Anybody else Can't Nap?

Even though you're dead tired. I work everyday at 6 am, and sometimes I'm soo tired when I come home, want to nap, and I can't. Today worked from5:30-8:30 AM, played ball, tried to come home and nap before tonight, but just can't. I know I'm Tired! Who else?!

all i do is nap
smh.gif

i wish that was the case
all this napping is $$%#*#% up my sleeping pattern

Yep, work on a nice Golf Course. Weekdays are 6-230 and one day on the weekend I have to go in to rake the bunkers etc..

smh.gif
Once I'm up, I'm up. And on rare occasions I do nap it messes up my sleep cycle for days.

In a way. I find that, past a certain point such as, lets say 8 a.m., I can't sleep while the sun is up. As tired as i may be, I just can't sleep/napduring the day.
smh.gif

Only if I am tipsy.
On saturdays and sundays after eating everyone in my family takes a nap for like 2-3 hours.
Except me.

I try not to nap because when I take naps, I sleep for like 12 hours. lol

Edit: Alarm clock doesn't work for me, I'll sleep straight through it.
laugh.gif

Polyphasic sleep FTW.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I fall under Everyman. About a 3 hour sleep with three or four 20-30 minute naps. I'm a starving comic book artist/writer so I need to be up as much aspossible to get **** done.

[h2]The Advantages of Polyphasic Sleep[/h2]
Polyphasic sleep has been called the "sleep of genius" Famous folk such as Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, Napoleon. and Winston Churchill have used this schedule in some form or another. Many who have trialled polyphasic sleep have reported feeling extremely creative, although this state may take some weeks to achieve.

The obvious advantage of course is the extra time gained in each twenty four hour period. If you follow the classic schedule, six naps of 25 minutes each, you would be averaging only two and a half hours sleep!

Once you get used to polyphasic sleep, you can slip into the sleep state within a few minutes, compared to twenty minutes or even longer for monophasic sleep.

Writers, poets, composers or anyone who needs creativity in their field, find that sleeping this way allows them to be more creative. This could be due to the occurrence of more alpha and theta brainwaves, rather than beta, during their waking hours.

moz-screenshot-8.jpg
moz-screenshot-9.jpg

i cant nap or sleep. but when i do sleep, you can fire a gun rigth next to my ear and i won't hear anything.
you can push me off my bed and i won't feel a thing or wake up.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

laugh.gif
Yeah, I can't do that.

My dad goes home at lunchtime and will often sleep in a chair for 20 mins or so - he doesn't even set an alarm. Says it keeps him going for the day.

I'd wake up at 7pm.

i'm the opposite, i end up taking naps when i don't even want to which ends up ruining my sleeping pattern. i love naps though they are highlyappreciated
pimp.gif

that sucks

naps ftw..although i cant take like a 20 minute nap. my naps are at least 2 hours

I take a 15 min. nap daily at around 1:30PM. I wake up feeling refreshed.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

all i do is nap
smh.gif

i wish that was the case
all this napping is $$%#*#% up my sleeping pattern
Real talk....

I feel like I need a nap to survive through the day most of the time....sad....

use to be the same way, then i got to college... napping is an art form in college

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

laugh.gif
Yeah, I can't do that.

My dad goes home at lunchtime and will often sleep in a chair for 20 mins or so - he doesn't even set an alarm. Says it keeps him going for the day.

I'd wake up at 7pm.

Pretty much. Naps aren't an option if I have something important happening that evening.

Back
Top Bottom