Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

br0keballer br0keballer dope! any/all Lock cards are worth having if ends up having the season I think he will

who wants to go in on these w/ me lol
Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 11.29.27 PM.png

or better yet, this. アミーゴ アミーゴ lets split fiddy/fiddy :nthat::
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 12.48.20 AM.png

wonder how big of an L I would still take lol

speaking of which, any yall pulled this variation Ja base outta Mosaic? Guess its a short print.
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 12.09.20 AM.png

Last edited:
Question: what card would y’all invest in or buy around 2500-3000 right now? Any ideas? A nice single card or multiples of a certain card around that value

looking for a nice purchase but I am not sure what. This is More of a long term plan, not a quick flip.

trout Topps update rc psa 10
giannis prizn rc psa 10??
Lebron Topps chrome rookie Raw/ psa 9

If you’re going long term I say Bron is the best bet. No matter what happens his legacy as one of the best all time is solidified.

If you’re going long term I say Bron is the best bet. No matter what happens his legacy as one of the best all time is solidified.

agreed. he's cemented. and damn near might win another one this year/again in the future. Wish I would have picked up his stuff over the years.

its wild how football cards, outside of quarterbacks, really arent worth ****. Christian McCaffrey silver prizm rookies for $50. I feel like that stuff is a good buy, with the hobby blowing up as of late. Gotta be people out there that want to collect wide receivers and running backs lol

thats why ive been buying every nick foles rookie i can find :lol:

I feel you bruh! Ive been grabbing Lock. Its dope when the guy you're investing in also plays for the team you root for but if he was on the Raiders with the potential he has and the weapons hes been given I would still be picking up his stuff.

Outside of Mahomes, modern NFL cards are def undervalued. I get that basketball is international and even baseball is played everywhere, but I feel like the US market still gotta be big enough to see increases in coveted football cards

Was gonna go hit a few targets earlier, got to the first one and they had nothing and the place was ****ing packed, long *** lines. I just went home after that. :lol:

Was gonna go hit a few targets earlier, got to the first one and they had nothing and the place was ****ing packed, long *** lines. I just went home after that. :lol:

Bro I just got done talking to my girl about how ****ing packed these stores are. Literally was like Christmas season when I went to a couple Targets yesterday

Bro ai jist got fone talking to my girl about how ****ing packed these stores are. Literally was like Christmas season when I went to a couple Targets yesterday
Yeah it’s wild dude. I ****ing hate crowds and people in general, it’s been pretty crazy around here lately with everyone going out finally. I kinda liked the lockdown vibe better. :lol:

US market is cool but NBA is driven by international as well. International market for NBA is insane and perhaps one of the main reasons for the resurgence of sports cards.

Soccer is actually a huge market and good $$$ as well.

290 for the lot, what y’all think?
A8E6A1DF-CB5F-430B-8ECA-AFC480953A54.jpeg

If that Mahomes is PSA submission worthy that’s a steal. Raw they are going for around $250. I’d buy.

Side note...I did not know Deshaun Watson’s Optic rookies were so cheap that’s insane. I’m going to load up.

If that Mahomes is PSA submission worthy that’s a steal. Raw they are going for around $250. I’d buy.

Side note...I did not know Deshaun Watson’s Optic rookies were so cheap that’s insane. I’m going to load up.
Dude same here til I just checked the comps on eBay before I bought this lot. They are going for peanuts.

Dude same here til I just checked the comps on eBay before I bought this lot. They are going for peanuts.

Yeah that lot was a good buy, from the looks of that picture it seems like that seller was just a collector who doesn’t care about grading. So I doubt he’s selling cards he thinks are just too bad to grade.

When you look at how much Mahomes is going for, granted yes he won a Super Bowl and does have a MVP. Deshaun has a lot of room for his card prices to increase.

Just seen this thread. Never realized how big card collecting recently got wtf :wow::lol:

I have a couple of signed cards I got from one of those arcade/ticket places in Wildwood when my dad used to take us there some summers. Wonder if they are even real :lol:

I had so many damn cards when I was a kid and have no idea where they are. I remember I had the full 2001 Topps baseball set. I gotta try to find it. Had mostly baseball/football cards, but kinda always liked how the NHL cards looked too

This thread got me wanting to get some packs :lol:

I honestly have sold half my collection to fund my new found love of collecting cards again. Plus it’s a way better investment than sneakers.

I honestly have sold half my collection to fund my new found love of collecting cards again. Plus it’s a way better investment than sneakers.

You really think cards are a better investment than sneakers? Pretty much any Jordan or Dunk from 10-15 years ago is worth two or three times what it sold for then. Meanwhile, cards are still trying to bounce back to the level they were at in the 90’s. If we learned anything from that era, it’s that cards should not be looked at as an investment. To me, the modern card game seems more like playing the lottery or trading penny stocks.

Sold all shoes years ago when I was down bad and had just had my daughter. Been working for myself the past 3 years though and, thankfully, things been good. Been looking for new things to dabble in and put some money. Did this as a kid though so its like riding a bike lol

I’m doing both..I’m only keeping Lebron for the long haul. Every other player is a quick flip.

My goal is to take all of my quick flips and turn them into a Topps Chrome Lebron RC. Don’t really care about grade just want it to display.

You really think cards are a better investment than sneakers? Pretty much any Jordan or Dunk from 10-15 years ago is worth two or three times what it sold for then. Meanwhile, cards are still trying to bounce back to the level they were at in the 90’s. If we learned anything from that era, it’s that cards should not be looked at as an investment. To me, the modern card game seems more like playing the lottery or trading penny stocks.

Nothings guaranteed but the hobbys jumpin right now

I haven't done sneakers in years but, since I'm into sports, this **** fun lol

Maybe if I had a sneak connect but I ain't bout that chasin-releases life personally. Too busy and this I can do from my phone

Mail day. Nothing super crazy but couple things in there
20200620_150146.jpg

Got a lot more coming next week

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom