Anybody else having problems with the XVII's CDP

most of my black suede CDP shoes had some lighter colored "ashy" areas. I was able to rectify the problem by taking a suede brush and going overthose areas gently in a circular motion. by doing this i got most of my suede shoes to look pretty nice throughout. There are a few small spots i couldnt workout completely but you might wanna give it a shot.

Mine look like caca too, I think after I wipe em with armor all like dude says to, they'll look nice. Try armor all on yur 17s everyone.
wink.gif

Word everybodys where bad i had to go through a couple packs to find the least messed up one.

they should've dropped with da DURABUCK material the kids ones were blessed to have

Originally Posted by Javy12

therealjondoe I was thinking the same thing, I only pay $65 shipped so im not worry. ill just use them for winter beaters.

For $65 shipped those look good, just wipe them down and they should be good to go, their Black so you be ok to beat them.
Mine came out of the CDP box fine and still look good after wearing them for ball and just to chill.

The 17's are some of the narrowest shoes ive ever tried on ........

They squeeze the s*!t out my feet.........

Originally Posted by Respinda

The CDP 17's were by far the worst released shoes in the entire CDP collection.. when I got mine, I could see obvious markings in the suede.. the Champs
employee actually referred to this as "burn marks" and wouldn't even let me look at another pack (suffice to say, that was the last time I did
any business with Champs Sports).

These so-called burn marks and ashy-ness are actually created as a result of cheap materials and these shoes rubbing with each other during shipping. As a
result, you wind up with shoes coming out of the box with this horrible look to them. If you ask me, you're better off getting the original leather
XVII's or waiting for them to retro em again.. I will never buy another suede JB or Nike shoe again; I think they all typically have this issue.

Case in point: My CDP 18's came out looking decent, but they still had slight creasing.. I heard reports of ashiness on these as well, and I'm pretty
sure the CDP 20 "black cats" had the same issue. Suede + JB does not seem to add up to quality anymore. The fact that they continue to sell these as
A-Grade's is pretty sad (and I really would like to know what a B-grade would look like!)

actually, most of the black THICK suede CDP shoes had this same problem, not just the 17s. i experienced the same out the box ashiness with cdp 17, 18 and 21

Originally Posted by Javy12

Here are the pictures..
349324936.jpg

349324931.jpg

Not VNDS. It looks like he walked in the rain with those. I've worn mine like 5 times and they still look better than that. SMH @ the seller.

Originally Posted by armfizzle

My 17's and 20's were a bit ashy, but my real problem is the cushioning on the 17's. Doesn't these supposed to have zoom in the heel? They feel stiff as all hell.
I respectfully disagree. The 17's feel great to me and the cushioning IS there on my pair(s).
grin.gif

mine definitely came a little ashy, but the biggest problem I have with them is that they're too narrow to get on my feet.
I don't even have a wide foot, so I guess I'll have to get rid of them some day.

I sold a pair of 17's and the swede was very faded. I wore mine 5 times and never walked in the rain and they still looked ashy. The materials for the CDPare garbage.

Originally Posted by ABallin23

havent worn mine yet and not sure if i am
do they fit true to size?

they fit a little tight, but even still they're comfy as hell.

Well, since everyone is blaming their problems on Global Warming, i say that the fading of those 17's is from Global Warming. And yes, I, like the rest ofthe Global Warming believers, I have a bunch of BS excuses as to why this is. /sarcasm & global warming rant

Back
Top Bottom