Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

20200807_161737.jpg

Latest raffle win. :smokin

I don’t want to be that guy, but lebron base prizms this year have gone up 300-400% in like the last week. These are base cards.
Look at Lukas second year cards. They’ve shot up, because people are priced out of his RC’s. I remember walking into Walmart on Saturday mornings and buying only a couple of packs of 18-19 chronicles And leaving much behind me.
I’m too young to remember the junk wax era, so I can’t really relate it to the market we’re in. But nithing makes sense anymore. Hype truly kills

Junk wax was diff.

Junk wax was every brand had a dozen diff bases.

Upper Deck, SP, MVP various others.
Topps, Chrome, 1st edition, Tiffany, Stadium Club, Finest + more
Donruss
Score
Fleer, Ultra, Tradition, etc
Bowman, Chrome etc
Pacific
Pro Set
Pinnacle

That was for all 3 sports (and some hockey)

Every week had multiple releases. Nonstop. There's tons of others I'm forgetting.

Market was flooded with product. I remember being angry at how much there was, rising costs to keep up etc.

Not so much of a junk era issues with abundant brands, options etc but rather the issue is grading I guess. Graded cards are just sooooo highly priced compared to the raw so everyone seems to be grading anything and everything.

Some don’t even evaluate or even prep the card, just send it in and hope cause it was freshly pulled and they’ll think it’ll gem. Quality control on these cards have been terrible lately.

I let off when the 98-99 season started. Too many brands and sets available for basketball, just said ahhh screw it.

Miss those days when we have different companies competing for your $. Upper Deck Collectors choice were sold for less than a $1 in some 7-Eleven stores.

Every brand had a distinct style. Panini nowadays puts zero effort in their basketball products, or maybe I’m just nostalgic.

Miss those days when we have different companies competing for your $. Upper Deck Collectors choice were sold for less than a $1 in some 7-Eleven stores.

Every brand had a distinct style. Panini nowadays puts zero effort in their basketball products, or maybe I’m just nostalgic.

I completely agree - it may saturate the market but IMO made it better

The grades don’t really mean **** Sometimes unfortunately. I’ve seen some bad ones and just got this psa 10 in the other day. I’ve gotta start looking at the card more than the grade when buying graded. I’m really unhappy with this card, but it’s my fault for buying. It’s off center too. No idea how it got a 10.
69C1B1FF-DBC0-4D10-A905-22FE4D0EC19D.jpeg

Like someone mentioned before you can’t take the human element out of grading. You can get lucky and have a grader who got laid on the weekend and won a scratch off or won a lot of money gambling. Or you can get a grader that day who has a bad day and needs to get laid or they had just broke up with their gf.

The grades don’t really mean **** Sometimes unfortunately. I’ve seen some bad ones and just got this psa 10 in the other day. I’ve gotta start looking at the card more than the grade when buying graded. I’m really unhappy with this card, but it’s my fault for buying. It’s off center too. No idea how it got a 10.
69C1B1FF-DBC0-4D10-A905-22FE4D0EC19D.jpeg
damn that is terrible. Its just how it goes sometimes. You should see some of beckett snap outs I have come across :sick:. Worst grading out of the big 3. Will never pay to get my cards graded with them. Its just psa and sgc for me

Bruh I’m not hating, but your whole address is visible. Either blur the address or take it down.

You saw what happened to Pop Smoke. Never trust people on the internet
I posted my cars in the cars thread a few years ago and a mofo dug up my address. Talked to a dude from nt who I saw at a car meet who just lurks the car thread. He recognized me from my car I posted. Got rid of my screen name and went back to my og one. There were people asking me to post my high end collection a few months ago and I said yeah right lol.

I posted my cars in the cars thread a few years ago and a mofo dug up my address. Talked to a dude from nt who I saw at a car meet who just lurks the car thread. He recognized me from my car I posted. Got rid of my screen name and went back to my og one. There were people asking me to post my high end collection a few months ago and I said yeah right lol.

yea man, I just keep a low profile on the internet in general to be safe. I don’t even do social media cause of nosy people/coworkers/recruiters.

MambaForever MambaForever thanks for the heads up g

no doubt

Back
Top Bottom