Anybody find it hard to sympathize when somebody "bout that life" die?

I def understand the OP's point. It is sad that a young man had to die, but I can see how it is hard to feel sorry for him when his actions were the cause of it. It is easier to sympathize with the family who lost a son, brother, father and the girlfriend. Its all sad none the less.

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

this is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

anywhere.

ever.

I don't understand how you even came to that conclusion, but I now fully understand the phrase "you sure pulled that one out of your %@%".
can someone please tell me how this is such a supid statement?

Lets use mom for both: If your mom is "bout that life" and shes out on the streets dealing with the grimey dudes all the time, selling drugs and stolen merchandise, maybe robbing people to make a living sometimes, carrying a pistol at all times just in case somebody tries to off her and come up themselves. Thats a situation shes putting herself in where anybody involved can get hurt or die depending on the situation. Selfish and wreckless

If your mom makes the decision to smoke cigarettes: she really is only hurting herself, health issues and such, which may lead to death way down the line. The 2nd hand smoke theory doesnt count because you dont have to be around them IMO. So shes really not hurting anybody but herself or putting anybody else in danger out of her own selfishness. When in the first scenario, depending on what pops off, anybody (including innocent bystanders) can get it at any time. This argument only made sense one-dimensionally, yet we live in a 3-dimensional world
I understand both sides of this argument but i feel people are looking too much into the fact that they are harming others. In that case you are happy they are gone cause they are no longer a threat to others around them. But if you are solely looking at the fact that they both know they are doing something that will kill them and do it anyway it is a decent comparison. 

Depends on the situation.

Not everyone is "bout that life" by choice.

Its the same thing with people saying free _____. These dudes killed some kid in broad daylight and got locked up.
People on facebook blast the whole free this person but I know you miss them but they put some kid in the ground.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

We all have a choice my friend................Just because you have relatives or even parents who do morally/ethically/legally questionable things.........does NOT mean you are destined for the same life, it takes a bigger man to make his own path......

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

We all have a choice my friend................Just because you have relatives or even parents who do morally/ethically/legally questionable things.........does NOT mean you are destined for the same life, it takes a bigger man to make his own path......

You're right most of the time, but there are instances where people go down for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Damn near happened to me once.

Question, though. Whats everybodys definition of being "bout that life"? IMO selling dope =/= "bout that life"?

Well, if they chose to be "bout that life" and walks around like they're the hardest thug around..no.

When someone dies, you will always feel bad for them and their family - regardless of the circumstance.

But, You CAN sympathize while knowing that it was going to happen sooner or later. Doesn't make it less sad. Just....expected.

Originally Posted by Spiceman80

what about the gf? Can the same be said for her also? She obviously knows what kind of man she is with and had a child with him, op even said dude put the family through the ringer b/c of his shenanigans. If she was killed also, would yall say oh well b/c she knew what he was about, or would yall feel bad and look at her as innocent?
Not necessarily man. Realistically, it only takes 1-30 minutes to get a chick pregnant. You don't have to even know someone's name to have a baby with them. Unless you know they've been together for a while and he let her see that aspect of his life, you can't really make assumptions about how much she knew about his lifestyle, if anything at all.

As for people who are 'bout that life' dying... I can sympathize when I hear about young men (and women) turning to a life of crime to keep food on their table, but I hold no remorse. They chose that life for themselves. They should be aware of and ready for any consequences that come as a result of it.

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

For the record just because a man is in that life doesn't mean anything.

So you telling me if your mother died from smoking cigarettes you would feel the same way basically ?

anywhere.

ever.

I don't understand how you even came to that conclusion, but I now fully understand the phrase "you sure pulled that one out of your %@%".

hes sympathizing for all the goon and gangstaz, its hard out there for a pimp

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

For the record just because a man is in that life doesn't mean anything.

So you telling me if your mother died from smoking cigarettes you would feel the same way basically ?

anywhere.

ever.

can someone please tell me how this is such a supid statement?

Smoking a cigarette - while detrimental to your health, its still just smoking a cigarette.

Bout that life - you selling, dealing, doing sketchy stuff etc etc

Cmon.
laugh.gif

It always breaks my heart when someone around my age or younger dies (I'm in my early 20s) especially violently. What we as a society have to realize is that we're putting young people in a situation where their best, most profitable option is to be "bout that life." We go so far as to glorify it in many instances. But everyone wants to talk about personal choice when it comes to these people dying, and yes there is of course the choice to enter that life, just like being a good student and going to college, etc. is a series of choices. Ultimately the question that we have to ask ourselves as a society is why are these young people making this choice? My slightly educated guess is a lack of strong, positive familial influence. So no, it's not hard for me to sympathize, because I know that if my parents hadn't kept me away from even having the option to be "bout that life" it could've easily been me that you're talking about in this thread. Hell, I made enough stupid decisions as a kid/teenager even with their influence and I'm sure a lot of other people on this board did too.

That cigs comparison was DUMB as hell
laugh.gif

To answer the question, I have to agree to an extent. It sucks when somebody dies, but based on the way they lived, it was bound to happen and was expected.
I had only vaguely heard of that rapper Slim Dunkin before he was killed. After he was killed, I watched 3 of his videos, and based on that, there's no surprise that
he died. He rapped about exactly what he did. Sad, but expected.

Theres plenty of upper class college student types who sell at school...I'm pretty sure people would mourn them if they died

See you guys got this " bout that life" twisted that's the problem I'm seeing.

So because you sell drugs you are instantly " bout that life " that's something new to me.

The cig comparison is only dumb to those that can't comprehend it.

Back
Top Bottom