any one feel da term "sneaker head" is a pejorative? vol. Dont call me that PLZ

everyone knows in my hood im swimming in kicks, but as soon as they ask me "yo are you a sneaker head?" i vehemently decline that assertion...

i feel da term "sneaker head" as taken on a radical complexion to describe those bums that sleep on da streets for weeks to cop w/e is da latest hyped up piece of rubber from NIKE...

while i do have a attraction to kicks, there's no way i wanna be associated with that fringe group of cats i see on youtube, nerding it what i used to considered as part of my overall persona, NOT what defines me.

Being called a "money head " >>>>> sneaker head...

I wish I was associated with being guaped up than having a bunch of damb Jordan's that will release again in three years.

Wish I could take all these things back and put a down payment for da HEMI ...

Last edited:
yo seriously, those youtube guise need to quit.. I reported most of them,

as for the term, it irks me to even hear it & truly gets me sad with a lot of SMH.

:rolleyes

Doesn't really bother me...but I can understand some folks having a problem with that word

Whether you're dabbling crack in your own corner office of a Fortune 500 company in a 3-piece suit or you're smoking that crack pipe with the money earned hawking tees and toilet paper out a shopping cart in the streets of Baltimore, you are still a crackhead.

To be fair, ninjahood, you are tiptoeing the line seperating you from that fringe group.

Im just an ordinary dude that likes fly ****

''sneakerheads'' are in the same boat hypebeast were 3 years ago

Being called a "money head " >>>>> sneaker head...

I wish I was associated with being guaped up than having a bunch of damb Jordan's that will release again in three years.

Wish I could take all these things back and put a down payment for da HEMI ...
plenty..and i mean PLENTY folks ask if i would ever just trade everything i have for a V..i tell em naw considering it took my years to amass this mountain of footwear,

and i always looked at cats that had whips but was rockin white tees w/ da mean bacon neck and cooked uptowns wit da "man, son barely holding on wit that car"

NYC is a unique city where you dont NEED a car, but you sure as hell would want one, and up until recently i aint really need one or want one, but im at a point where coppin kicks feels more like a tax of doing other things

then a actual commodity.

besides, spent money is spent money.  but yea, this new era of thirst of QUIET da turn off.

I just say I'm a guy that likes shoes.

You wont find me lined up for 10 hours in the cold for some shoes. But I'll get them if I want them.

I don't like being called a "sneakerhead" because I only buy what I like...

Most so called "sneakerheads" only buy stuff other people like so they can turn dude's necks :lol:

I just dont like the term because to me it kinda means a collector, and while I do buy tons of shoes, by no means am I collecting them. I just like to wear a variety of things

is called growing out of it....i grew up loving the sneaker culture, loving my hood, being proud of the BX....but eventually i outgrew all that **** too....the only thing that still lingers from what i liked growing up is kicks, but I HATE the term "sneakerhead" however i cant be mad at the average joe for labeling me one and grouping me with the bums hat spend weeks on a sidewalk having the same corny convo about "yooooo i member i had them Jays fam, im a veteran at this, blah blah blah" for like 8 days straight....but tbh i think you have bigger things to worry about, vie always thought you portrayed the personality of a dude who's world is wayyyyy too small (no pun intended) and never see you portray any type of ambition.....so content with where you are living, with knowing about cars but not owning one...with claiming da heights as if it was the most prestigious neighborhood in NY....i dunno maybe im reading too deep into your e-character.

Im just an ordinary dude that likes fly ****
thats how i be feeling, but since im da type of cat that can't stand frontin dojas i always do my homework on whateva im into, be it cars, music, clothes, kicks, electronics, etc.

so i know my issh when it comes to da logistics and #s regarding what product go for in da kick world, whats fake, whats real, whats legit heat, whats manufactured hyped, etc. but

i know it just to pretty much protect myself when i spend my money, not really to geek cats out with it...
Whether you're dabbling crack in your own corner office of a Fortune 500 company in a 3-piece suit or you're smoking that crack pipe with the money earned hawking tees and toilet paper out a shopping cart in the streets of Baltimore, you are still a crackhead.

To be fair, ninjahood, you are tiptoeing the line seperating you from that fringe group.
thats a fair assessment, and i wrestle with that all da time...but i know since day one i've always told myself "no piece of footwear is ever worth sleeping on da streets over" i dont care what it is.

i guess da difference that i know you can spot it out is "why are you doing this?" me for example is hopelessly a 80's baby and look at as a retail prison with walls cemented in nostalgia..which puzzles me more when a dude a

decade younger then me decides he wants to spend a exorbitant amount of cake on kicks, i cringe..i tell da kids all da time around my way "yo son, dont be like me..coppin and hoarding kicks is foolsgold" and they look at me crazy.

thats how i be feeling, but since im da type of cat that can't stand frontin dojas i always do my homework on whateva im into, be it cars, music, clothes, kicks, electronics, etc.

so i know my issh when it comes to da logistics and #s regarding what product go for in da kick world, whats fake, whats real, whats legit heat, whats manufactured hyped, etc. but

i know it just to pretty much protect myself when i spend my money, not really to geek cats out with it...

