Any Industrial Designers here on NT?

What school did you go to? How was finding a job? Any tips or advice for someone whose in school for it now? If this is in the wrong section sorry. 

My teachers son just graduated in industrial engineering. Not sure what school he went to (it was on Georgia) but he has a job right now. Where I work, my city is remaking the Huguenot bridge. It's like down the street from my workplace. Supposed to be done in 2013. So he found a job prettt quickly

I used to study industrial design here in Europe. I think job opportunities greatly differ in each point of the world, if you want to pursue an exact field, then you may have to move, i.e. sneaker design: Oregon; furniture: Italy maybe; car design detroit, NYC, Germany and so on. Pays good when working for a firm, if you decide to start your own business like always its hard first off, but if you have talent, then it's worth it.

Tips, draw as much as you can. Unfortunately it's very underrated, yet the amongst the most important parts of this job, regardless of 3D rendering or anything....

Ayyyyy ID graduate myself. Check out my portfolio www.coroflot.com/ktdnum1

It was kinda tricky finding a job for me, luckily I have a family business that is closely related to the field.
But make sure u never stop sketching. The more you sketch the better you get. I took a break and feel like Im
back at square 1
frown.gif

Im from CT by the way.

I was seriously considering transfering from Ai of Ft. Lauderdale to Ai of Oregon but my income isnt where it needs to be yet. I plan on making my way up there closer to my graduation date and trying to get a job with any type of shoe company. I feel like I should work in the industry before I try and start my own company but Ive definitely been dreaming of it. All of my professors say the same thing about sketching. Luckily Im pretty good with a pencil and I love drawing/sketching but drafting is the worst.

@Kareem dope portfolio I really need to get mine goin online.

Back
Top Bottom