Anybody find it hard to sympathize when somebody "bout that life" die?

So my girlfriend's sisters boyfriend got shot and killed yesterday.   I've known(just acquainted really) him since he was a teen and while always cool to me, has put his gf and her fam through the ringer. He pulled some wild %!*! over the years.
Besides the gf nobody in her fam seems that upset.  

Not happy, not sad...just indifferent on a karma tip
ohwell.gif

[h1]Man killed in double shooting on West Side[/h1][h2]Police say victim shot in front of girlfriend, baby[/h2]

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east...15221698/-/1524a1n/-/index.html#ixzz1ymlmWp5X

MILWAUKEE - 
Milwaukee police continue to search for an assailant in a deadly West Side shooting.

Police said a 22-year-old man was shot and killed in front of his girlfriend and his baby Saturday evening.

Milwaukee police said the baby was being put in the back of the car and the man was standing by the vehicle when he was hit by gunfire at 39th Street and Garfield Avenue, a neighborhood police have responded to for three major incidents in the past three weeks.

"There was an infant being secured in the back of the girlfriend's vehicle," said Lt. Kenneth Grams, of the Milwaukee Police Department. "The victim fled from the scene to an adjacent alleyway where he died."

The girlfriend was also shot in the leg and taken to the hospital, police said.

"Two residences and a church at this location sustained bullet evidence," said Grams.

Three weeks ago, a body was discovered in a sewer, and just a week ago, police said three teens were sprayed by gunfire. Investigators said they don’t know if any of the crimes are connected.

The baby was not hurt in the shooting, officers said.

Neighborhood leaders said they are not giving up on the area, which has been recently riddled with violence.

The fatal shooting left a bullet hole in the Christian Fellowship Community Church, where the Rev. Mary Jiles has been in attendance since 1971.

"It was the place to be. Beautiful homes, nice grass, beautiful trees," Jiles said.

[font=PT Sans Narrow, PT Sans, Arial Narrow, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Since then, Jiles said an influx of young people from out of town have brought drugs and violence to the community, and she is working to help bring the neighborhood back.

"We're going to fight for what we believe in. We're going to try to change our neighborhood as much as possible through the will of God, and then we're just going to stay here. We're not going anyplace that's for sure. Definitely, I will be here," Jiles said.

Jiles said there are signs of progress. She pointed out some local habitat for humanity homes as a step in the right direction.

"It's an uphill battle, but the battle is not over," said Dexter Smith, an associate minister and longtime church member.

Smith said Saturday's shooting underscores the need for the church to reach more community members.

"We are not going anywhere. We're going to stand here, and we're going to keep seeking the salvation for the people in our neighborhood. We're going to keep seeking salvation for the people all around us because God is able, and we cannot give up," Smith said.

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east...15221698/-/1524a1n/-/index.html#ixzz1ymm0oS2J

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east...15221698/-/1524a1n/-/index.html#ixzz1ymlgcQ4x

Dude prolly had did sketchy things in the past, but still dont think anyone should go out like that. RIP

It is hard to sympathize because they put themselves in that situation most of the time, but it's still disappointing to see someone young killed.  I wish these dudes would wise up and realize there's more to life than repping your hood/colors.  We, as a country, shouldn't tolerate gang activity anymore.  As insensitive as it sounds, just "remove" the ones that are stuck in their ways from our society and the ones that are willing to move on can stay.  Either way, RIP to the guy 
tired.gif

I'm exactly like you OP. I feel indifferent. I dont sympathize with them, but I dont feel they deserved it either. I'm somewhere in the middle

For the record just because a man is in that life doesn't mean anything.

So you telling me if your mother died from smoking cigarettes you would feel the same way basically ?

Dude I was cool with got locked up for shooting at the cops
30t6p3b.gif
...mog kept skipping court and his %!!#%%% dad bailed him out and he missed court again..they labeled him as a fugitive on the run so I knew it was over for him...undercover cop was behind a car he was in and called for back up...somehow things came to a stop and instead of surrendering he fired shots at them and he got lit up 6 times...he recovered but he was an idiot for that...now his %%! about to do some real time...I'll put a lil on his books after he convicted tho cause dude ain't built for prison

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

So you telling me if your mother died from smoking cigarettes you would feel the same way basically ?
this is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

anywhere.

ever.

I don't understand how you even came to that conclusion, but I now fully understand the phrase "you sure pulled that one out of your %@%".

I didn't come that conclusion he basically did, He said " how can you sympathize when someone that's bout that life dies"

Meaning that the person lived a lifestyle that caused it to happen. All I did was throw out another scenario where the situation is the same.

I guess you don't think out the box so you perceived it as a stupid question lmao

It's just part of the cycle of life. But dying in front of his girlfriend/baby is no bueno. That should never happen. I don't care what life anyone is about, that should just never happen...

I don't. However i still am awed at mothers after their son's death with the "he was a good kid " knowing he was wild and bout that life.

Horrible comparison.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

I don't. However i still am awed at mothers after their son's death with the "he was a good kid " knowing he was wild and bout that life.

them mothers be ready to get that life insurance money....you'd be surprised how many of them up the life insurance payments banking on them to die 

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

as a parent you're always gonna remember your seed as the innocent child you raises. Not to mention most folks who are about that life try to keep their parents out of it.

Originally Posted by CJ616

Horrible comparison.

So you telling me there not both detrimental ?

Horrible comparison.

when you're about that life, you're not only hurting yourself, you're hurting others ( whether it be through drug dealing or violence and in some cases both). LOL @ comparing drug dealing, robbery, and gun violence to smoking.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Horrible comparison.

there's a personal choice in both. 

Live by dat life, die by dat life.

eh, there's always 2 sides

could mean a stick up kid out to harm innocent people

or

an enforcer that only sparks when his livelyhood is in question.

that's all I'll say on the subject.

My boys brother got killed a while back. Dude was about that rock dumping life. Sucked man my boy hasn't been the same since.

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

anywhere.

ever.

I don't understand how you even came to that conclusion, but I now fully understand the phrase "you sure pulled that one out of your %@%".
can someone please tell me how this is such a supid statement?

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

anywhere.

ever.

can someone please tell me how this is such a supid statement?

Werd cuz I understood what he meant...when u about that life u know theres a chance you ca die but people do it anyway same way smokers know there's a chance they ca get cancer and die and do it anyway...good comparison actually

what about the gf? Can the same be said for her also? She obviously knows what kind of man she is with and had a child with him, op even said dude put the family through the ringer b/c of his shenanigans. Most of the time the family isn't involved in the violent aspects, but in this case the gf was wounded and lucky for them innocent person {baby} was not hurt. If she was killed also, would yall say oh well b/c she knew what he was about, or would yall feel bad and look at her as innocent?

Back
Top Bottom