Anybody have any info about the first ever Pippen retro?

Around 15 years ago or so, the Air Pippen was retroed for the very first time. I think they were a Foot Action exclusive. It's tough to find info about this release, so I was wondering if anybody here had pics of the shoe, knows what year they came out, etc. I believe they were white & navy? Anybody know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

I know that around 07 or 08 the two og colours re-released. I don't know about any other retros

Last edited:
I know that around 07 or 08 the two og colours re-released. I don't know about any other retros

the black/red OG colorway retroed in 2008 and whte white retroed in 2010. then both retroed again last year. i believe there were also several colors released in 2008 & 2013.

but that very first retro, the foot action exclusive, really flew under the radar. but hopefully somebody here has some info. it was right around the year 2000 i think. give or take a year.

Nope, you're right. I worked at Foot Locker from 2000-02, and I remember those dropping in that timeframe. My first thought was 2001. Foot Action was right downstairs from us and we were all friends. I remember us all being confused as to why they'd drop a retro of them at all, let alone in retro+ colors. Not really much to tell. They were FTA exclusives, but made in pretty decent numbers. As I recall, they ended up on the sale tables because nobody wanted them. I'd guess most pairs got worn since nobody was really buying to stock at that point.

Peace,
J

you have it? pics?

Sorry man, no pics. All from memory. I absolutely hated the OG Pippen 1. That's a shoe that I love the look of, but they felt like walking on bricks haha. I had the black ones back when they first released and returned them, so I was never interested in any retros.

Peace,
J

Didnt those shoes drop in like 1996 or 1997 originally, and they retroed 3 or 4 years laater?

Didnt those shoes drop in like 1996 or 1997 originally, and they retroed 3 or 4 years laater?

Yeah, that's what he's asking about. OG came out in 96, then they were randomly retroed in new colors as a Foot Action exclusive in 2001.

Peace,
J

Last edited:
Had no idea about that retro around that time, probably because I was at Niketown and any FTL ot FA exclusives I wasn't paying attention to because I had no discount there 
laugh.gif

Never knew they retroed in 2000. Interesting.

white and navy i think...my OG hood spot had em to.

this was during da weird era of Nike where they would re-stock something but it was so lose to da OG release it really wasn't considered a retro...da concept still wasn't set on stone yet.

da very first david Robinson air max Uptempo retro falls under this category too...same with Foamposite pros, da hundreds of footaction exclusive penny IV's that kept dropping years after 98, da air max plus colors thst kept dropping past 98 and some air max 95's that kept dropping in 97,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom