Anybody have no idea what you're going to become in life?

Pretty far-fetched question....But does anyone have no idea what you want to become in life?
tired.gif

I thought I did but lately the plan that I've had for 5 years has gotten jumbled up and now i don't know what i wanna do 
ohwell.gif

sucks.

Nah dude.. no one has ever once questioned what they're going to do with their life. You're on your own.

Obvious sarcasm aside, this is a pretty common question that most people will ask themselves at some point (and not always just once) in their life. I'm going through it myself right now.. I know my strengths and the things I want to do, but I'm struggling figuring out exactly what it is.

I didn't know what I wanted to do at the end of highschool, so I joined the Army to buy some time and get some money for college should I find something.  Now I'm graduating in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on RF/Microwave engineering, and I've already got a job lined up 
pimp.gif

@ Big J 33 Yeah Bro I feel you.....Im just saying im at the point now....im about to be 22, havent graduated college, ive only had dead end jobs, where I can barely keep up and help out my family....its like @+*% man I need a career, I need something. But like you said these are common questions we ask ourselves all the time....When things seem tough theyre really not....its about making a bad situation into a good one.

*Raises hand*

I've been thinking this lately too. Recently in the work world I've been promoted, but I still wonder what more is in store for me, and what else I want to do with my life.

Originally Posted by Credo

I didn't know what I wanted to do at the end of highschool, so I joined the Army to buy some time and get some money for college should I find something.  Now I'm graduating in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on RF/Microwave engineering, and I've already got a job lined up 
pimp.gif
Congrats Bro
pimp.gif
....Im thinking about joining the military this winter....lets see how that goes

OP, you're only 22... Consider yourself fortunate that your thinking about this now and not much later in life. I know a few that are nearing their 30s and they're just not happy with where they're at. It's even more difficult if you're a parent and you want a career change. I'm not saying that it can't be done but it is difficult. So with that in mind OP, you have time on your side. Use it wisely.

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

don't know but sometimes i feel like i was born to achieve greatness

American optimism. a gift and a curse.
chase it man! only one way to find out..

To the people who did not know what they wanted to do, how did you decide on what you wanted to do.
Please respond.

yep. i havent had a clue since i started college. Been to 3 different schools now and still havent finished, I just know I dont want to work in construction ever again

i know where i want to be but don't know how im going to get there. the hard part is figuring out what to do after.

want to go into the military for a certain opportunity but every time that opportunity opens up it closes just as quickly because of budget cuts. have had two board reviews close on me in the last year. im not giving up yet but it feels like I'll never get that shot I want.

28 and still don't know what I want to do. I'm interested in IT but I have no background to show for it.

Well, I want to become a professional engineer, get some experience in materials science, own my own company, become a community engagement leader. I got to get through school first, though. I feel like I got a lot of time but things go by so fast nowadays.

im 27 an my chick is 25 an we still dont know what we wanna do

just had this convo yesterday/LAST NIGHT.

we both got f/t jobs with benefits but nahmean w/e

all jobs are BS, i wanna be like my moms, she is her own boss. i really respect my moms.

Originally Posted by iYen

To the people who did not know what they wanted to do, how did you decide on what you wanted to do.
Please respond.

It was just random chance for me really.  My job in the Army was communication equipment repair, and I found I both enjoyed doing it and I was good at it.  So I figured might as well go to college and get a job in electronics that pays more than 20k with the extra bonus of not getting shot at.
Before I joined the Army I wanted to be a chef, took some culinary arts classes, and quickly discovered that I didn't actually want to be a chef.  I really just wanted to cook kick +@+ food for family, friends, and myself.  Then I thought about getting into welding, I had an apprenticeship all set up, and then I backed out after I found out the rate of lung cancer and skin cancer that as well as other ailments that welders suffer from.  With those two out of the way I basically had no plan C so I joined the Army almost on a whim with a buddy.  Like I said earlier I was trying to buy some time, but I lucked out and picked the right MOS. 

Read "Business of the 21st century" by Robert kiyosaki. It'll completely change your mindset... if you FOLLOW it, it'll change your LIFE.

everyday i ask myself this question. Ive completed all my gen-eds at college and now am faced with choosing a major so that i can complete my 4 years but everytime i start looking over things it scares the @%!% out of me man. Does anyone else feel like this is a very hefty choice. I dont want to graduate with a degree i cant do anything with or land a job that i find i hate. I wish i was able to do something i love everyday and be able to make a sufficient income off of it. I feel all throughout your youth is the time to work "Jobs" when you graduate college you should be able to enjoy your work.

Back
Top Bottom