Anybody Else Find Allen Iverson's Name Here Weird ......

I feel like it's Sesame Street and which name doesn't belong...

Don't get me wrong I was a big Answer fan but c'mon. No football player on that list? No Jerry Rice? Very odd

I am serious. I know it sounds out of line but I really don't think it is a universal understanding.

I should have said that only people that understand, "the struggle" understand how important AI was. If you grew up in Orange County I wouldn't expect you to get it.

^ I remember somebody tried to argue with me that he used it in a game. It started off me vs. him, then he got like 4 other people to co-sign with him. And they damn sure were just trolling me. :smh:

I am serious. I know it sounds out of line but I really don't think it is a universal understanding.
I should have said that only people that understand, "the struggle" understand how important AI was. If you grew up in Orange County I wouldn't expect you to get it.

:nthat:

AI had maybe the largest impact on the game after Jordan. And please don't argue that.

:nthat:

AI had maybe the largest impact on the game after Jordan. And please don't argue that.

No, don't really want to argue but I don't get that. I don't see the things that he supposedly changed in the league - what is different now that wasn't possible 10 years ago? Little guys scoring? - Isaiah (amongst others) did that first.

I just don't see it - he was a good player, but I don't get what was so revolutionary about him - and I certainly wouldn't admire him - he was genuinely gifted but isn't someone I would pattern my game or life after.

Him inspiring young black males to stand up to the figures that be.
Him inspiring young black males to be comfortable in their own skin and not feeling like they have to change their image to appease the word.
Him inspiring young black males to be themselves.

Socially is what we are speaking of. Not changing the game style wise like KG.

You make it seem so subtle.
:lol:
Bro...how can you be a fan of ****** like OJ Mayo but you were never an AI fan?
:smh:

Well when you put it like that, that's a good question.

I am one of the biggest AI fans around but his name definitely sticks out on that list.

However, he was definitely highly admired in his prime for being a guy not even 6 feet tall busting his *** the whole time he was on the court and being one of the most interesting and honest athletes.

Last edited:
Him inspiring young black males to be comfortable in their own skin and not feeling like they have to change their image to appease the word.

Oh yes, so non-black AI fans could never be the same fans of those who are black and grew up struggling :lol:

AI fans will be AI fans because he was the "f the system (and David Stern)" rebel the NBA needed. I don't remember any player in the league throughout the 90's that rivaled AI's demeanor towards the corporate heads. That's why everyone loved the dude. His pride, his game and his realness.

Practice?

Last edited:
He single-handedly got every kid to work on his crossover once he shook MJ. Not TOO surprised but I see your point...it's easy to question when you're seeing his impact on the game from hindsight

i only say weird because i see how 50/50 it is with AI .

what i mean is u either loved his style of play or u hated it. i loved it, but i know people who couldn't stand it.

i just found it interesting how his name came up on a list with these guys , honestly he would've never came to mind for me personally. nothing against him but i would've never thought he was this highly regarded.

it is family fued so i can't make too big a deal out of it
laugh.gif
Word, for as many people that love AI, there are an equal amount who hate him. I was one of the former however. 

He single-handedly got every kid to work on his crossover once he shook MJ.

Yerp.

I hate to use this word because at 22 i consider myself a grown man, but Iverson personified the word SWAG. The baggy uniform, the rows, the handles, his attitude, just everything about him screamed im a cool *** dude and i dont give a **** what you think about me. It was and still is SO appreciated. And dude was just amazing to watch on the court. I got to see him play live and up close ONE TIME at the Fleet Center (TD/Boston Garden) when he was still in in Philly for the first time and it was so dope :smokin

1st player to really rock long hair

1st player to wear the sleeve on one arm

one of the 1st players to be covered in tattoos

brought that raw hood street ball style to the NBA

wasnt he one of the 1st players to rock the baggy low NBA game shorts and jersey?

look at todays NBA you will see 90% Iverson influenced stuff

it shouldn't be outrageous to say that Iversons MVP is debatable. Many felt Shaq should have won.

it shouldn't be outrageous to say that Iversons MVP is debatable. Many felt Shaq should have won.

Debatable, it's obvious Shaq should have I would argue that was probably one of the 10 best statistical season ever, 30, 12, with 3 blocks and 4 assists a game. :smh:

I LOVE ai, I was heartbroken when my parents refused to get me the black and white answer 4's, never cried when pac died I might when AI does. :lol:

He was not the MVP.

Last edited:
He was voted into the all star game just two seasons ago.

He gets love from every corner of the earth, by myself & many others.

Last edited:
LOL

once again..those that dont 'understand' the struggle like he said, just wont get it...

i dont see how anything he said was funny...

before lebron, before kobe seperated himself...post mj, AI was every urban youths fav player...everybodys..

fam's a legend where im from...tried to hold my man down in high school, his boss changed the rules to hold him down in the league...my dude stayed himself, thru the whole thing...truly proud to say im from where he's from..

always my dude...wish he went out on top, but charge it to the game..

Back
Top Bottom