Any Golfers on NT?

well i have succumbed. i bought a vrs.... i mean its kinda crazy when all the staffers are basically playing it... makes u wonder how good the thing is... at least i got it for peanuts. now gotta wait for the shaft to come in...

Originally Posted by k0betw0

well i have succumbed. i bought a vrs.... i mean its kinda crazy when all the staffers are basically playing it... makes u wonder how good the thing is... at least i got it for peanuts. now gotta wait for the shaft to come in...
I almost copped a VR Tour the other day with Project X 6 for $99
laugh.gif
Some people scooped up the used ones with AD DI's in them off globalgolf.com before I got there...
frown.gif

Even after I had just bought my RBZ.

Anyone ever try mizuno irons??

I have a Mizuno MP T-10 60* wedge and the feel is better than anything else I have tried.

I hear that the irons have amazing feel as well, and Im curious to see if anyone here has tried them.

waiting to order with a Project X 6.0 or OBAN Devotion 6.0
CANT WAIT
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I almost copped a VR Tour the other day with Project X 6 for $99
laugh.gif
Some people scooped up the used ones with AD DI's in them off globalgolf.com before I got there...
frown.gif

Even after I had just bought my RBZ.
yeah, i picked up a fubuki alpha and im gonna rip the shaft out to throw into the vr-s... i was looking at all the pics and casey, dyson, ames, vegas, glover, ak, lovemark, blumenhurst, and wie are all playing the vrs... i kno in the past most of them played the vr tour glued, the sumo2 tour (loved that) and the vr limited. to have basically everyone in the stable minus cink and woods play it speaks VOLUMES. it was either this or the rbz but like i said, that many people playing the vrs + even year nike driver (always a good thing) has me testing the waters... i'm a bit disenchanted with taylormade largely because it's pretty disgusting to me how they market the r11s and yet none of their major players dj, serg, rose, and clark play a retail version. goose moved to the rbz, so did donald, kaemer, and villegas. day doesn't even play the rbz. he still on his sftp 2.0....

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

waiting to order with a Project X 6.0 or OBAN Devotion 6.0
CANT WAIT
pimp.gif
dude i dont know what the upcharge is on those i wouldn't do order it directly that way. i bought my vrs for 220 shipped off of ebay brand new. you can easily buy a px 6.0 pull for less than 100 bucks and they are easily available, i have one sitting in my closet. you can also buy a oban devo for 160 installed brand new at any certified dealer. imo thats BY FAR the best way to do it

Saw the same deal on ebay for 218 shipped but I dont want to go through the hassle of buying a POS shaft selling it and buying a new one and installing *shrug*

called NikeGolf Rep a last week ago... I'm waiting for the next Golfsmith % or 50$ deal +my trade-in to special order

OBAN $100
PX $175
Prolauch $40
Diamana Ka'Lil $175-200

Ill need to sit down and do the math... my brain hurts
laugh.gif

Saw the same deal on ebay for 218 shipped but I dont want to go through the hassle of buying a POS shaft selling it and buying a new one and installing *shrug*

called NikeGolf Rep a last week ago... I'm waiting for the next Golfsmith % or 50$ deal +my trade-in to special order

OBAN $100
PX $175
Prolauch $40
Diamana Ka'Lil $175-200

Ill need to sit down and do the math... my brain hurts
laugh.gif
hah. i'll do the math for you, afterall i teach math and i've done a large portion of the calculations in my head already

scenario 1:
directly through nike vrs + oban: 400 + tax (no discounts. gs doesn't discount new nike stuff)
vrs off ebay 220 + oban devo 160: 380

you save 20 + tax (assuming its ~30) + whatever you want in order to sell the stock shaft (i keep stock stuff just in case i wanna send back to dealer for a problem)

scenario 2: px
direct: 475 + tax
ebay: 220 + buy a true temper px6 off global golf for ~110-125 + free ship + swap labor (usually 20) = 365

you save 110 + tax + wahtever you want in order sell the stock shaft....

you could do an even MORE awesome deal that is a little known secret.... DONT TELL NOBODY
ebay vrs: 220
this shaft for 77: http://www.ebay.com/itm/G...&hash=item256822d2d5
labor: again 20

the link to that shaft was a prototype of the graphite design di6 that everyone loves. it just doesn't have the cool white/orange paint...

thats pretty much the best bang for the buck / highest performance i could think of....

Hey quick question. Anyone have any idea if golfsmith would change the shaft on my Titelist 910dd2? I want to go to a S because I bought a R originally but my swing speed has picked up so much over this last year that I need to move to a S. I read somewhere that Titelist is very anal and sort of wants to force you to buy a whole new driver. Thanks in advanced.

I am still relatively new to golf so I'm a newb somewhat.  Played 15 rounds this past year which was my first full year of golf.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Hey quick question. Anyone have any idea if golfsmith would change the shaft on my Titelist 910dd2? I want to go to a S because I bought a R originally but my swing speed has picked up so much over this last year that I need to move to a S. I read somewhere that Titelist is very anal and sort of wants to force you to buy a whole new driver. Thanks in advanced.

