Any paint chipping issues with CDP 3s?

HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BACK UP OUR 01 PAIRS?!! CDP's suck *#%.

I rock my fire red iii's like it's nothing and they hold up like tanks.

i think it's just hit and miss these days. i've been hearing a lot about how people's 3s aren't creasing a ton or crack, but other people arehaving problems. i think it's just chance whether or not your shoes are gonna hold up so you're taking a small risk. it's kinda sad though becausepeople's vintage retros get paint cracks and fall apart etc... but now we get these brand new shoes with high hopes about not worrying about that stuffanymore and the shoes aren't even the same shape and now they're cracking?? pretty disappointing...

eventually it's gonna happen. But I'll get it touched up at my local shoe wash store and they did a good job on the chipping on my spiz'ikes

my condolences. but if you don't mind me asking, what size shoe are you and how much do you weigh? i wear a size 9-9.5, but depending on the shoe my9.5's look a lil too bulky on me and i end up sizing down to a 9. the paint on my aqua viii's have begun to crack and i'm scared that it may be dueto me be 190 and rocking size 9's.

I wanted the 3's when they dropped so I could keep my 01's DS but I really wasnt feelin those 20's. Coppin em seperately sounds like a good optionthough.

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

Originally Posted by 23edge

I've worn mine all day and they seem to have held up.... I think the CDP III's were made really well and will be one of those shoes that in the future people will say were made well. I also love how thick the leather is.
Before you do decide to purchase a second pair i've been wearing mine on the daily maybe 1ce or twice a week.. and i do some walking from class but not hiking or anything.. Been wearing it for the past 3 months and when i was on vacation i noticed it was cracking.. Horrible JB quality. Took close up pics for you to see but in person its a lot worse.. I'm probably going to send it into nike so i can get a voucher but im not sure if i need to send the 20s back with them.. i rather have 310 voucher than the chipped shoes. I have another ds pair but i doubt i'll ever wear that pair. n... before anyone calls me a fatass i only weigh 140

I wore mines about 7-10 times. lightly and the same thing is happening to mines

Originally Posted by NJstress03

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

Originally Posted by 23edge

I've worn mine all day and they seem to have held up.... I think the CDP III's were made really well and will be one of those shoes that in the future people will say were made well. I also love how thick the leather is.
Before you do decide to purchase a second pair i've been wearing mine on the daily maybe 1ce or twice a week.. and i do some walking from class but not hiking or anything.. Been wearing it for the past 3 months and when i was on vacation i noticed it was cracking.. Horrible JB quality. Took close up pics for you to see but in person its a lot worse.. I'm probably going to send it into nike so i can get a voucher but im not sure if i need to send the 20s back with them.. i rather have 310 voucher than the chipped shoes. I have another ds pair but i doubt i'll ever wear that pair. n... before anyone calls me a fatass i only weigh 140

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
ive worn mine casually about 1-3 times a week since release date and mine have similar chipping. not quite as bad, but similar.

its not big deal though, you cant even notice unless i take the shoe off and show you.

if they get too bad, you can always just repaint em.

but I am happy with mine.

why deal with the repainting when they couldve gotten it done right the first time?

the bottom sole on the right shoe, where the "JORDAN" is, there is some paint chipping around that logo

sad s**t

s_dubl, Im on the same boat as you man. I really dig the Black Cement III's and the price for 01's is just way out of reach for me (shoes are shoesman, im not baller enough to toss an arm and leg for those), so it's only logical to consider the CDP III's, but the quality I have to say is just pisspoor. The leather on the CDP has just downgraded from what was used on the 01's, and the quality of the CDP's in general are just sub-par. So it'ssafe to assume that paint-chipping will be just as likely as with the previous batch of III's (Fire Red/Flip etc.).

FYI, my pair of Jordan III Flip's which I've worn casually for walking here and there, have paint chipping all over the effin midsole on both the outerand inner sides. From that experience, I've totally lost faith in any shoes that Nike/JB puts out with the Jordan III/Air Revolution sole. I expect thesame to happen on the new Air Yeezy's. It's sad though cuz the III's are so dope yet I can't stand them looking the hideous things that theyare when there's crack lines all over the midsole.

I know this thread is about the CDP III's but just wanted to share with everyone else the extent of paint chipping that can happen on other III's withother fellow NTers who are unknown to this problem.

My Flips.

c.jpg

e.jpg

d.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

Kingcrux31's pair.

img8280.jpg

Back
Top Bottom