Any NTer's American Express cardholders???

I just applied for the Gold Delta Sky Miles credit card from American Express to take the advantage of their reward program with Delta Airlines.

I was unaware of just how many different charge and credit cards American Express offered until I looked for the Delta America Express credit card. It seems as if it is a "fact" that American Express has the best reward programs out there for charge and credit cards.

What type of American Express credit card do you have and how often do you use your rewards?

I have Blue Cash Preferred 
6% cash back at supermarkets

3% at dept. stores and gas stations

1% everywhere else

American Express customer service 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I use my AMEX for EVERYTHING and pay it off right away to take advantage of the cash back

Originally Posted by StillIn729

1% everywhere else
whaaaaaa why have i had blue for the past 4 years!?!?!?!? just upgraded. good looks.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Have a Premier Rewards Gold Card. Thinking about upgrading to a platinum.

Same. Not sure if it's worth the $450, tho...

I have Blue Cash...didn't see the need to upgrade and pay an annual fee.

I use it for entertaining partners of my employer (CPA's, bankers, IA's, etc) I can take them to lunch/dinner, cater events, go to sporting events, etc and expense it at the end of the month. So not only do I get everything free, but I get cash back on top of it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I have Blue Cash...didn't see the need to upgrade and pay an annual fee.

I use it for entertaining partners of my employer (CPA's, bankers, IA's, etc) I can take them to lunch/dinner, cater events, go to sporting events, etc and expense it at the end of the month. So not only do I get everything free, but I get cash back on top of it
pimp.gif
the fee is only $75 a year and you pretty much double your cash back

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Yea that is the same thing I am struggling with but if you travel enough with the $200 airline credit it really doesnt make that card much more expensive

Also I like the triple points for airfare and 2X for gas groceries etc

I have a gold card. I never use my reward points, tho.
dunno, I know I need to. I just don't know what to do with them. Might take a trip.

I have the regular gold now, to upgrade to the preferred is it an auto thing or they re run my credit?

Originally Posted by StillIn729

1% everywhere else

American Express customer service 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I use my AMEX for EVERYTHING and pay it off right away to take advantage of the cash back
same thing here. use the cash back/rewards store to get my girls xmas gifts at the end of every year.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Yea that is the same thing I am struggling with but if you travel enough with the $200 airline credit it really doesnt make that card much more expensive

Also I like the triple points for airfare and 2X for gas groceries etc

Same here. My parents swear by their platinum cards. But aside from the travel perks I'm not too convinced yet

American Express: $25 Statement Credit with $100+ Purchase at Costco.com, $10 Statement Credit with $25+ Purchase at California Pizza Kitchen (Facebook Account Required)

Spend $100 or more and get $25 credit back by using your syncd card online at cotsco.com by 12/31/2012

I am not sure if this is valid in the store as well. Offer is available via the Facebook app.

https://apps.facebook.com/amexlinklikelove

Maybe a YMMV, since few folks are reporting not able to see this offer.

Fine Print:

Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if: (i) the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it; (ii) it is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party; or (iii) it is not made directly with the merchant. Program Terms and Conditions apply; see below for details. Click the 'Add to Card' button and use your synced American Express[emoji]174[/emoji] Card to redeem this offer today!

I've had the gold card for about 5 years. Great service, great rewards, I'm very happy with it, and try to use it as much as possible on necessities. Might as well get something back.

ive never gotten a credit card before but i want an amex, i hear its hard to qualify though, i can show i have $$ but i dont have much credit. how hard will it be for me to get one

Back
Top Bottom