I am still relatively new to golf so I'm a newb somewhat.  Played 15 rounds this past year which was my first full year of golf.

yeah thats not gonna happen. u could order a new shaft separately however

thanks Kob!
I'm looking at the PX on the Bay for $99 +$218 as my go to option

Looks like I'll need to sacrifice some friends but I'm def getting this driver!!

Golfwrx has me thinking about the Adams Speed 12 tho
laugh.gif

thanks Kob!
I'm looking at the PX on the Bay for $99 +$218 as my go to option

Looks like I'll need to sacrifice some friends but I'm def getting this driver!!

Golfwrx has me thinking about the Adams Speed 12 tho
laugh.gif
good call. i just picked up one of the graphite design di6 proto for 50 bucks after shipping to mess around with hahaha

Well that's what I planned to do.  I just need to figure out which one and then get it installed.  I'm probably going to hold off on that because other than the range I don't use the driver that much.  My woods are more consistent for me to hit off the tee.

Theres some really nice shafts in the used clubs on globalgolf.com... Specifically the Nike clubs, Machspeed and VR PRO... Fubuki Tour 63's and supposedly AD DI-6's... I've been on the look out for the AD DI but haven't been able to spot one in time.

http://www.globalgolf.com...spx?pid=1019392&gd=3

Fubuki's still available though... and Matrix HD6. But I'm waiting on an AD DI.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Theres some really nice shafts in the used clubs on globalgolf.com... Specifically the Nike clubs, Machspeed and VR PRO... Fubuki Tour 63's and supposedly AD DI-6's... I've been on the look out for the AD DI but haven't been able to spot one in time.

http://www.globalgolf.com...spx?pid=1019392&gd=3

Fubuki's still available though... and Matrix HD6. But I'm waiting on an AD DI.
Damn you fraij!!  I had no idea globalgolf had such a sick used club section.  This will not be good to my wallet this summer
devil.gif

With the weather we've been having in NY, I have officially played golf for 12 straight months.  Global warming ftw???

Anyways, played 9 today, and was very pleased. The last couple rounds had me scared, as I had a SCARY slice going on.  Finally figured out I just needed to slow things down a bit, and it was mid season form out there today. 

Anyone seen good prices on Method 003 putters???

I'm trying to get rid of this junk 2-ball SRT I've been playing... Need an 003 or an Odyssey #9.

Finally had time to play today!
Shot a 76 at Robinson Ranch (for you socal heads) 
pimp.gif

perfect day out in LA to play.

Wanted to get out so bad this past week, was sunny in the 60s for a few days. I have a broken bone in my foot though and have to stay off of it for a few more weeks after hurting it again about a week ago. Been reading the past few pages and I think I am going to pick up a VR tour in 9.5*. Hit one last year and was nice plus I like the smaller head.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Wanted to get out so bad this past week, was sunny in the 60s for a few days. I have a broken bone in my foot though and have to stay off of it for a few more weeks after hurting it again about a week ago. Been reading the past few pages and I think I am going to pick up a VR tour in 9.5*. Hit one last year and was nice plus I like the smaller head.
http://www.globalgolf.com...spx?pid=1019685&gd=3

That VR Pro Tour comes in a RIP Alpha if you want "excellent" condition... a lot of people getting excellent condition clubs from global are getting them still in plastic or not hit at all!

Very good condition has Fubuki Tour 73 and Tour 63!

I'm thinking about copping one with the Fubuki 73 and having the shaft pulled and put an RBZ tip on it.
pimp.gif

I would get that but I absolutely hate that str8 fit hosel. Thing is terrible to look at when addressing the ball, plus I would never even adjust it anyways.

I got my first round in today. I have to say that some of the practice I did at the range have helped. Hitting straighter and more consistent in terms of distance. My wedge game still needs a lot of work to be more consistent but I'm slowly getting there. I just like how you can constantly improve and tweak things to make yourself better. It's just so god damn complex.

here's what I'm working with for the time being...

9.5* Rbz (PX 6.0/Speeder 652 Tour Spec X/Speeder VC 7.0 X)
15.5* r11 (Epic FW S)
18* or 21* Rescue 11 (Aldila RIP Hybrid X)
4-P Titleist 710 AP2 (DGS300)
52* Titleist Vokey SM4 (DGS400)
58* Titleist Vokey SM4 TVD (DGS400)
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I switch out the driver shaft depending on how I'm hitting the ball and the Rescue loft is dependent upon the length of the course I'm playing. I only carry 13 clubs as I rarely feel the need for an additional club and I don't want to walk around with any extra weight. I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

I guess I've OD'd on my ball buying... I have like 16 dozen new balls right now.
laugh.gif
Mostly Nike ONE Vapor Speeds... few dozen Pro V-1s... Like 6 dozen Nike Mojo's...

I gotta sell these mojos...

Back
Top Bottom