Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

I was going through some of my old stuff last night and through my higher end rookies that haven’t been graded yet. And just remembering just how beautiful and classic some of that Topps Chrome, Topps Finest, and Bowman’s Best stuff was. Just beautiful. The chromium made reds on Bulls Jerseys, and Purple on Lakers jerseys, and other colorful jerseys just POP. Man, I always made it a point to pick up the Chrome and Finest rookies of players...and looking at the prices on them now...it’s a damn good thing I did.

LCS yesterday.
PXL_20210314_014731565.jpg

PXL_20210314_015014594.jpg

Pulled this from one of the Donruss boxes.
PXL_20210314_025101940.jpg

Just a couple Kobe Chromes
PXL_20210314_024931022.jpg

The best of my Tua's (so far)
PXL_20210314_030313364.jpg

Donruss isn't great, but a lot of fun parallels and variations.
PXL_20210314_050900184.jpg

As someone that's just looking to get back into cards is it fair to say Prizm > Optic in terms of desirability, value. etc.?

As someone that's just looking to get back into cards is it fair to say Prizm > Optic in terms of desirability, value. etc.?

yes.
I could see Select taking over in value in a couple years due to high pop numbers of prizm and select only being carried by hobby

Yes, but they're close. Thats also been the most recent history but you never know what the hobby will deem as the top product 5-10 years from now

I opened this years Prizm and Optic football and I liked the look of Optic a lot more.

As someone who is looking to get back into the hobby, I would say this.....dont. lol

Just kidding. But in all seriousness, the card game is out of control right now. In spite of some stories in here, it is next to impossible to find anything for retail prices. And when you pay resellers prices, its a virtual lock that you wont be getting your money back. Just praying for big hits.

I stick to baseball mostly. Basketball and Football prices are laughably overpriced.

Buying singles is the best move. Searching for retail isn't worth it in most areas now. Limits, a lot of competition, vendors switching schedules and/or backdooring product. Early 2020 I used to be able to clear 3 Walmarts each week. Now I'm down to 1 that has been real inconsistent with stocking (specifically football products).

As someone who is looking to get back into the hobby, I would say this.....dont. lol

Just kidding. But in all seriousness, the card game is out of control right now. In spite of some stories in here, it is next to impossible to find anything for retail prices. And when you pay resellers prices, its a virtual lock that you wont be getting your money back. Just praying for big hits.

I stick to baseball mostly. Basketball and Football prices are laughably overpriced.
Speaking of which how much are the actual retail prices for football and basketball blaster and mega boxes? I’ve only ever seen the prices at hobby shops and other places online which I’m assuming have been marked up considerably.

So. Maybe fun (maybe not) question. What is the most coveted (maybe not even value wise) card in your collection? Mine is of course my first Mike rookie. I finally got it in 2012 for like 800 in a BCCG 9. At the time I was still even years in not big on the grading thing, and it looked great so I bought it. A year later I got a PSA 8 for like $950. But that first one is still it for me because it was obtaining my grail since I first started collecting over 20 years earlier. So what is yours?

So. Maybe fun (maybe not) question. What is the most coveted (maybe not even value wise) card in your collection? Mine is of course my first Mike rookie. I finally got it in 2012 for like 800 in a BCCG 9. At the time I was still even years in not big on the grading thing, and it looked great so I bought it. A year later I got a PSA 8 for like $950. But that first one is still it for me because it was obtaining my grail since I first started collecting over 20 years earlier. So what is yours?

Damn nice pick ups man. I always wanted a Jordan rookie but I stopped collecting in like 96 and then never picked one up when I could have, later on in life.

Most coveted card I have right now is a Luka Courtside PSA 10

Might be down for this. How much we bringing boys

idk good question lol not 100% in stone yet but hoping to slide out there for a couple days w/ br0keballer br0keballer

Hit a restock but just missed the football/basketball :sick:
20210317_150311.jpg

Pokemons for my sons, the Prizm is trade bait and the penny sleeves are for me lol

Had more Prizm but ran into a stealth secret service agent Target employee bully lmao

Lil mailday too - Blue /99
20210317_151947.jpg

I know the Ja markets cooled (he needs to work on his jumper), but I couldnt pass this up for the price

Zions been flourishing tho. Got a Courtside incoming of his

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom