Anybody ever been to Kosovo? Or know much about it?

Just wondering if anybody on here was from there or been there or had any good info to share about the place.

0103KosovoMap.jpg

Bodies in the sand
Tropical drink melting in your hand
We'll be falling in love
To the rhythm of a steel drum band
Down in Kokomo

This pertains to basketball, I presume?

I am expecting JR-Smith-in-China numbers. You have a lot of talk to back up. Get busy.

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

You could've wiki'd it, ya know?

I'm looking for more personal experience...I've already "wiki'd" it.  You can't get a whole story from wikipedia.  

My friend is from Serbia and has been to Kosovo a couple times. According to him it is not a place you want to visit/live

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

My friend is from Serbia and has been to Kosovo a couple times. According to him it is not a place you want to visit/live
do you mind expanding on that?  any specific reasons?

recently their conflict with serbia has escalated over checkpoints and border control restrictions. 

All i know is that their govt is thankful for american/NATO intervention back in 98 and they have such street name as Bill Clinton avenue lol and statues of Bill also. 

I've seen pics of the country and it looks like any other eastern european country. 

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

recently their conflict with serbia has escalated over checkpoints and border control restrictions. 

All i know is that their govt is thankful for american/NATO intervention back in 98 and they have such street name as Bill Clinton avenue lol and statues of Bill also. 

I've seen pics of the country and it looks like any other eastern european country. 
They are back in conflict? I thought it was pretty calm now and been that way for years. 

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

do you mind expanding on that?  any specific reasons?

he said its dangerous. local police are extremely corrupt and people are robbed out in the open frequently. 

They are back in conflict? I thought it was pretty calm now and been that way for years. 

both sides got it pretty bad, u think they're just gonna forget and keep it moving?

btw i found the pics i saw:

Kosovo

both sides got it pretty bad, u think they're just gonna forget and keep it moving?

btw i found the pics i saw:

Kosovo

Thanks for that pic gallery. 

I'm assuming its for basketball right? My girl is from Macedonia and has played ball out there. She's told me that it used to be really bad out there before but that things have calmed down a lot now. If you want to know anything specific about the area pm me and I'll ask her and get back to you.

I've been very close to it (I'm Bosnian, but live in Slovenia so I'm not that far). There are allways conflicts in that area, because Serbs won't recognise it for a republic. But what can you expect from them. It's just plainly stupid, like one war wasn't enough two decades ago. Balkan will never have peace.

Back
Top Bottom