Any political science students on NT?

after 5 years i'm finally graduating with my degree in political science. and i'm just wondering if there are any other NT'ers that are political science majors or have graduated with that degree.

what do you plan on doing with your degree or what have you done with it?

after 5 years i'm finally graduating with my degree in political science. and i'm just wondering if there are any other NT'ers that are political science majors or have graduated with that degree.

what do you plan on doing with your degree or what have you done with it?

GW c/o 2010...I interned on Capitol hill with a member of the House and worked in a law firm working on client Congressional affairs for clients.

Now I work as a legislative researcher for an information services company.

If you want to do something with politics, go to DC or your state capital.Not so say those are the only places that have markets for it, but DC has the most opportunities with that. 

GW c/o 2010...I interned on Capitol hill with a member of the House and worked in a law firm working on client Congressional affairs for clients.

Now I work as a legislative researcher for an information services company.

If you want to do something with politics, go to DC or your state capital.Not so say those are the only places that have markets for it, but DC has the most opportunities with that. 

i'm in nyc and interning for a state assemblyman and its making me hate NYC politics. my actual dream job is writing for the daily show or working at cnn or msnbc or something along those lines 

i'm in nyc and interning for a state assemblyman and its making me hate NYC politics. my actual dream job is writing for the daily show or working at cnn or msnbc or something along those lines 

I did my master in political science focusing on public policy and international relation, since a BA in Political science is not worth much. I work as a policy analysis in Canada.

I did my master in political science focusing on public policy and international relation, since a BA in Political science is not worth much. I work as a policy analysis in Canada.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

any tips for current undergrads?
Law school.

A past professor of mine who is now a DA for the county the school was in pretty much said there isn't anything else you can do with. Most people I know with Poli Sci degrees have either gone the law route or they are currently working in politics whether it be city, state or in DC.

Law school.

A past professor of mine who is now a DA for the county the school was in pretty much said there isn't anything else you can do with. Most people I know with Poli Sci degrees have either gone the law route or they are currently working in politics whether it be city, state or in DC.

Originally Posted by Furrell

Law school.

Agree

Law or the public sector. There are a few jobs in the private sector (such as researcher) but they will pay you peanuts

Law school.

Agree

Law or the public sector. There are a few jobs in the private sector (such as researcher) but they will pay you peanuts

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Law school.

Agree

It depends on what you do in the private sector. I know many former Capitol Hill staffers that are making a lot of money in government affairs and lobbying. You are right though, many lobbyists have their JD.

I work for an information services company and my while my pay isn't great, it certainly isn't bad for my first job out of college. I wouldn't stay here for more than a few years because I'd like to move into policy analysis. The atmosphere is very academic, which im not a very big fan of.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Law school.

Agree

It depends on what you do in the private sector. I know many former Capitol Hill staffers that are making a lot of money in government affairs and lobbying. You are right though, many lobbyists have their JD.

I work for an information services company and my while my pay isn't great, it certainly isn't bad for my first job out of college. I wouldn't stay here for more than a few years because I'd like to move into policy analysis. The atmosphere is very academic, which im not a very big fan of.

Back
Top Bottom