Any other non-Mavs fan want to see the Mavericks win it all this season?

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

I doubt it. The majority of America hate Dirk and the Mavs...not on NT but I'm sure a lot of casual fans probably would rather see LeBron win it all vs. the Mavs. In fact, I really don't think the hate for LeBron and the Heat is as strong as people think.
I think you got that backwards.
Nah in general...I'm talking about casual sports fans who probably don't even follow the NBA much but will tune in for the Finals. There will be a lot of bandwagon Heat fans (even more so than before). The Mavs aren't really a team that attracts casual fans despite having Dirk. Obviously in S&T the attitude might be different since most of us have been a fan for years but the average Joe living in Iowa ain't gonna be cheering for the Mavs over the Heat or Bulls
laugh.gif

Agree with pretty much everything you said except I don't really like Cuban that much. I like how competitive he is and how he'll do anything to win, but his personality is kinda douchey and his face is really annoying
laugh.gif
It's not to the point where I want to see him fail or anything though.

I'd really like to see J-Kidd and Dirk finally get a ring. Two of the better players of this generation and both are ringless.

If the Heat make it to the Finals and the Mavs end up winning, if I'm dirk I'm going right up to Dwyane Wade like

X-Pac.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Agree with pretty much everything you said except I don't really like Cuban that much. I like how competitive he is and how he'll do anything to win, but his personality is kinda douchey and his face is really annoying
laugh.gif
It's not to the point where I want to see him fail or anything though.

I'd really like to see J-Kidd and Dirk finally get a ring. Two of the better players of this generation and both are ringless.

If the Heat make it to the Finals and the Mavs end up winning, if I'm dirk I'm going right up to Dwyane Wade like

X-Pac.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

subtle "i hope bosh doesnt get a ring" thread
Actually as much as I dislike that shirley temple drinking sissy I want to see LeBron win multiple rings. I think its inevitable the Heat will win atleast 2 rings in the coming 5-6 years but they have time on their side where as this Mavs team might not come this close again.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

subtle "i hope bosh doesnt get a ring" thread
Actually as much as I dislike that shirley temple drinking sissy I want to see LeBron win multiple rings. I think its inevitable the Heat will win atleast 2 rings in the coming 5-6 years but they have time on their side where as this Mavs team might not come this close again.

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

I doubt it. The majority of America hate Dirk and the Mavs...not on NT but I'm sure a lot of casual fans probably would rather see LeBron win it all vs. the Mavs. In fact, I really don't think the hate for LeBron and the Heat is as strong as people think.
I think you got that backwards.
Nah in general...I'm talking about casual sports fans who probably don't even follow the NBA much but will tune in for the Finals. There will be a lot of bandwagon Heat fans (even more so than before). The Mavs aren't really a team that attracts casual fans despite having Dirk. Obviously in S&T the attitude might be different since most of us have been a fan for years but the average Joe living in Iowa ain't gonna be cheering for the Mavs over the Heat or Bulls
laugh.gif

I want Dirk to finaly get a ring this year, so he'll stop being disrespected by know-nothing fans. 

Go Mavs!

I want Dirk to finaly get a ring this year, so he'll stop being disrespected by know-nothing fans. 

Go Mavs!

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I dont really care about the Mavericks but it'd be nice to see Dirk, Kidd, Marion, etc win a ring. Then you have a guy like Rick Carlisle that has been a good coach his entire career and was screwed out of winning with a Pistons team he helped build. Finally you have Mark Cuban who is one of the best owners in all of sports. The Bulls/Heat have time on their sides so I think they should do what's right and let this aging group of misfits finish this season on a high note
pimp.gif
Ditto.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I dont really care about the Mavericks but it'd be nice to see Dirk, Kidd, Marion, etc win a ring. Then you have a guy like Rick Carlisle that has been a good coach his entire career and was screwed out of winning with a Pistons team he helped build. Finally you have Mark Cuban who is one of the best owners in all of sports. The Bulls/Heat have time on their sides so I think they should do what's right and let this aging group of misfits finish this season on a high note
pimp.gif
Ditto.

Nope because the Dirk hype is going to go past hyperbole.

Announcers are now saying things like "that's a Dirk shot" when Durant or others shoot.

Dirk is a great offensive scorer but in my eyes a glorified role player. He can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass, doesn't make his teammates better, only shoot.

Announcers are now saying things like "that's a Dirk shot" when Durant or others shoot.

Dirk is a great offensive scorer but in my eyes a glorified role player. He can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass, doesn't make his teammates better, only shoot.

Not really. Wanted them to annihilate LA & they did. Anything after that doesn't matter to me, but I would prefer one of the teams out EAST to win.

PO

Originally Posted by EvansST

30t6p3b.gif

What are you watching out there?

Originally Posted by EvansST

30t6p3b.gif

What are you watching out there?

Not really. Wanted them to annihilate LA & they did. Anything after that doesn't matter to me, but I would prefer one of the teams out EAST to win.

PO

Considering my favorite player is Patrick Ewing... I know what not winning a championship does to a career when people judge and rank it... so I'd like to see Dirk and Kidd get their ring so they don't get unfairly separated from those who have won.

Then again I'm a Lebron fan, so I'd love to see him get his... plus to silence all of the criticism would be great to see.

Back
Top Bottom