any one feel da term "sneaker head" is a pejorative? vol. Dont call me that PLZ

You don't define whether or not you are a sneaker head. To the average human, all of you are nerds that spend too much time/effort on shoes. That is what they think. They don't care about you not being one of the campers or not. To them, you all are the same.

Alonzo .gif

A lot of cards being pulled in here 
nerd.gif

Thought I was the only one who wondered why people said they could care less when referring to something they don't care about​

If you could care less, then that means you at least care a little, right?​
they're usually misusing the phrase.

Last edited:
You don't define whether or not you are a sneaker head. To the average human, all of you are nerds that spend too much time/effort on shoes. That is what they think. They don't care about you not being one of the campers or not. To them, you all are the same.
I define myself as a choose i don't care sour a society where men have been turned into pretty much kidults who can't even decide what to wear by themselves .

I define myself as a choose i don't care sour a society where men have been turned into pretty much kidults who can't even decide what to wear by themselves .

There are some good points being made in this thread, but this one resonated with me the most and its why I don't consider myself a sneakerhead.
sneakerhead always carried a negative connotation to me though, as far back as i can remember but i couldn't put a finger on it....till one day i went to a sneaker event (think it was lebron chamber of fear release) to see what da temperture was..i aint

really like da air force I's but i wanted to see how deep da sneaker culture rabbit hole went..went i left da event i left with a bad taste in my mouth...da thirst, da politics, da *** kissin, da i see you, you see me, da lack of women, had this

whole star trek convention aura..it was like "yo i did not sign up for this" so i knew where i fell on da ideological position with da kicks and where to draw da line.
I consider myself someone who likes sneakers, but only casually. I probably have five pairs of kicks that would be considered heat and I buy what I like which isn't much nowadays (only bought two shoes this year). The sneaker culture has always been odd to me and the last couple of years has shown me how much the culture blows regardless of how influential it has become.

everyone knows in my hood im swimming in kicks, but as soon as they ask me "yo are you a sneaker head?" i vehemently decline that assertion...

id just say yeah.

we was doing it before the "mantle" was common, well be doing it after......so my reasoning is i embody the term in any period of time regardless of the connotation thats attached to it....

order will soon be restored.

everyone knows in my hood im swimming in kicks, but as soon as they ask me "yo are you a sneaker head?" i vehemently decline that assertion...

id just say yeah.

we was doing it before the "mantle" was common, well be doing it after......so my reasoning is i embody the term in any period of time regardless of the connotation thats attached to it....

order will soon be restored.

idk about this :rolleyes

04-09 >>

i feel da term "sneaker head" as taken on a radical complexion to describe those bums that sleep on da streets for weeks to cop w/e is da latest hyped up piece of rubber from NIKE...

while i do have a attraction to kicks, there's no way i wanna be associated with that fringe group of cats i see on youtube, nerding it what i used to considered as part of my overall persona, NOT what defines me.

Respect Ninjahood. I think we bump heads on some topics, but I find myself wholeheartedly agreeing with you on a lot of what you say.

Yo, I find this pretty funny, but I doubt that the people who cant figure out the difference between "I could care less" and "I couldn't care less" will even be able to understand that graph. Not pointing any fingers right here because I know sometimes people make careless mistakes, but I'm just saying.

That makes the pic pure comedy.

Back
Top Bottom