Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

yesterday i waited with a bunch of guys at walmart and was surprised by how friendly everyone was. mix of younger and older guys waiting for the vendor who never came. (ouch)

even though the shelves never got stocked i learned a lot from those guys and how they find stuff. like i was genuinely surprised that these dudes put that much work into finding sports cards. theyre on their phones texting and calling buddies who are at other locations to see what the vendors cycle is.

they said to come back tomorrow because she’s in tuesdays and thursdays so i’ll probably see whats up before i start work

yesterday i waited with a bunch of guys at walmart and was surprised by how friendly everyone was. mix of younger and older guys waiting for the vendor who never came. (ouch)

even though the shelves never got stocked i learned a lot from those guys and how they find stuff. like i was genuinely surprised that these dudes put that much work into finding sports cards. theyre on their phones texting and calling buddies who are at other locations to see what the vendors cycle is.

they said to come back tomorrow because she’s in tuesdays and thursdays so i’ll probably see whats up before i start work

yeah every area is going to be different but, generally speaking, its gonna be really hard to get anything unless you you happen to be there when they're stocking or shortly thereafter. Its cutthroat.

I have a few stores in my vicinity and so I just check those on Tuesdays and Thursdays (the day Target usually stocks, although that can also change from week to week). Never had to deal with any line or waiting around thankfully.

This why we can't find anything, douchebags like this. :stoneface:

Screenshot_20210317-200702.png

Yeah I cant be mad. Tbh you dont know how they obtained that. For all we know, some of that could have even been bought on the after market. And even if it was all bought retail.

Hobbys super hot right now.

Obviously I aint w/ the backdoor shenanigans, but on an even playing field - it is what it is. I cant even be mad. I got my own stash that Ive purchased, fair and square

Last edited:
There’s guys in this thread who probably have bigger stashes than that. Can’t even knock the hustle at this point
I just hate all the hard search/leg work I’ve put in the last 3 months and not landing a single thing.
i think I’ve wasted so much time and money on gas. Kinda hurts thinking about it haha

I just hate all the hard search/leg work I’ve put in the last 3 months and not landing a single thing.
i think I’ve wasted so much time and money on gas. Kinda hurts thinking about it haha

Did you ask any employees/managers? You really need the intel other wise you'll just be spinnin your wheels. Even then, nothings guaranteed, but at least youll increase your odds.

First couple months I didnt find anything but once I nailed down general time/day Ive been able to score pretty frequently, even if they've limited me

Stop by on stock days that I’ve been going to in the past.

They switch them up and if so always tons of dudes waiting around. No thanks. Not for me anymore.

But I still continue to stop by fml.

Stop by on stock days that I’ve been going to in the past.

They switch them up and if so always tons of dudes waiting around. No thanks. Not for me anymore.

But I still continue to stop by fml.

Yeah I couldnt imagine some of yalls cities.

My main Target is 2 min from the crib and Im literally in n out in 2 min. Theres never been a line. Probably moreso becuz there isnt a hard time/day

Yeah I couldnt imagine some of yalls cities.

My main Target is 2 min from the crib and Im literally in n out in 2 min. Theres never been a line. Probably moreso becuz there isnt a hard time/day

I have a Target and 2 Walmarts all within 5 minutes of my house... but neither Walmart carries cards anymore, and the Target never seems to get ****.

Did you ask any employees/managers? You really need the intel other wise you'll just be spinnin your wheels. Even then, nothings guaranteed, but at least youll increase your odds.

First couple months I didnt find anything but once I nailed down general time/day Ive been able to score pretty frequently, even if they've limited me
Yeah I have asked different employees at each location. Their response is they never know when the stockist comes in and suggests coming in another truck day. I don’t blame them for that info, vendors usually change up their schedules here and there anyway from what I’ve researched.

gotta take it with a grain of salt lol my last score was back in December 2020 haha

finally snagged retail! came to walmart 10 minutes before the vendor stocked and everyone basically got one of everything.

this was all after a bunch of guys waiting for cards told me tuesday that she usually comes that day and thursday, so she did pull through in the end. she only got 14 hoops blasters though, no football or baseball and a lot of pokemon
5322C7FB-0E81-4544-BE53-6ACE12BBFBFC.jpeg

Meant eBay ...as far as selling cards heard the state taxes and fees are a b....

They are. Is what it is though, I dont really sweat it. The platform still gets the most eyeballs on your cards.

It also depends on what you're selling. If you have some monsters you could always go the auction house route like Goldin, but youre still gonna pay fees.

FB/IG buying/selling is really popular but , unless you're doing an in-person deal, you're still gonna deal with PP fees. You can get around sales tax this way though, as well as ebay fees

There is also the Blowout forums. I havent bought anything on there but Ive sold stuff, at least 15 transactions or so. Again, still Paypal fees.

At the end of the day, Ebay is still the only place that you can get anything off, at market value (minus fees of course lol)

Cracked open an NFL Optic Mega tonight... Only real notables.

Opened a few Hoops Cellos, and a Topshots pack too. Hit that IG and you can find a replay of my Twitch stream on there if y'all interested.

IMG_20210318_222544.jpg

This thread has become nothing but retail talk. I wonder if the majority of people know the difference anymore. So many people going to regret spending all this time and money on non numbered, no auto base. With the PSA price increases it just makes all this base that much less desirable as it’s a 10 or bust.

This thread has become nothing but retail talk. I wonder if the majority of people know the difference anymore. So many people going to regret spending all this time and money on non numbered, no auto base. With the PSA price increases it just makes all this base that much less desirable as it’s a 10 or bust.

Hobby is so expensive now retail is honestly a lot of people's only option (me included) I'm just not spending 1k+ on a hobby box.

Back
Top Bottom