ANY PSYCHOLOGY MAJORS?

how yall doin? U workin?What type of psych u doin/ intrested in?Geez I hope this thread doesnt fail like all my others
30t6p3b.gif

I am kinda in the field (social work) and I can tell you this without a masters or some good connects most of my people who majored in psyc are either doing bs jobs or not working in the field what-so-ever. One of the girls I intern with has had her psyc degree for a good 4 years now and she is genuinely happy making 12.50 an HR (SMH)....

I am kinda in the field (social work) and I can tell you this without a masters or some good connects most of my people who majored in psyc are either doing bs jobs or not working in the field what-so-ever. One of the girls I intern with has had her psyc degree for a good 4 years now and she is genuinely happy making 12.50 an HR (SMH)....

The key is to get internships in college

Im on somebody elses phone now so Ill contribute more to the thread tomorrow when I freeload offa starbucks wifi

I got a bs in psych and had an internship.
people think psych is soft but we werent doin soft @%$+ in the lab

I was interning with biopsychologists. They were not even in the psych dept. They r in the pharmacology toxicology dept.

The key is to get internships in college

Im on somebody elses phone now so Ill contribute more to the thread tomorrow when I freeload offa starbucks wifi

I got a bs in psych and had an internship.
people think psych is soft but we werent doin soft @%$+ in the lab

I was interning with biopsychologists. They were not even in the psych dept. They r in the pharmacology toxicology dept.

I mean alot of careers are made off of the grind you put forth in college (outside of the classroom) many of my good friends business majors and all are having the same issues finding jobs...

I mean alot of careers are made off of the grind you put forth in college (outside of the classroom) many of my good friends business majors and all are having the same issues finding jobs...

If you want to be a therapist of any kind, you'll need a masters but the advertising industry is always looking for psych majors.

If you want to be a therapist of any kind, you'll need a masters but the advertising industry is always looking for psych majors.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

This. I transferred in from Computer Science (one of the most prestigious CS schools in the world). It's all about the grind. I know graduates from CS who got those jobs you dream of at Google and I know others who are doing meaningless work at the first place they could find.
I'm finishing up my degree and doing my thesis right now. 

I'm lookin do do Human Factors related !%%, so I'm probably leaving Psych if I pursue a masters.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

This. I transferred in from Computer Science (one of the most prestigious CS schools in the world). It's all about the grind. I know graduates from CS who got those jobs you dream of at Google and I know others who are doing meaningless work at the first place they could find.
I'm finishing up my degree and doing my thesis right now. 

I'm lookin do do Human Factors related !%%, so I'm probably leaving Psych if I pursue a masters.

get your masters. to me my "psych" degree was useless...till i got a gov job that only needed a degree (in anything)

get your masters. to me my "psych" degree was useless...till i got a gov job that only needed a degree (in anything)

I'm trying to go to graduate school for Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology .. anyone in here in that field or know people in it ?

I'm trying to go to graduate school for Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology .. anyone in here in that field or know people in it ?

Back
Top Bottom