Any Nissan 350Z owners? PROS and CONS? All opinions welcomed...thanks

I am looking for the pros and cons of the Nissan 350Z..I was hoping maybe some owners, or former owners ha insight on the car.
I was looking at the 2007 model, NON TOURING edition with a manual transmission..

thanks for any insight NT provides

Angel

I'm curious too
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Liquid Sword Chamber

i heard it has a nasty blind spot......

It sure does. Especially when you're backing out with that rear strut bar blocking the way.

You're not getting the GTR anymore? My friend had an 04 for a couple of years. I think it looks really good slammed on some aggressive offset wheelswith big lips. The con is that power is hard to make without f/i it. He had the JW Popcharger, throttle body, true dual catback, and I think headers and thegain was pretty minimal.

Definitely has a nasty blind spot. You can't see jack out of the rear 3/4 of the car. We had a 2007 Grand Touring for about 5 months until the belowhappened (drunk driver hit me on Christmas Eve of '07 and totaled it). I'd recommend it though, its a fun car that you can really toss into thecorners. I had a few mods, stiffer suspension/exhaust/headers out, and if I had to do it over again I would have just left it stock.

The only thing I didn't like about the lower trim levels were the seats. I found them pretty uncomfortable and wasn't a huge fan of the cloth. Otherthan that, I'd say go for it man.

c47156e59c7937980589f99dd019e94ffe33fb3.jpg

cb735d04e8bc94fc789733c79381453573cff2a.jpg

6e0356faeded9e927e5d3974965517b86038c8a.jpg

ed735025ed4b90427ba839c3993519550a72b7b.jpg

i also heard they were pretty hard to get any gains out of. i have seen a few turbo ones running around here but have never been able to talk to the owners soi have no idea on the gains.

Originally Posted by wj4

It sure does. Especially when you're backing out with that rear strut bar blocking the way.

You're not getting the GTR anymore? My friend had an 04 for a couple of years. I think it looks really good slammed on some aggressive offset wheels with big lips. The con is that power is hard to make without f/i it. He had the JW Popcharger, throttle body, true dual catback, and I think headers and the gain was pretty minimal.
Its not for me, its for my friend..he's looking for a new car, but wanted an STI which later turned into a 350z...we saw them today, so if he getsa 350z from the dealarship, it helps me to get my GTR..ya know?

f/i huh?

Angel

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by wj4

You're not getting the GTR anymore? My friend had an 04 for a couple of years. I think it looks really good slammed on some aggressive offset wheels with big lips. The con is that power is hard to make without f/i it. He had the JW Popcharger, throttle body, true dual catback, and I think headers and the gain was pretty minimal.
Its not for me, its for my friend..he's looking for a new car, but wanted an STI which later turned into a 350z...we saw them today, so if he gets a 350z from the dealarship, it helps me to get my GTR..ya know?

f/i huh?

Angel

Did you already run the GTR deal by the dealership? Even if the salesman agrees on it, ultimately the management can snake you on the deal. I think youshould try to hit up Cerritos Nissan..they're on my350z.com too I believe. I went to them when I was considering it before I went the Evo route. I wasbeasting for the Daytona Blue, lol.

If you're going to turbo it, it's going to be a monster for sure. But I don't know how strong the internals are or if you need to forge theinternals (due to possibly running high PSI).

My friend thought about turbo'ing it but decided to part way and go the Euro route instead.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by wj4

Its not for me, its for my friend..he's looking for a new car, but wanted an STI which later turned into a 350z...we saw them today, so if he gets a 350z from the dealarship, it helps me to get my GTR..ya know?

f/i huh?

Angel

Did you already run the GTR deal by the dealership? Even if the salesman agrees on it, ultimately the management can snake you on the deal. I think you should try to hit up Cerritos Nissan..they're on my350z.com too I believe. I went to them when I was considering it before I went the Evo route. I was beasting for the Daytona Blue, lol.

If you're going to turbo it, it's going to be a monster for sure. But I don't know how strong the internals are or if you need to forge the internals (due to possibly running high PSI).

My friend thought about turbo'ing it but decided to part way and go the Euro route instead.
yup, offered $100k, and the salesman said done deal , i was like
happy.gif
..then the manager said sorry, we can't do that...then i was like
frown.gif

Angel

i have on 06 base fun car. not as fast as the 07-08 but still a very fun car. yeah the car has a blind spot, but it really only affects you if suck at driving.some people will say its heavy it's just like any other car you just have to know how to control it. while its not a evo or sti its still fun. if yourfriend just wants straightline speed he should just get the sti. the z is not a straight speeder its an all around driving car. right now the only mod i haveis a popcharger. i plan on turboing it one day, unless i hit the lotto then im buying a gtr. check my350z.com for more info

nice car def fun...if I had the extra cash I would of got one...not anymore since it should be changing the body style soon anyways

my boy has one.......and i hate the damn seatbelts. seems like its always choking you. the car is pretty dope to cruise in tho

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

if you're willing to offer $100k on something, why get a 350z? there's countless other cars to choose from.

You misread his post. The 350z is for his boy. He wants to use this as a leverage to land him a GTR. He offered $100K to the same salesman that'sdealing with his boy's 350z. The salesman said OK, but management turned it down.

I always loved this car ... I got in it and wanted nothing to do with it.

Soon as I seen there was no power seats I got out.

Get the touring, grand touring, Nismo, or track model. The base and ethusiast are meh......no lsd, no leather, no HID's, Unless your getting a 06+. Ipersonally like the AP2 S2K's over the Z.

i drive an '06 black 350z with peanut leather. i love it. its my baby. just got it waxed today
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ViceXXXisFresh

420Z

This thing is so sick. It's custom and all but it shows where you can go with it.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Good pick, also my favorite out of all the owner-modded Zs that I've seen. Too clean...

i just coped the 08 n pearl about 2 months ago...
i would post pics but i dont kno how
anybody wanna help?

and yea there is a blind spot
but overall the car is real nice
and ur ({}) game will step up trust me

Back
Top Bottom