Any NTers in or from Hong Kong?? What's good with this amazing city!?!

Wasup NT,
I just landed in HK for a summer internship and will be here for the next 30 days. Im staying in a highrise apartment right in the heart of the city of Hong Kong and just wondering if any of yall can help a fellow NTer out. I've never been here, I'm from Taiwan and go back often but never been to HK before, I speak mandarin but not cantonese. Im wondering if there are any NTers here that know whats good, or if you've been here, : Where are some good places to hit up, and more Importantly, Where can i find some good runs or courts to HOOP at!?!? Im use to hoopin everyday and i was hoping to find a place where people run regularly. Anything helps! PM me or respond to this thread! Thanks NT!

Wasup NT,
I just landed in HK for a summer internship and will be here for the next 30 days. Im staying in a highrise apartment right in the heart of the city of Hong Kong and just wondering if any of yall can help a fellow NTer out. I've never been here, I'm from Taiwan and go back often but never been to HK before, I speak mandarin but not cantonese. Im wondering if there are any NTers here that know whats good, or if you've been here, : Where are some good places to hit up, and more Importantly, Where can i find some good runs or courts to HOOP at!?!? Im use to hoopin everyday and i was hoping to find a place where people run regularly. Anything helps! PM me or respond to this thread! Thanks NT!

Dang, thought I was the only Taiwanese NTer
smokin.gif

TW > HK
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Fog Raw

smokin.gif

TW > HK
grin.gif
I never been to TW but HK is Nice, Just hate how crowded it is. Ya'll wanna fly this broke Taishan boy out to Taiwan, I never had Taiwan (()) 
ohwell.gif

smokin.gif

TW > HK
grin.gif
I never been to TW but HK is Nice, Just hate how crowded it is. Ya'll wanna fly this broke Taishan boy out to Taiwan, I never had Taiwan (()) 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HoisanDoiXHaze

smokin.gif

TW > HK
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
you're never going to get any when they find out where you're from. real talk.

TW is nice, HK is for the hustlers. You cant compare.

OP there's plenty of public courts, i'm sure you've come across some just outside some subway stations. just check the map or go online. they're everywhere just like NY ball parks.

smokin.gif

TW > HK
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

OP there's plenty of public courts, i'm sure you've come across some just outside some subway stations. just check the map or go online. they're everywhere just like NY ball parks.

you can have some decent runs at Victoria Park (HK side), its between Causeway Bay and Tin Hau subway station. 

where exactly are you living right right now?

you can have some decent runs at Victoria Park (HK side), its between Causeway Bay and Tin Hau subway station. 

we don't like your kind in HK.

g t f o asap.

nah serious though, if u aren't at least upper middle class u won't be able to afford a decent living space there. and if you're lookin for a good nightlife scene, check out LKF. lan kwai fong. tons of snobby british white bois lookin to start up fights though
laugh.gif
. but lot of cheap eats and fun places at LKF.

as far as hooping, good luck. hong kong folks suck at basketball. if u wanna shop go to Mong Kok. they got a lot of rare kicks in the mom and pop shops over there.

most folks in their 20's hang around TST, central district and kowloon.

HK has tons of nice beaches too. check out cheung chau and repulse bay right now, lots of cute girls hanging around the beaches.

we don't like your kind in HK.

g t f o asap.

nah serious though, if u aren't at least upper middle class u won't be able to afford a decent living space there. and if you're lookin for a good nightlife scene, check out LKF. lan kwai fong. tons of snobby british white bois lookin to start up fights though
laugh.gif
. but lot of cheap eats and fun places at LKF.

as far as hooping, good luck. hong kong folks suck at basketball. if u wanna shop go to Mong Kok. they got a lot of rare kicks in the mom and pop shops over there.

most folks in their 20's hang around TST, central district and kowloon.

HK has tons of nice beaches too. check out cheung chau and repulse bay right now, lots of cute girls hanging around the beaches.

Originally Posted by Sixfoot nathan

smokin.gif

TW > HK
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
 toishan ppl are like the red neck of the chinese.. and try kowloon for a good run.. but am not entirely sure where u live so there might be closer places for u.. 