thats a fair assessment, and i wrestle with that all da time...but i know since day one i've always told myself "no piece of footwear is ever worth sleeping on da streets over" i dont care what it is.

i guess da difference that i know you can spot it out is "why are you doing this?" me for example is hopelessly a 80's baby and look at as a retail prison with walls cemented in nostalgia..which puzzles me more when a dude a

decade younger then me decides he wants to spend a exorbitant amount of cake on kicks, i cringe..i tell da kids all da time around my way "yo son, dont be like me..coppin and hoarding kicks is foolsgold" and they look at me crazy.

seems like a waste of knowledge to me, like what are the gains of having infinite knowledge on music if you are not in the music industry?, knowledge of cars if you are not making money fixing them, selling them, or at least riding in them?, infinite knowledge about kicks if all you are doing like you just stated is HOARDING...like if we all sit down and think about it and im fully guilty of this myself, we only have one pair of feet....i have kicks in my closet vie only worn once....i barely have time to even wear the kicks i got and what i own is probably 10% of what you own....we gotta do better :lol:

seems like a waste of knowledge to me, like what are the gains of having infinite knowledge on music if you are not in the music industry?, knowledge of cars if you are not making money fixing them, selling them, or at least riding in them?, infinite knowledge about kicks if all you are doing like you just stated is HOARDING...like if we all sit down and think about it and im fully guilty of this myself, we only have one pair of feet....i have kicks in my closet vie only worn once....i barely have time to even wear the kicks i got and what i own is probably 10% of what you own....we gotta do better
laugh.gif
knowledge is power b.

nothing comes outta my mouth without me knowing what im talking about, that just in general, could be a libra thing, but i ALWAYS hated when i would speak to someone about anything and i could tell they was BSing thru da whole conversation....

like i would be like "son front wheel drive cars aren't as good as rear wheel drive cars because of torque steer, and a celing on overall power in regards to torque, towing capacity, and overall horsepower" and they'll nod their heads...next thing i ask em is

"ummm...did you understand what i just said? do you even know what torque steer is?" and they give me this look.... "no
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
"

makes me wonder how non informed is da average person about anything these days....

your a sneakerhead. just cause you not one of these new ****** spending hours in line for a release doesn't mean your not a sneakerhead it means you have good connects..

ol in denial *** dudes :smh:

acceptance is the first step to improvement BRO

Last edited:
I personally take it as a compliment. I don't see a sneakerhead as someone who just cops all the new releases because it's the cool thing to do. I see a sneakerhead as someone who has a true appreciation of them. Who can appreciate the rich history and the technology behind it. Someone who can appreciate the craftsmanship and art. Shoot, I don't have the best collection nor do I have 50+ pairs. But I have acquired a vast amount of knowledge about sneakers themselves over the years which in turn has enabled me to appreciate them more. "Driven from Within" is still one of my favorite books to date

knowledge is power b.

nothing comes outta my mouth without me knowing what im talking about, that just in general, could be a libra thing, but i ALWAYS hated when i would speak to someone about anything and i could tell they was BSing thru da whole conversation....

like i would be like "son front wheel drive cars aren't as good as rear wheel drive cars because of torque steer, and a celing on overall power in regards to torque, towing capacity, and overall horsepower" and they'll nod their heads...next thing i ask em is

"ummm...did you understand what i just said? do you even know what torque steer is?" and they give me this look.... "no :lol: :\ "

makes me wonder how non informed is da average person about anything these days....

i feel you, so why not go build a car, be a mechanic, are you a mechanic?....i swear bro, you remind me of this dude i knew growing up in my hood, he was like our idol, my man would school us on all types of ****, morals, women, sports, games, back then we thought he was the **** and had unlimited wisdom, but now that im a grown man...i see the sadness of the situation, my dude lived in a bubble all his life, never moved on, went from schooling us, to "trying" to relate to the next generation, he's about 10 years older than me.....way off topic... :rofl:

just don't waste your potential fam..

as far as the topic, don't be bothered by the term sneakerhead, "we" understand each other because we are part of the same culture and this online community, don't expect your boys from the block to understand though.....to them you are just that, another sneakerhead.

seems like a waste of knowledge to me, like what are the gains of having infinite knowledge on music if you are not in the music industry?, knowledge of cars if you are not making money fixing them, selling them, or at least riding in them?

That was cold man :smh: lol

But theres nothing wrong with having knowledge for all those things. Even though he's not currently working in any of those fields, you never know what doors might open up in the future.

But this younger generation doesn't have the same passion for sneakers as us 80's baby had. They buy whatever the consensus say is popular, we actually loved the shoes.

Im from the era where we identified Jordans by their colors. These kids nowadays are ready to publicly lynch celebs because they cant identify with the name concord or raptor or grape. And we wore our kicks until our moms made us stop wearing them because they were too busted. Then we just threw them on the electrical wire to admire them everyday.

leave me outta that sneakerhead ****---im just a ***** that buy shoes and wear em. if i like em, i buy em---cant get em? i'll cop something else. long as i get some new joints when i wanna switch it up

Back
Top Bottom