Anybody Fear The Death Of Loved Ones?

Whether I die today, or 60+ years from now, I honestly could care less. The only thing I'd be concerned about is what my fam would go through, but we all have to go sometime...

When/If I get married and/or have kids, my whole mind set will change 'cause I'd have something to live for.

So, to answer the question...no, I don't fear death at all. All I hope for is that it be painless.

Death is something no one will ever be prepared for. The best thing you can do is live your life to the fullest by telling your loved ones how much you love them and trying to progress relationships. In the end you can say that you have nothing to resent.

I also had reoccuring thoughts of death and the fear that came with them. But after reading William Cullen Bryant's Thanatopsis, I was at peace! Here's an exercpt:

And, lost each human trace, surrend'ring up
Thine individual being, shalt thou go
To mix forever with the elements,
To be a brother to th' insensible rock
And to the sluggish clod, which the rude swain
Turns with his share, and treads upon. The oak
Shall send his roots abroad, and pierce thy mould.
Yet not to thy eternal resting place
Shalt thou retire alone--nor couldst thou wish
Couch more magnificent. Thou shalt lie down
, With patriarchs of the infant world--with kings
The powerful of the earth--the wise, the good,
Fair forms, and hoary seers of ages past,
All in one mighty sepulchre.

pimp.gif

I think about death ... what seems to be like every other day.

But like most said, Its going to happen.

Am I ready for it.... NO

ljlukelj wrote:
I think non-existence is much more scary then death itself

Thats while you we all need to love the ones we care about most while their still here; and take care of our personal health so our old does wont be long and painful..

RIP to my pops...june/2005

I fear death of my loved ones, not for myself. I don't particularly like the idea of dying painfully or slowly though.

My grandfather is 90 in June and my grandmother is 88 in June so its something I think about also Im worried when one goes the other might very soon after
Im just glad they got to see most of the important things in my life (high school/college grad)

pssshh no mames guey...i thought i was the only one
smh.gif

at times i don't want my mom to drive in the rain, or even go to the store JUST to get me something man..

and whenever she goes somewhere far i ALWAYS insist(or my dad) in driving her

Back
Top Bottom