any vegetarians on NT?

I never liked meat , so it's easy for me .

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

Hard, thats why I settled for a Pesco-vegan diet.
see, im considering becoming a vegetarian because of compassion for all living things. Fish suffer as well.
frown.gif
and i love fish

I did it for my health. We have have a lot of genetic health problems and diseases in my family. Unfortunately I caught a bundle of them, digestive issuesbeing the worst.
I use the benefits from certain fish and shellfish to help keep the vitamin pill popping down.
I appreciate your choice though.

I did it for over 3 years I think it was...I went from size 40 waist to 32 in 4-5 months. And I had more energy than ever before in my entire life. I was doingbackflips and kip ups and I was never able to before...LOL. Crazy. I did it just to try it. I would do it again. But right now I feel healthy and energetic.

One day I just started chicken again, around early 2008 and...Idk...I've been getting fatter every since.
laugh.gif
. Size 38 waist again. But I'm soooo much slimmer than when I was a 38 inthe past.

Hard, thats why I settled for a Pesco-vegan diet.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I used to eat alot of Met-Rx protein bars/meal replacement bars (Whey or Non-Whey, it's up to you) though to keep full. I hated Powerbars and Cliff bars.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Salads and all that didn't cut it at all....I'm a hungry man.

I tried it for awhile, but couldn't keep up with it because I'm trying to put on about 50-60 lbs.
I eat waaaay healthier now, though.

Great Steak & Potato? MMMmmmmmmm.......

Cause of my vegetarian ways, Now I could only eat half of that sandwich up there and maybe a handful of fries. Back in the day though...different story. Iwould be hungry like 3 hours later after eating that. No lie.
embarassed.gif

I've tried it also, but it got to the point where I was eating too many carbs as a substitute for my chicken and beef, and not necessarily good carbs, justto stay full. I would def. get back on it but need to implement protein bars and/or shakes this time around.

Im vegetarian, but I eat fish. Parents raised me that way, and even though I have tasted meat before (beef, chicken) I guess Im used to living without it. Itwasn't bad though...

I was up until I was about 13. Then we started eating pultry and seafood. My dad was a raw vegan. Nothing but raw vegitables. He'd make all kinds of disheswith it. I dont know if I could do that much though.. I could go back to being a vegeterian... And lately, I've been seriously considering it.

I was a natural vegetarian for the first 3 years of my life
smile.gif

when I smell chicken up close like a drumstick after I bit it.. that $@%$ stank

Originally Posted by seniosoul

I was a natural vegetarian for the first 3 years of my life
smile.gif

when I smell chicken up close like a drumstick after I bit it.. that $@%$ stank

It does!! It's like a musty animal smell.. I guess you can only expect that though...

Where do vegetarians get their essential amounts of fats and protein if they don't eat meat then?

Also, aren't artificial substitutes like imitation chicken, beef, crab, etc... bad for you?

Originally Posted by miss kidd0

Where do vegetarians get their essential amounts of fats and protein if they don't eat meat then?

Also, aren't artificial substitutes like imitation chicken, beef, crab, etc... bad for you?

lots of nuts
laugh.gif
.. brazil nuts are
smokin.gif
... avocados, olive oil .. drench just about anything in olive oil.... raw eggyolks provide some good nutrients too.

combine those fats and proteins with fruits/vegetables like oranges, apples, tomatoes, watermelon, and bananas... and really, the lifestyle is not hard tomaintain

For about a year now, and I'm a big dude (6'2", 225). Makes me feel MUCH better, more energy, less acne for me, sleep better, workout longer, allvery good things. I couldn't do vegan (ice cream!? Cheese!?) but mostly just do vegetables, some tofu or tempeh, lots of fruits, salads, hummus,Mediterranean, oatmeal, big fresh flavors (citrus, peppers, ect) is the way to make it easy.

Originally Posted by miss kidd0

There are a lot of protein substitutes
(List I found)
Tempeh
Seitan
Soybeans, cooked
Veggie dog
Veggie burger
Lentils, cooked
Tofu, firm
Kidney beans, cooked
Lima beans, cooked
Black beans, cooked
Chickpeas, cooked
Pinto beans, cooked
Black-eyed peas, cooked
Vegetarian baked beans
Quinoa, cooked
Soymilk, commercial, plain (I drink almond milk though.)
Tofu, regular
Mushrooms, cooked, plain
and Most meat substitutes I've seen aren't made with artificial stuff they were made with all natural ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom