Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

I've sent in a bunch of those lebron bowmans last year. I was buying them for 50-70 bucks on COMC and ebay. Had to go thru alot of cards to pick out 9s and maybe 10s. Its a b%$^%h to grade with the sratches, soft corners, chipping and the damn centering but gotten 10s. No way you are getting an 8 on that card. I've gotten back better looking 8 cards that look better than that and I haven't seen the surface of your card yet.

Hit a biiiiiig raffle, gents. Had to show you all.

20200730_223217.jpg

FaintAdoredGarpike-size_restricted.gif

Attachments

• 1596223824065.jpeg
    1596223824065.jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 185
Yea I was being extra generous saying it was an 8 lol, plus you actually have the card and from your experience. Like I mentioned surface will take it down even more. Soft corners with whiting on it.
psa grades difficult on these older cards but man it was a challenging finding respectable lebron bowman cards to send in. I usually write down my expected grades for each card before sending it in and alot of times me and the psa grader agree. If not i'll snap it out and resend it lol

psa grades difficult on these older cards but man it was a challenging finding respectable lebron bowman cards to send in. I usually write down my expected grades for each card before sending it in and alot of times me and the psa grader agree. If not i'll snap it out and resend it lol

have you ever resent a 9 or something and got a 10 later? I swear my Luka Prizm PSA 9 looks just as good as my 10. And Ive fine-tooth combed every square inch of the damn card

have you ever resent a 9 or something and got a 10 later? I swear my Luka Prizm PSA 9 looks just as good as my 10. And Ive fine-tooth combed every square inch of the damn card
yup. it just depends on the grader. In my heart if I believe its a 10 and gotten a 9, I'll snap it out and resend it. The most I have resend 1 card was 3 times. It was the base 2005 topps aaron rodgers and it finally came back a 10s....Speaking of which, that card is starting to climb. 10s could of been had for 70 bucks months ago

160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep I asked you what you wanted in our PM fam lol
I've sent in a bunch of those lebron bowmans last year. I was buying them for 50-70 bucks on COMC and ebay. Had to go thru alot of cards to pick out 9s and maybe 10s. Its a b%$^%h to grade with the sratches, soft corners, chipping and the damn centering but gotten 10s. No way you are getting an 8 on that card. I've gotten back better looking 8 cards that look better than that and I haven't seen the surface of your card yet.

so what do you think I can get for the bowmans

and also what would you say I could get the for kobe rookie

That Topps Kobe is about to go to the moon...I’m in a couple sport card discord’s and they been buying all the PSA 9’s of that card they can find.

They started when they were around $400 now it’s pushing $700
I need to get that card before its too late

I want an auto Kobe just to have

anyone know where I can find an affordable one? :lol:

It’s basically market manipulation

I had one in my watch list at 550 and hesitated. Gone. I sold my last couple Optic boxes and I’m going to use those funds to see if I can get one for around 650 ish before it’s really too late.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan A kobe auto is something i wish I had too. dont even care what on or anything. just something

Kobe Topps looks discolored etc.

Tbh if you’re worried already about all this I’d say it’s not worth the possible $100 to grade the cards (and that’s per card) and get 8s and under. Just sell them raw on eBay etc.

Btw selling some things for a 2003 Lebron rookie - graded or not doesn’t matter (good condition of course) send some my way or link me.

So far with Topps Project I have 17 cards...the last one I received in the mail was card #96. I read on BCF that Topps ran out of one touches which caused the delay, and they have printed all the way through 150. They got an order of 500k one touches in this week and expect another order in next week. I think this is true cause I have received 5 shipping notifications this week.
The last card I got was the Fucci Thomas and I love it. My favorite Thomas so far. He is/was my favorite player growing up so I plan to get all the Thomas cards in the set. Thus far other two favorite cards are the Chang Robinson and the Oldmanalan Clemente.
9B7455FD-E05D-497E-A833-F7E51D8101F8.jpeg
I am dissapointed in Topps with the execution of some cards, especially the Don C ones. His designs look awesome on screen, but in hand look horrible. Especially the Thomas and the Ripken. If Topps had dared to use foil with those cards they would have been two of the best in the set.

So far with Topps Project I have 17 cards...the last one I received in the mail was card #96. I read on BCF that Topps ran out of one touches which caused the delay, and they have printed all the way through 150. They got an order of 500k one touches in this week and expect another order in next week. I think this is true cause I have received 5 shipping notifications this week.
The last card I got was the Fucci Thomas and I love it. My favorite Thomas so far. He is/was my favorite player growing up so I plan to get all the Thomas cards in the set. Thus far other two favorite cards are the Chang Robinson and the Oldmanalan Clemente.
9B7455FD-E05D-497E-A833-F7E51D8101F8.jpeg
I am dissapointed in Topps with the execution of some cards, especially the Don C ones. His designs look awesome on screen, but in hand look horrible. Especially the Thomas and the Ripken. If Topps had dared to use foil with those cards they would have been two of the best in the set.
Agree that they could have done a better job with some of the cards. Mainly baller and don c cards.

Had no idea there was a card thread here. Used to collect for fun a lot back in the day. Finally getting these brons ready to send off for grading along with some melo/wade chrome rookies and a couple random jordans that are worth decent money. Hoping for 9+ with PSA on those brons. The one on the right has horrible centering though. Will definitely be checking into this thread more often since my buddies and I still open boxes once in a while

9FAD7A76-C4E6-4EBD-94D5-A1E104DCD0A1.jpeg

98C05E91-E1D3-4369-8A91-EF5D18C19176.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom