Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Only other card worth grading is the Kobe topps. I’m just saying 8 based off the corners and whiting. Could be graded for less but I’m no expert. Gotta see what the surface is like and the other corners and centering. Jordan cards are not worth anything really. The lebron gold bazooka is like a 100 dollar card. Jordan patch is probably 150-200

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg

so the lebron cards are the only ones worth anything ?
you said about $400.00 for the bowman

im looking to move them asap

i also have baseball cards from the 1980s like don mattingly rookie cards
are they worth anything

Last edited:

I recommend checking the sold listings on eBay for your card. If you're trying to move them ASAP, you could get an better idea of how much people are buying them for.

I use 130point.com to gather sale information on eBay

Only other card worth grading is the Kobe topps. I’m just saying 8 based off the corners and whiting. Could be graded for less but I’m no expert. Gotta see what the surface is like and the other corners and centering. Jordan cards are not worth anything really. The lebron gold bazooka is like a 100 dollar card. Jordan patch is probably 150-200

QFT

I didn't even see that Kobe Topps RC yesterday in the pics, but yea that should probably be submitted for grading. Also, the Lebron UD Exclusive deserves consideration

I haven't followed baseball cards since I was maybe like 8 or 9 so I can't offer any advice on that.

its going to take me a minute i got A BUNCH of these baseball cards

what do you think the kobe is worth

This will depend heavily on the grade. A 10 can get you a few grand or more, while anything less will knock it down to less than a grand. I'm no professional grader but the corners seem decent from the pics and centering looks decent as well, but 10s are very difficult these days. Note that historically BGS is more strict on centering than PSA

i would be happy for a pair of deadstock travis scott 1's in size 9 for the kobe and the bowman lebron

the cards are mint

i dont have the patience or trust to send the cards anywhere especially with the coronavirus

no one knows anyplace in manhattan to get the cards graded or find a serious buyer or shop

Mint is a stretch. I come across this all the time with people who think there cards are mint and in great condition. Professional graders will spot anything. Ppl send in cards they think in gem mint condition only to be dissapointed. You can only get cards graded by sending it in directly to the grading companies or go through a third party. If you don’t have the patience, expect to shell out 100 plus for the express level. I based the bowman an 8 just off the corners and whiting. Didn’t even account for surface flaws like scratches, dents, etc. plus I’m horrible at identifying centering. Just don’t set your expectations High to be dissapointed. Speaking from experience

Take more detail pics with it out the top loader and even sleeve. Probably could
Give you a more detailed condition

Mint is a stretch. I come across this all the time with people who think there cards are mint and in great condition. Professional graders will spot anything. Ppl send in cards they think in gem mint condition only to be dissapointed. You can only get cards graded by sending it in directly to the grading companies or go through a third party. If you don’t have the patience, expect to shell out 100 plus for the express level. I based the bowman an 8 just off the corners and whiting. Didn’t even account for surface flaws like scratches, dents, etc. plus I’m horrible at identifying centering. Just don’t set your expectations High to be dissapointed. Speaking from experience

Take more detail pics with it out the top loader and even sleeve. Probably could
Give you a more detailed condition

i understand what your saying if you see any scratches or dents on the card i believe it's the plastic sleeve not the card

i never touched them or took them out of the plastic baggies the cards are in

the only reputable grading companies will require cards to be sent to them, either by you directly or a third party. You wont be able to get them graded by anybody locally. At least from the perspective of attaching value to them. Gotta be either PSA or BGS.

A few people in here recently got cards graded in the same ballpark (and even more) as your Kobe. I get the apprehension but it can be done safely. The quicker you want it to be done the more it'll cost though.

The only other option is to sell them raw as-is.

If you want a good idea of what the grading company might give you the best thing you can do is let us take a look at the cards out of the top loader and sleeve. We should be able to tell you what you could reasonably expect. Might end up being better to just sell them raw. Anything less than 9 (sometimes an 8 ) isnt gonna do anything for you as far as value goes anyway.

Yea that’s the prototypical description on eBay lol. “Fresh out pack straight to sleeve and top loader”Yea unfortunately that’s how cards are, you can open a fresh pack and the cards can already come damaged or not mint grading standards. Grading is all subjective anyway.

the only reputable grading companies will require cards to be sent to them, either by you directly or a third party. You wont be able to get them graded by anybody locally. At least from the perspective of attaching value to them. Gotta be either PSA or BGS.

A few people in here recently got cards graded in the same ballpark (and even more) as your Kobe. I get the apprehension but it can be done safely. The quicker you want it to be done the more it'll cost though.

The only other option is to sell them raw as-is.

If you want a good idea of what the grading company might give you the best thing you can do is let us take a look at the cards out of the top loader and sleeve. We should be able to tell you what you could reasonably expect. Might end up being better to just sell them raw. Anything less than 9 (sometimes an 8 ) isnt gonna do anything for you as far as value goes anyway.

from what you see of the kobe what do you think is the best offer i can get
i called a card shop in manhattan he asked me to email him pics

im sure im going to get lowballed
thumbnail (1) (1).jpg
thumbnail (2) (1).jpg

i dont even remember what i paid for the card anything over 200 is a come up

but i would like a fair value

That Topps Kobe is about to go to the moon...I’m in a couple sport card discord’s and they been buying all the PSA 9’s of that card they can find.

They started when they were around $400 now it’s pushing $700

Back
Top Bottom