Any of yall just take random trips/ travel by yourself?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I've begun to. That one NTer traveling around America got me thinking planning one myself and then rest of the world.

Any updates with him?

i do now, usually when in a group it slows the whole trip down. plus when you find that your friends are cheapskates/moochers
eek.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

I travel alone all the time. I stay with a friend where I'm going, but barely hang out with them. I just need a place to crash and I'm good.

Can any of y'all add some insight on the expenses during these trips? Like how many nights you stayed for, costs, etc.

Thinking about doing this next summer.

Originally Posted by Jehul

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

This year so far
Paris

Londres

Spain

Italy

Jamaica

all alone.. Met some pretty amazing people throughout all the trips, and built a lot of friendships with people that have the same interests as I do. Maybe I am a different breed, but there isn't too many places in this world that i wouldn't go alone. Traveling is better done alone or like said before, w/ people that have the same interest, budgets etc.. With couchsurfing and hostel hopping, it isn't hard at all to meet people on the road. One of my worst trips was in Italy, when I went with a female acquaintance, she was on a different budget (not her money), she had little to no interests in anything other than $30 euro meals, and napping and other "affluent" bs.. 
laugh.gif
 I'll never make that mistake again.

haha, that's dope
pimp.gif
that sounds awesome
you shouldve made a thread or something (srs)

I love travel all by myself. So much things to do without any constraints whatsoever. I'm a photographer so it allows me to literally do whatever what I want to do when I'm by myself. 
In last 2-3 years, I've went to...

Stockholm

Paris (twice)

Lisbon

Rome 

and Las Vegas 
laugh.gif

I was in Rome earlier this year for about a month, all by myself. Had my own pad and everything. It was nothing special but had a bathroom and a bed which was all that I needed anyway. Once you get to do it first time regardless the destination, it just makes it whole lot easier second time around. 

I've been thinkin about doin this. Soooo hard to get ppl who are down to go on trips.

The only time that I've traveled alone was when I was in Thailand after my study abroad group left. Explored Bangkok alone. One of the most dangerous but adventurous things I've ever done.

I could if it were like an objective trip. Like.. If I went out on a photography excursion... I need to do that in my own city first...

I say go for it...haven't done that in awhile but I was talking to this girl about it the other day, and you know girls love to travel.

So I was telling her abt how like yall I wanna go places but my friends have no initiative, and she gave me the best answer.

When your friends act funny about traveling, next time instead of bringing the idea to them, go by yourself and SHOW THEM THE PICTURES when you get back. Classic

done it plenty of times. doin it tomorrow, going to baltimore for the 49ers game. if you like spending time alone it's fun, but it ain't for everybody.

Talbert

Originally Posted by IsTaYrOcKInJs

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'd like to but it doesn't seem like a safe thing to do

QFT

No one will know if you're alone unless you tell them.
I haven't done it but I'm gonna have to start because my friends/associates always cry broke when I mention taking trips
eyes.gif

I desperately desperately want to spend a month or two in Thailand this summer living in a hut on the beach and learning to surf and doing some self discovery. I'd like to stay on one of the islands and do maybe a weekend excursion or two to do some exploring.

Rushing from city to city to see everything at once doesn't really appeal to me. Travelling for me would be about finding myself and having some time to think.

Unfortunately for me, both boyfriend and dad have laid down the low and absolutely won't let me go alone. But I can't find anyone who wants to go with me and do something similar to what I want

I sometimes stroll around Manhattan by myself. Once I finish school and start working I would like to go visit the various major cities in the U.S. When you're by yourself you meet some people and see some things that you would not normally see if you were with company.

Back
Top Bottom