Anybody read the Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons?

I am thinking of buying the most recent edition but I dont know how good it is? Anybody read this and what yall think?

Yes. It is very good. Very in-depth analysis. Great stories and anecdotes about the players and about Bill himself. If you like basketball, you'll like the book.

No plant.

Excellent book. If you're even remotely a fan of the NBA it's a must read.

Loved every page of that book. Simmons is hilarious and slips in hundreds

of jokes amongst his thousands of insights. Really enjoyable read, i'd definitely recommend it

Love Bill Simmons stuff, been an avid reader of his columns for a little over a year and the book is amazing. Tons of jokes, inside knowledge, and behind the scenes stories. Also sheds light on a lot of your favorite players growing up

i slept on picking it up from the borders closing sales.  i saw it there when the sale started, but i waited til everything got marked down more. ended up waiting too long. sucks because i heard this was amazing.

Simmons is a douche at times and his snarky-ness towards the Lakers gets old  but the book is a great read. I agree with most of his player ratings and the ones I dont he explains his points real well.
 Funny thing is how Bill talks about his old season tickets at Boston Garden in the book and I was watching Game 4 of the 87 Finals (Magic's Jr Skyhook winner and Bird missing the 3 at the buzzer) on NBA TV a few weeks back and you can see a shook teenage Bill Simmons near the player tunnel as the players exit the court.

Back
Top Bottom