Any news on the PS3 price drop?

what about 80 gb?
laugh.gif

about the 80gb, i'm not really sure if you need that or not because the 60gb can support backwards compatibility too right? you probably want an 80gb forthe space, but then my friend told me that you can just connect an external harddrive to the ps3 and it adds a lot more room for less. like $100 for 100gb orsomething. is that true? that way i won't need a 80gb.

Sony dumbness is mindboggling. I WAS a PS fan for the longest, but since they're only making the 40 GB now that have NO backwards compatability, I have noneed for a PS3

yes the 60 abd 80 have been discontinued but the 80 gb is coming back out in june with metal gear

I have 80 GB and I have used .5GB

So much room is pointless even with demos and stuff 80GB is OD

Originally Posted by Been Here

I've used around 20 gb w/ music and movies I've added onto it. It's alot better then watching the movies on the computer screen.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Sony dumbness is mindboggling. I WAS a PS fan for the longest, but since they're only making the 40 GB now that have NO backwards compatability, I have no need for a PS3
yeah, you need a ps2
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by knockboot36

not to hijack the thread but has anyone heard anything about a white ps3 dropping?

probably not, well, no word on it yet. you can ship from japan or just cop a black and bring it to color-ware to color it white.

Originally Posted by knockboot36

not to hijack the thread but has anyone heard anything about a white ps3 dropping?

ive read "rumors" that theyre waiting for major retailers to specifically clear out all of their spiderman ps3s (and not the regular black 40 w/oit) - anyone else hear this?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Sony dumbness is mindboggling. I WAS a PS fan for the longest, but since they're only making the 40 GB now that have NO backwards compatability, I have no need for a PS3

What was the sense of thinking about getting a PS3 then?

As for the price drop, this is an article I just google'd now...

January 22, 2008

Boston (dbTechno) - According to reports it seems that Sony is not very far away from dropping the price of the PS3 once again as many news sources are stating that it may not be very long before we see a $299 PS3 console.
The price drop which would bring the price of the PS3 down to $299 is expected to take place on January 28th, which would actually be just next Tuesday.

The news comes from postings at SlickDeals.net who specializes in posting latest price changes for hot electronic products.

They stated that a $299 price point for the PS3 is likely to take place on January 28th.

This place, SlickDeals, has been a reliable source for news lately as they posted news about the past two PS3 price drops as well as the Xbox 360 price drop just about before anyone else did.

This announcement comes as the Blu-ray format continues to pick up steam against the HD DVD format, and the PS3 also continues to pick up momentum.

It was just last week that it was revealed that costs to produce the PS3 are way down, so it would seem that this would be the perfect time for Sony to keep the momentum balll rolling with a $299 PS3 to further compete with the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.

http://www.dbtechno.com/gaming/2008/01/22/ps3-price-drop-on-the-way-again-299/

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Originally Posted by Been Here

I've used around 20 gb w/ music and movies I've added onto it. It's alot better then watching the movies on the computer screen.

Oh word!? I've watched a few youtube videos here and there on my PS3 but im tryna get some movies too. PM me if you any good sites where I can copsome movies.

Back
Top Bottom