Any good places to buy Prada sneakers online?

Oh there you are Yamakazi. I think their miles away in quality compared to Nike's. Just from experience alone Guccis and Pradas gets much better qualitymaterials and construction than Nike's. Take it easy with the terms as well, "blake" and "boxcalf".
laugh.gif
You'll get plenty of NTers scratching their head.

^yea man i posted right above you
tongue.gif

ok, so i went and checked out some of the high end sneakers when the nordstrom sale started, and honestly the leathers used were a bit above my expectations,but the price and materials don't rise in a linear manner. i'm not saying it's great stuff, but i'll say it's a bit above the averagefactory, mass-produced sneaker. there were way fewer loose stitches and thread ends than i thought, along with fewer glue marks on the midsole/upper (which isprevalent in nikes these days). the outsole was just a normal outsole as far as i could tell, and the leather didn't feel like cardboard. i actually triedon the gucci one, and it was strangely more comfortable than some of my nikes right out the box
laugh.gif
i checked out some gucci sneakers as well as the pradacups, in case anyone was wondering.

after owning and feeling leathers from C&J, EG, and mantellassi, i can honestly say the leather for the gucci sneaker felt cheap and thin, not at allsupple, but then again i'm comparing shoes to sneakers. sneakers from common projects though, have leather and clean construction that just blew away thecompetition from any designer sneaker i've seen. this may be partly due to the bleaching process to turn that sneaker white, and the fact that it'sbeen sitting on the shelves for probably a year collecting dust, but it mostly has to do with the SOURCING of its original leather. gucci does source finerleathers from some eastern european tanneries for their SHOES, but it's nothing like the highest end leathers. this is especially true for their SNEAKERS,which feels pretty much like regular cowhide, not calf. i would say that these mall designer brands are not at the highest in terms of quality, but there are afew smaller, lesser-known brands which have superior quality. as for shoes, the high end italian shoes use a blake rapid stitch, typical of the italian style.however after checking out some of the higher end shoes gucci had to offer, i can honestly say less than 50% were constructed in this manner. i am not sure ifthey have diffusion lines, but i would sure hope so because i wouldn't want my glued shoes to be in the same line and price range as stitched ones. theleather quality was actually pretty good, although again most shoes had thinner leathers that had a propensity for unsightly creases in weird areas.

oh and some basic explanations of terms:
-calf = from baby cows
-cowhide = from normal cows
-blake = a type of shoe construction method, and is typical of sleek italian shoes

^^^ I'm not 100% sure but I don't think Gucci has a high-end line like Ferragamo's Tramezza line, or at least I haven't seen it. For dressshoes, I only purchase Gucci or Prada for the look and of course, when it's on sale.

After coming from Crocket and Green, all these designer shoes will definitely look and feel cheap. Time will come when I'll be bale to afford to wear thoseshoes on a daily basis but for now, when it comes to dress shoes, I'll stick with Ferragamo's and AE's. When they go on sale, you can't reallybeat that quality to price ratio.

As for sneakers, for the most part, Gucci and Prada are the only ones that offers' their own unique design and style. It's not really something you canfind anywhere else, except for Fila's recent disgusting rip-off the A-Cups.

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^ I'm not 100% sure but I don't think Gucci has a high-end line like Ferragamo's Tramezza line, or at least I haven't seen it. For dress shoes, I only purchase Gucci or Prada for the look and of course, when it's on sale.

After coming from Crocket and Green, all these designer shoes will definitely look and feel cheap. Time will come when I'll be bale to afford to wear those shoes on a daily basis but for now, when it comes to dress shoes, I'll stick with Ferragamo's and AE's. When they go on sale, you can't really beat that quality to price ratio.

As for sneakers, for the most part, Gucci and Prada are the only ones that offers' their own unique design and style. It's not really something you can find anywhere else, except for Fila's recent disgusting rip-off the A-Cups.

it's crockett and JONES
tongue.gif
actually, other than the handgrade line, the benchgrade C&J's are not THAT special. you can get them for about $350or so retail, and the handgrades for about $100 on top of that, which is comparable to gucci, ferragamo, etc. for the record, ferragamo tramezzas can be hadfor $300 or so at any given time, they populate the outlet stores. you know what AE's go for these days, but i would rather go for the outlet tramezzas and$450 handgrade C&J's, and the significantly improved $500 sale EG's (going on right now and again in june) than pay sale prices of $200 or whateverfor a pair of designer dress shoes. of course, if you like the designer style, then that's nothing anyone else can help you with, and is definitely a goodreason to stick to whatever brands you buy.
happy.gif

^^^ I know it's Crockett & Jones, I just did a shortcut of C&J and EG. Check out my post on the othe page, I mentioned those two brands. It thinkC&J is a notch better than Gucci. I don't know I just see them purely as a shoemaker so I always assumed they were better overall.

I wish I could find Tramezzas for that price but my feet is wide so most of the shoes they have on sale at the outlets does not fit me because most of the oneson sale are narrow. Thats why I have to go with AE's and regular Ferragamo's that go for $150-$200, especially when I need a rubber soled dress shoefor constant walking. Where are the EG's sale going on? I haven't visited StyleForum in a while to keep up with deals.

EG's are on sale at the UK stores - call in or email them to get a list of sale shoes in your size

Back
Top Bottom