Anybody else having problems with the XVII's CDP

I purchased a pair of XVII's CDP here on NT and they were supposed to be VNDS (worn only one time according to the seller) but they look like the nubuck isfading or discoloring. I just want to know if anybody else is having the same problem or did I get scam by the seller.

You got one of the many un-lucky pairs. A lot of the XVIIs from the CDP came like that from the factory.

The CDP 17's were by far the worst released shoes in the entire CDP collection.. when I got mine, I could see obvious markings in the suede.. the Champsemployee actually referred to this as "burn marks" and wouldn't even let me look at another pack (suffice to say, that was the last time I didany business with Champs Sports).

These so-called burn marks and ashy-ness are actually created as a result of cheap materials and these shoes rubbing with each other during shipping. As aresult, you wind up with shoes coming out of the box with this horrible look to them. If you ask me, you're better off getting the original leatherXVII's or waiting for them to retro em again.. I will never buy another suede JB or Nike shoe again; I think they all typically have this issue.

Case in point: My CDP 18's came out looking decent, but they still had slight creasing.. I heard reports of ashiness on these as well, and I'm prettysure the CDP 20 "black cats" had the same issue. Suede + JB does not seem to add up to quality anymore. The fact that they continue to sell these asA-Grade's is pretty sad (and I really would like to know what a B-grade would look like!)

Yeah,mine was ashy out the box..............suede cleaner and a brush migh help you .Pics would help also.

Originally Posted by Respinda

The CDP 17's were by far the worst released shoes in the entire CDP collection.. when I got mine, I could see obvious markings in the suede.. the Champs employee actually referred to this as "burn marks" and wouldn't even let me look at another pack (suffice to say, that was the last time I did any business with Champs Sports).

These so-called burn marks and ashy-ness are actually created as a result of cheap materials and these shoes rubbing with each other during shipping. As a result, you wind up with shoes coming out of the box with this horrible look to them. If you ask me, you're better off getting the original leather XVII's or waiting for them to retro em again.. I will never buy another suede JB or Nike shoe again; I think they all typically have this issue.

Case in point: My CDP 18's came out looking decent, but they still had slight creasing.. I heard reports of ashiness on these as well, and I'm pretty sure the CDP 20 "black cats" had the same issue. Suede + JB does not seem to add up to quality anymore. The fact that they continue to sell these as A-Grade's is pretty sad (and I really would like to know what a B-grade would look like!)

I remember looking at the blac/red phily those were not ashy nor were the Air Force Max retroes that I have but CDP shoes in general were pretty bad I rememberlooking at the IX seeing a ruffle in the stitching which is what lead me to not buying the pac (not to mention at the time the XIV I did not like the cw but Ido wish I got it now when I see the IX)

Luckily my XVII's were fine. Unfortunately with my 18/5 pack, the 18's came ashy out the box and 5's were pre-yellowed.

mine came pretty faded too. other problems I had was when I want to wear the cover the top two never stays locked. When I used them to hoop in for the firsttime the plastic eye lets broke off. So then I sent them to the philippines.

Here are the pictures..
349324936.jpg

349324931.jpg

therealjondoe I was thinking the same thing, I only pay $65 shipped so im not worry. ill just use them for winter beaters.

That's how my pair came from Nike, brand new. It's ok cause I got the pack for $268 shipped from Nike.com on release night.

man ya call these beaters ... they look aight to me .. try to get the foam out of ftlcker and u should be fine... i like the xvii ... guess not too many fans.. but i like em

I sold you those dog, i wore the bastards one time. I never wiped them, cleaned them or got them wet or anything. Look at the feedback on my profile i wouldnever screw anyone over on a deal. They looked like that right out of the box thats why i sold them for pretty much 50 bucks plus shipping. Its not like iscrewed you on the price and sold you some crappy shoes, as you can see alot of peoples 17's were trash.

Easy MH602, Im not accusing you of anything. i actually think $65 is good deal, now that I know that the XVII's come like that I feel better. I onl wantedthem for the crazy winter here in Iowa. Again $65 for XVII's not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom