Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

plansb plansb One of my favorites from my childhood. All of Bo's cards really.

Crazy how those older cards graded 9s and 10s are started to command a premium.

Bo rookies, Barry Sanders etc

Just some pickups that came in the mail yesterday.

2 select Silver Kawhis, got a couple more coming in. And a Lebron 2019 Prizm. These are probably my favorite cards to buy right now.

The Kobe was included with the Bron, I was able to get both for $18 shipped. The kawhis were 38 shipped for both. Unfortunately everything is slightly off center except the Kobe so I’m not planning on getting any of these graded.

L
ED2E53E7-5CD4-4265-90E4-7025011DEB38.jpeg

IMG_20200621_182202.jpg

One of the "joys" is with this hobby it's always about next, next, next. What can I get next? What am I tryna get next. Sometimes you forget some of what you already have.

I've posted a pic with the 3 Score Football already, as I was moving them to a specific box, I started going thru it, I had completely forgot i had this Didi auto RC #'d 199. Not only that, I had ANOTHER 1 of 1, the Richie Shaffer. (Note, my two 1 of 1's are complete nothing's, but oh well :lol: )

The Kopech is #'d to 25, and Senzel to 99.

I was at Target earlier and picked up a Topps Opening Day 10 + 1 pack. All base crap, but the rush was there :lol:

What are the lowest/cheapest level of hobby boxes?

This is turning into a God damn epidemic......

IMG_20200621_212327.jpg

I have ZERO idea I had some of this stuff. They're just in boxes of packs I busted years ago and "forgot".....about? This thing is 3 years old. :lol:

what am I missing?
Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 10.26.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 10.26.05 PM.png

First time diggin into Shaqs stuff (I use to have a ton of all of his rookies as a kid) and was surprised to see such a discrepancy between the PSA 10's and these raw

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 10.29.45 PM.png

Is it just because this is a hard card to get a 10 on with the solid black background? Still dont see why there is this big of gap. I know there is a 1A and 1B for this card, but still not gettin it lol

Last edited:
I was at Target earlier and picked up a Topps Opening Day 10 + 1 pack. All base crap, but the rush was there :lol:

What are the lowest/cheapest level of hobby boxes?

lol always fun bustin packs. I dont know about cheapest but if you can find Bowman at retail thats prob about the best baseball bang for your buck (somebody correct me if Im wrong)

This is turning into a God damn epidemic......

IMG_20200621_212327.jpg

I have ZERO idea I had some of this stuff. They're just in boxes of packs I busted years ago and "forgot".....about? This thing is 3 years old. :lol:

nice. been following McCaffrey since he was dicing up defenses in high school. My favorite RB

"the **** keep callin me man.. it keeps callin me.."

Luka prizm base rookie or Ja silver prizm rookie?

I already have both but got enough left in the "budget" to cop another of either..

leaning towards coppin da Luka, b

lol always fun bustin packs. I dont know about cheapest but if you can find Bowman at retail thats prob about the best baseball bang for your buck (somebody correct me if Im wrong)

Thanks for the tip. I was reading up on retail box vs hobby box and the price difference was way too steep lol. Next time I’m out and about I’ll keep an eye out for some Bowman

Thanks for the tip. I was reading up on retail box vs hobby box and the price difference was way too steep lol. Next time I’m out and about I’ll keep an eye out for some Bowman

What are the major differences?

I remember growing up staying away from copping from WM

What are the major differences?

I remember growing up staying away from copping from WM

From what I understand, retail boxes are the normal ones with regular packs and low odds for inserts. Hobby boxes are made for collectors/specialty shops and have guaranteed inserts/insert packs.

From what I understand, retail boxes are the normal ones with regular packs and low odds for inserts. Hobby boxes are made for collectors/specialty shops and have guaranteed inserts/insert packs.

Seems nothing has really changed then from the late 90s lol

I pulled a few more jerseys, a Kyler RC, and a couple Lock RCs.

Today was like hitting a shop without spending a dime. :lol:

These are the main pulls for the most part, few others I could have put but these were pretty much the best (minus the Locks/Kyler)

IMG_20200621_231900.jpg
IMG_20200621_231657.jpg

"the **** keep callin me man.. it keeps callin me.."

Luka prizm base rookie or Ja silver prizm rookie?

I already have both but got enough left in the "budget" to cop another of either..

leaning towards coppin da Luka, b

Graded or raw?

Personally I’d go with the Silver Ja just because it has a shorter print run than the Luka base and he is going to get some type of bump soon whenever they announce ROTY. But Luka is arguable the hottest player under 24 that isn’t named Zion and is a way safer bet.

Graded or raw?

Personally I’d go with the Silver Ja just because it has a shorter print run than the Luka base and he is going to get some type of bump soon whenever they announce ROTY. But Luka is arguable the hottest player under 24 that isn’t named Zion and is a way safer bet.

I copped the Ja, for precisely that reason. Neither were graded but from the pics, the Ja looks perfect.

I copped the Ja, for precisely that reason. Neither were graded but from the pics, the Ja looks perfect.

Good call, the ceiling for that Ja is higher than that base Luka in my opinion...my biggest regret is not prioritizing silvers over base rc’s months ago.

Lol when I was a kid in the early-mid 90's getting packs with my dad, as far as I can remember the packs were at least 12 cards per and only a few inserts with wild odds.

Yeah exactly lol

It seems the odds are still in hobby’s favor but retail has caught up a little

Good call, the ceiling for that Ja is higher than that base Luka in my opinion...my biggest regret is not prioritizing silvers over base rc’s months ago.

for sure. Bases are still solid but the silvers obviously command a much higher premium. Tbh I only have one Luka and now two Ja silvers, the bulk of what I copped were base rookies because the silvers are so damn expensive.

Idk if they're as popular for football but I grabbed like 20 silver prizm Jerry Jeudys for like $2-$4/each. Gotta be a PSA 10 or two in there for sure and, even though football isnt poppin as much as basketball, I still think theres a lot of room for these to be worth more here as soon as the season gets underway

Yeah exactly lol

It seems the odds are still in hobby’s favor but retail has caught up a little

100%. I never copped anything from retail stores as a kid. Was always from card shops lol Nowadays its definitely a different game from that perspective, even if I havent personally benefitted from finding anything

Back
Top Bottom