Originally Posted by Sixfoot nathan

smokin.gif

TW > HK
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
 toishan ppl are like the red neck of the chinese.. and try kowloon for a good run.. but am not entirely sure where u live so there might be closer places for u.. 

long kwai fong and wan chai are the places to go for night life. make sure you make it to "sneaker street" while you're there. there's a sticky in the Philippines thread about shoe spots over there. HK is a blast...shoe shopping during the day and women/drinking at night.
devil.gif
never played ball over there, but have seen a bunch of outdoor courts.

long kwai fong and wan chai are the places to go for night life. make sure you make it to "sneaker street" while you're there. there's a sticky in the Philippines thread about shoe spots over there. HK is a blast...shoe shopping during the day and women/drinking at night.
devil.gif
never played ball over there, but have seen a bunch of outdoor courts.

Thanks for the replies, I just got off work. Im staying in Taikoo Shing Zhong Shen next to City Plaza, My internships at Hua Nan Bank in Wan Zai in a highrise tower right next to the Exhibition Center. I strolled around a bit for lunch today and found a nice court right outside the Wan Zai station, its four courts actually with a clay soccer field adjacent to it. I watched for a bit and what poster said above was true, these cats are WEAK! hahah watching them play just made me cringe, people here are physically big size n height wise but don't even utilize it in their game, scared of contact and never bang in the paint smh. even the "best" players out there look just goofy when they play, but they think they got swag so it was funny to watch
laugh.gif
Im goin to pack my gear tomorrow so I can get in some runs after work. Seen some pretty cute girls and its nice to see a wide variety of nationalities here. Damn crowded is right and wth is with this heat wave, i swear it gets hotter the later it gets in the night and muggier as the day progresses too. Any of yall actually here in HK or TW? I'll be headin back to TW early August for a week or two so PM me if any of yall will be here or there. Thanks for all the advice! This place is pretty breath taking but realtalk this heat is just silly...

Thanks for the replies, I just got off work. Im staying in Taikoo Shing Zhong Shen next to City Plaza, My internships at Hua Nan Bank in Wan Zai in a highrise tower right next to the Exhibition Center. I strolled around a bit for lunch today and found a nice court right outside the Wan Zai station, its four courts actually with a clay soccer field adjacent to it. I watched for a bit and what poster said above was true, these cats are WEAK! hahah watching them play just made me cringe, people here are physically big size n height wise but don't even utilize it in their game, scared of contact and never bang in the paint smh. even the "best" players out there look just goofy when they play, but they think they got swag so it was funny to watch
laugh.gif
Im goin to pack my gear tomorrow so I can get in some runs after work. Seen some pretty cute girls and its nice to see a wide variety of nationalities here. Damn crowded is right and wth is with this heat wave, i swear it gets hotter the later it gets in the night and muggier as the day progresses too. Any of yall actually here in HK or TW? I'll be headin back to TW early August for a week or two so PM me if any of yall will be here or there. Thanks for all the advice! This place is pretty breath taking but realtalk this heat is just silly...

^ im tellin u, hong kong is like the NYC asia, cats don't know what they've been missing. i can't believe your internship is next to the exhibition center, that is one nice area. if u have to wear a suit everyday, i feel for you since it's humid as hell in the summer. if u can, check out the shopping in the ifc tower.

have u been to causeway bay or wanchai yet?

the stereotypes r pretty true... the main sports in hong kong r badminton and swimming. it's all about the finesse over there
laugh.gif

^ im tellin u, hong kong is like the NYC asia, cats don't know what they've been missing. i can't believe your internship is next to the exhibition center, that is one nice area. if u have to wear a suit everyday, i feel for you since it's humid as hell in the summer. if u can, check out the shopping in the ifc tower.

have u been to causeway bay or wanchai yet?

the stereotypes r pretty true... the main sports in hong kong r badminton and swimming. it's all about the finesse over there
laugh.gif

oh and another thing about hong kong... once u move or visit, you'd never wanna leave. there's a fine diversity of women, hot local and foreign all around especially european women italian and british women who come to hong kong for work and live there permanently. and most of em all DIG the yellow man. so get it in over there while u can
laugh.gif

check out ocean park too btw

Back
Top Bottom