Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

PSA/BGS is king. I wouldn’t go with any others right now tbh.

Buy what you like, keep it a hobby and cool if there’s a rate of return. eBay or forums/private sales with buyer protection (PayPal, etc)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, would like to keep it as a hobby/passion due to my love of basketball/NBA and hopefully my boy can pick it up when he's older, lol.

Also, what card forums do you recommend?

If you are looking to buy for PC purposes I would say SGC or HGA are also legit options and can be had for considerably less than PSA/BGS. The best advice I can give to always buy the card and not the grade. Way too many people who have just recently got into the hobby giving out bad advice and putting too much emphasis on values. Once people start worrying about how much money is made or lost it can really take a lot of the fun out of a hobby. if you are looking to buy high end graded copies of of cards to invest in i would say don’t. Do some research and learn as much as you can before jumping in and spending considerable amounts or you will more than likely loose money the way the market is now.

The only forum you need is Blowout.

Last edited:
If you are looking to buy for PC purposes I would say SGC or HGA are also legit options and can be had for considerably less than PSA/BGS. The best advice I can give to always buy the card and not the grade. Way too many people who have just recently got into the hobby giving out bad advice and putting too much emphasis on values. Once people start worrying about how much money is made or lost it can really take a lot of the fun out of a hobby. if you are looking to buy high end graded copies of of cards to invest in i would say don’t. Do some research and learn as much as you can before jumping in and spending considerable amounts or you will more than likely loose money the way the market is now.

The only forum you need is Blowout.

Appreciate the advice. Most def will buy the card and the grading is the cherry on top for me. I saw that the market was red hot earlier this year and looks like its 'cool down' a bit so far.

Market has corrected on some things for sure, but we have also seen a whole lot of price manipulation. A lot of people who have jumped back in are uneducated about where the hobby was pre all of this madness are making the exact same mistakes they made in the 80’s & 90’s and being taken advantage of by more knowledgeable collectors and driven by greed and false hope.

A good example of this is the absolutely insane retail buying that has been going on. One thing you won’t see knowledgeable collectors doing is spending thousands of dollars on retail wax, yet somehow for a two year span it was nearly impossible to find anything.

PXL_20211002_014324766.jpg

#ItWasAGoodDay

some redcard exclusives

came to walmart after work and the man was stocking the shelves all alone, no one in sight. i was about to leave with the one box of pokemon but then he pointed out the optic and i grabbed 3/4 they had to not be too greedy

in canada the blasters at 49 dollars.. LMAO

C5186BAA-48AD-48D1-B1AF-91317F8A498F.jpeg

Last edited:
What is the going rate for a PSA 7 Jordan rookie? I've seen 7k-15k but realistically what would be a good price. I'm thinking of selling the two I have and possibly buying a higher grade. I also have two BGS 6 rookie and sticker rookie cards. I believe I bought the 7s years ago for 600-700 a piece. They are just sitting a drawer. Also since I haven't been collecting in so long what are good protective cases to get since I've got a of cards in screw down cases from the 80s to 00s. Thanks for your help.

What is the going rate for a PSA 7 Jordan rookie? I've seen 7k-15k but realistically what would be a good price. I'm thinking of selling the two I have and possibly buying a higher grade. I also have two BGS 6 rookie and sticker rookie cards. I believe I bought the 7s years ago for 600-700 a piece. They are just sitting a drawer. Also since I haven't been collecting in so long what are good protective cases to get since I've got a of cards in screw down cases from the 80s to 00s. Thanks for your help.

Use the One Touches.

1633631704986.png

bout to be popping into every walmart i see these two days...want that celebrations etb for retail price

i scored off target online the other day for optic, but dont mind picking up more if its in person :nerd:

D0339323-DCC1-45D5-88A9-058BB4097AA6.jpeg
3B5A90B8-D9A1-4EB1-93F5-EA42C79C3FEC.jpeg

Can't find this exact card anywhere online. Anyone know a potential value?

Nice pull, heres the same kind of card different player, you gotta look at other juju numbered joints and see whats the rate, you can add more to it if yourarity is better

6CC7C664-F50C-408B-AE64-D513ADDC4D19.png

U pulled that from a blaster or mega?

edit was inspired by ur post, ended up ripping some stuff, 2 don russ blasters, nothing

Remembered I had draft picks hangers and ripped 1 and pulled this, best pull since I started ripping myself

image.jpg

Last edited:
D0339323-DCC1-45D5-88A9-058BB4097AA6.jpeg
3B5A90B8-D9A1-4EB1-93F5-EA42C79C3FEC.jpeg

Can't find this exact card anywhere online. Anyone know a potential value?

What year is it?

With low print cards like that, your best bet at value is someone PC'ing either the player, or the particular Rainbow.

A regular JuJu collector may pay 20 bucks an example.
But a Rainbow builder might pay 50 in effort to obtain it. Only 5 in the world, locating the other 4 could take forever, ya know?

Keep an eye out for people lookin for JuJu's and you may find a buyer. (Or trader, etc)

Idk about y’all but I think trying to find top loaders in person is harder to score than cards lol and these prices on Amazon and etc is about 2x the price for a 50ct 🥴

Idk about y’all but I think trying to find top loaders in person is harder to score than cards lol and these prices on Amazon and etc is about 2x the price for a 50ct 🥴

:lol: straight up though. They’re necessary tho so i just took the L with the marked up price and got a 50ct on amazon a few months ago. Even when the ultra pro site gets a restock they sell out mad quick:smh:

Pokémon Center not playing around with their shipping! I got lucky and was able to order these 2 days ago, 10/7 and got em in today 10/9! Hella unexpected 🙏🏽

CC548C61-7657-4F9C-9985-E8CFD1200A5E.jpeg

Updated Wax Packs/Boxes I'm building up.

PXL_20211010_021858581.jpg

PXL_20211010_022441181.jpg

PXL_20211010_025051966.jpg

PXL_20211010_025220505.jpg

No idea where I'm goin with it, but getting em at 20-30 dollars a box minus the 06-08 Bowman Football stuff that's closer to 80 bucks a box and the NBA stuff. (Which is why I have less NBA)

I had a few other boxes that I cracked open lookin for stuff, 87 Fleer and 90 Score. Probably coulda waited longer to open those but was itchin for a couple specifics. (Which I got, cuz, Junk era :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom