Anybody else have HORRIBLE professors? i cant be the only one

Alright so my accounting teacher sucks a large amount of %!*$, he is a complete idiot. This guy talks about the most

random #!!# for about 90% of the class time. For example he always talks about the god damn hot dog shop near

PITT, always talks about how he knows the owners of the steelers, how he has met Obama, so on and so forth, he

just talks about random #!!# all the time. Then the other 10% of the class time where he tries to "teach" us all he

does is show us the end product, in no way shape or form does he show how to get there, what any of it means,

nothing.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
i just wanna smack the #!!# outta this guy, im probably gonna have to drop the class
tired.gif

/rant

I have had a handful of awful professors.

When I was an education major, there was a professor who just told stories for 90% of the class. Then he would assign a random assignment and nobody would do it. I stopped showing up for that class after about 2 weeks.

And to think of all the money and time I've wasted on a stupid piece of paper.

yea i had one that was a grad student so she felt like she had to cram EVERY little thing about criminal justice into one 10 week course...

Yeah for sure...what I've concluded is that having horrible professors is just part of the post secondary journey.

profs who cant speak fluent english and dont use the microphone in a class where theres 200+ students FTL

they're just preparing you for the real world - there are tons of bosses that supervise horribly. 

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

profs who cant speak fluent english and dont use the microphone in a class where theres 200+ students FTL

never had a class that big, but one of my professors last semester had a very very thick accent and basically

whispered when she talked

laugh.gif
I like the kosher hot dogs at the O
smile.gif
But u gotta learn to go on rate my professors chief. And if u think he's bad, try takin one of the profs in the Africana dept. mainly Kwame.

laugh.gif
I had a teacher who had a thick chinese accent. Luckily the teachers edition for out book was online and she based the homework and exams off the questions in the book.

Everyone in that class cheated. I got an A while putting in no effort
pimp.gif

Last semester i had and indian professor and she was kinda hard to understand. Thankfully all she talked about in class was in the book and the tests were open book.

I also had a math professor who had a Cuban and German accent (he said he developed his accent because he was born in Cuba and lived in Germany for a few years.) that was unbearable. He would say funny things in class and talk smack half the time, wouldn't answer questions about the material. I should have dropped the class the first day
tired.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

never had a class that big, but one of my professors last semester had a very very thick accent and basically

lucky, i've had many classes with 500ish, and one class with 1000+. university of toronto btw

lucky, i've had many classes with 500ish, and one class with 1000+. university of toronto btw

I had some !!#!$ who came straight out of latin america who culdnt speak english for *$@%, teaching my english class.

My Haitian Psychology professor was the worst. She couldn't speak English very well, her explanations during class and descriptions on exams were vague, and she was constantly late. Thoughts of physically harming her ran through my head. Of course, I wasn't really planning on doing anything to her, but still, that's just how upset I was. After that class, I was having second thoughts about whether I had picked the right school or not, but it was just her; I haven't had any problems with my other professors.

My algebra instructor is Fn crazy. This guys is very disrespectful and doesnt have any regards if we understand anything or not. The other day in class, we were asking questions, because we weren't understanding anything, his response to us "if you don't understand anything I'm teaching you, you might as well drown yourselves." Another time a girl asked for help, cuz she was completely lost, his response to her was "do you not understand english".

those are some big +@# classes, wow, i go to a smaller school, biggest class i had was like 50 people
laugh.gif

last semester i had the worst chem professor EVER

he was a nice guy and his accent combined with corny jokes was actually kind of amusing for the first few classes. he would switch up his teaching style if students were complaining ex. he scrapped powerpoint and moved to the whiteboard

however, he was still horrible he was and i dropped the class. i was curious to what he got on ratemyprof after the semester seeing how it was his first year at this school and he is like 1.7/5
sick.gif

maybe i should have sucked it up and stayed in the class but whatever

Everyone has poor professors, the ones that cry about it use them for a scape goat.

I had a Accounting professor that I personally liked, but the class hated. They basically protested the class. Out of 12 in the class, 8 skipped at the time of our class and scheduled a meeting with the Dean to specifically complain about her.

She later told me, "If I didn't have tenure and 17 years at this place, I could've lost my job."

Do most of your bad professors have tenure? I'm curious.

Had more bad professors then good.
grin.gif
tired.gif
Most of them just follow the book verbatim. I am beyond salty about it.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom