my first year of golf (which will happen in September).

Joe, we gotta play some time in the Spring. I need new people to play with. I get no advice outside of YouTube videos.
I'll be a bit more available come Sundays even in busy season (ie - tax season). So if we have good weather I'm down. I haven'tplayed since I last talked to you around my birthday. Holidays are tough because of family commitments, etc. Plus the weather wasn't great. I'mdefinately down, though we keep missing eachother's schedules.

Topping the ball seems like you're pulling your head up a bit too.

^^^ my friends and i normally play at Mile Square. u kno any courses with a cheap green fee durin the weekends?

So did anybody get any golf stuff for Christmahanukwanzakah? I got a few gift cards for golf shops and passes to Chardonnay and Eagle Vines. I'll probablyhold on to the gift cards for a while since nothing new has really caught my eye.

I've been really focusing on doing the right things when chipping, and that showed today. So I'm pretty excited to 2010 and completing my first year of golf (which will happen in September).

Oh man, I remember playing blue rock last year, not a good idea to walk that course..
laugh.gif

Love playing rancho solano and Paradise in Fairfield. We should get a mini Solano Summit goin..

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Hey Bastitch, if you're you happen to be looking for an Odyssey White Hot XG-2 ball putter I may be able to hook you up. I bought it because it felt really good at the golf shop ($189), but the 2 ball alignment is weird to me. It's one of the most popular putters, though
laugh.gif

So yesterday, I actually got around to getting 9 in a Buchanan in Concord (and shot my 9 hole best-to-date 42, 2 over bogey golf) and my cheap piece of ****Ram putter broke. There's this plasticy/metal thing on the face that just came off. So, it looks like I'm back in the market for a legit putter.

I've seen that putter and I've looked at that exact model at the store several times, but obviously I'm not in a position to buy a putter thatcosts more than my entire set of clubs.

But I'd entertain the thought if you are just desperately trying to drop that thing
laugh.gif

i would invest in a good putter Bastitch... if you think about it you use it 1-4 times PER hole thats 18-72 times a round.
You can find a good solid putter for $75-150. Golf Digest has the equipment issue out, good stuff in there.

Wow I can't remember when was the last time I got a hold of my Taylor Made Burner set. I started playing golf when I was like 7 years old, stop for a whileat 16 when i stepped college. Played for my country(Philippines) at Junior Worlds(San Diego, CA) 4 times, 2000-2002 and 2005. Ranked 6th at Asia Pacific JuniorGolf Championship 2001. Use reach 120 yards using a sand wedge. Awww I miss the smell of fresh cut grass in the morning. And oh btw I tried wearing Jordanswhile playing golf, slippery. ahahaha

The thought if getting 120 out of my SW is so out there, I'm not even going to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom