Any NTer got the sample black infrared VI? Need story, infos, pics, everything!

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by acekilla408

the samples are soooooooooooo much better...i always wonder why do the samples look sooo much better than what releases

2ltkdqf.gif

Stop.
Originally Posted by Sneak King

Originally Posted by eltouha

Originally Posted by mj234eva

and these og samples?
wow, i've never seen that pic before. thank god they changed it. the released version is infinitely better.
Definitely Better, but still an eye catcher to me. If I had a pair, they'd be on display for sure. Looks like a good conversation piece.

Co-Sign. OG style is way better. Not saying that some samples are horrible, but OG style > any sample, all day, any day. These OG samples give the VI amore Nike Air Structure look (which are amazing btw) with that extra toe cap. Given that the VI is one of the most unique AJ's (and my grails), I'mglad that they went with the final production version instead. It gave AJ's more uniqueness (since that was the trend for AJ's back then, providingrevolutionary and eye-popping sneakers) IMO. Besides, that toe cap would have never worked with MJ anyway.
laugh.gif

not only the toe cap, lookit them soles!

the OG IV sole are stunning. i love those lines, composition and colours.

Does anyone beside me realize that this sample is the first retro + with "nike air" ever!!!
Someone prove me wrong

Thanks everybody for all the informations. Thanks method man for your input!
So basically, how many were produced? Is it 12? 200? 4? 50? To have an idea?
So this is the kind of pair that you wouldn't sell thinking "oh well, I'll find another pair later"...

Honestly, the only thing I would've liked to see on the released version is the infared Nike logo on the back that the samples have.

grin.gif

So basically, how many were produced? Is it 12? 200? 4? 50? To have an idea?
So this is the kind of pair that you wouldn't sell thinking "oh well, I'll find another pair later"...
I wouldn't even take a stab at an estimate. You'll have at least one pair for each regional sales office, and I don't know what theinternational situation is with these.

Again, I don't think they're any more rare, in terms of production numbers, than other sales samples. However, those who own them know what they haveand typically hang on to them. So, they're not going to bounce around as often as a shoe that, while more scarce, isn't quite as meaningful - a shoethat's more hype than substance, for example.

I have no plans to sell them now or at any point in the future, but if that decision were ever made for whatever reason I'd assume that I'd never ownanother pair - but then I've never paid over $200 for a pair of sneakers.

Honestly, the only thing I would've liked to see on the released version is the infared Nike logo on the back that the samples have.
It's funny, I was - and am - so happy that they actually released the Infrared retros with CORRECT color blocking. Although hardly a perfectreproduction (they lack the silver backing visible through the perforated upper), I just wanted the shoe I remembered from my childhood. When I first sawthese samples, I referred to them as "butchered infrareds." It's a unique shoe, one I'm pleased to have in my collection, but if you couldonly have ONE I think - throwing "value" out the window, because a true collector could care less about resale - the true black/infrared VI is thebetter shoe. That's the shoe MJ wore to win his first championship. It's the genuine article and these samples are a terribly unfaithfulreproduction. The samples are an interesting part of Air Jordan history, but too often people seem enamored of the shoes they can't have as opposed tothe ones they can - and for that reason alone.

i like them. the OG sample toe cap ruins it for me. I saw a pair on ebay the auction ended early cuz nobody was putting up the $$$. They should have made thenike air infrared on the final production

Originally Posted by Method Man

It's the genuine article..
... but too often people seem enamored of the shoes they can't have as opposed to the ones they can - and for that reason alone.

Hey MethMan, what do ya think of the butchered sample with a nike logo?

Hey MethMan, what do ya think of the butchered sample with a nike logo?
That's the shoe I'm talking about - it does have Nike Air on the heel, just like the release pair, only the Nike Air appears in thatbright infrared color as opposed to black.

Method Man wrote:

but then I've never paid over $200 for a pair of sneakers.

that shall be influence to those who contemplate on spending 3,4, 500 bucks on shoes.

the HNIC hasnt spent over $200 on shoes...

Back
Top Bottom