Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

I may have asked. Are hobby stores selling out? Why aren’t 5-6 dudes splitting a $1,000 hobby box? This retail stuff is peanuts. But I’m guessing they’re just flipping packs. They’d line up for bottled water and generators if they could flip for 5-500% lol.

My area of a million plus has two or two sports shops and they’re always posting what’s available to buy. Seems weird target has lines and real shops are sitting on product.

Target has 2021 heritage jumbo 4 pack bundle for sale online as well as heritage blaster boxes bought 3 of each.

Are hobby stores selling out? Why aren’t 5-6 dudes splitting a $1,000 hobby box?

Because the discrepancy between a hobby box price and retail price is so wide.

Most people that buy a $2k Prizm b ball hobby box come away with $150 in cards. If you can find them, you can buy a Prizm blaster for $20.

These hobby boxes have some exclusive inserts/etc, but most retail has enough stuff (autos, color/silver, numbered cards on down to 1 of 1's,etc) to make it a more desirable cop/rip/flip than hobby.

I may have asked. Are hobby stores selling out? Why aren’t 5-6 dudes splitting a $1,000 hobby box? This retail stuff is peanuts. But I’m guessing they’re just flipping packs. They’d line up for bottled water and generators if they could flip for 5-500% lol.

My area of a million plus has two or two sports shops and they’re always posting what’s available to buy. Seems weird target has lines and real shops are sitting on product.

hobby boxes and LCS have been 2k+
Watch a couple breaks and lmk if you would pay that.

Interesting times. Thanks for the info. I was into cards decades ago. I even had a spot at a card show one year. I’m sort of keen on what’s happening or what has happened. Usually the gems hit hobby boxes hard and not the retail packs. But the price difference may be driving that too. I always was on top of insert odds and such. Are people following those much too? Pulling some of what I’ve seen out of retail blasters defies the odds. Something seems off

and to be honest, I see their FB POST, and wonder why they haven’t sold out or why they even made a fb post. But it makes sense now. They’re over priced.

Could not get any prizm at all!! The Bay Area is cooked. My select hobby did come in though!
5537E2A5-DC55-49EC-85F2-F41BC0C4F099.jpeg

It’s been a group of resellers following my vendor from the other Walmart’s she stocks that are about 2 hrs+ out to mine. Going into the Walmart and camping out.

First time I saw them was like 3 weeks ago. I went a full year without seeing another soul and now the vultures have appeared. It was good while it lasted but I’m not standing in a Walmart for hours on end to split blasters and only walk away with like 4 boxes.

Going to the beach with 75+ degree weather and women > standing in a stuffy Walmart with neck beards for cardboard.

Nothing will ever beat having actual cards in hand but this is interesting and inevitable:

Topps Debuts its First MLB Baseball Card NFT Collection With Topps Series 1 Baseball Launch

Posted in: Topps News
By Topps
Topps Debuts its First MLB Baseball Card NFT Collection With Topps Series 1 Baseball Launch
SET WILL BE RELEASED IN CONJUNCTION WITH MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AND MLB PLAYERS, INC., AND MARKS THE FIRST TIME A TOPPS BASEBALL CARD SET WILL LIVE ON BLOCKCHAIN
NEW YORK, NY — April 12, 2021 — The Topps Company today announced the release of 2021 Topps Series 1 Baseball NFT (non-fungible token) collectibles, ushering in a new era of baseball card collecting in partnership with Major League Baseball and MLB Players, Inc. Launching Tuesday, April 20 at 1PM ET, Topps will build on its legacy as an innovator of digital collectibles by releasing its flagship yearly baseball card collection for the first time as NFTs. Artwork from the physical 2021 Topps Series 1 Baseball release, including iconic throwback card templates, anniversary sets and more, will be digitally enhanced and creatively reimagined as officially licensed Topps MLB NFT collectibles.
“The partnership between Major League Baseball, MLB Players, Inc. and Topps has delighted collectors and fans for generations, celebrating the legendary players and iconic moments that have defined America’s Pastime,” said Tobin Lent, VP & General Manager of Topps Digital Sports & Entertainment at The Topps Company. “Our MLB blockchain NFT series debut marks a historic moment in the modern evolution of collecting for both traditional and new collectors. We’re excited to bring almost a decade’s worth of digital collectibles innovations to 2021 Topps Series 1 and provide another fun avenue for fans to collect their favorite heroes and moments with secure digital ownership on the blockchain.”
“Generations of Major League Baseball fans have expressed their passion for the sport and the players through Topps baseball cards. We are thrilled to see Topps extend that experience through NFTs,” said Jamie Leece, Senior Vice President, Major League Baseball Games & VR.
The Topps Series 1 Baseball NFT release will include standard and premium collectible packs for purchase, with card rarities ranging from Common to Legendary and even Legendary Limited-Edition 1-of-1 Platinum Anniversary cards. Collectors will be delighted to find all types of NFT collectibles in this release including motion graphics, nostalgic card templates and other digital flourishes that provide deeper engagement.
“As collectibles enjoy a breakout moment with NFTs and blockchain technology, we can’t think of a better way to honor the legendary players from years past and look forward to the incredible careers ahead of today’s stars and breakout rookies,” said Evan Kaplan, Managing Director of MLB Players, Inc. “These Topps cards offer a new innovative way for today’s collectors and fans to connect with their favorite stars.”
Topps has been bringing digital collectibles to market since 2012, with the launch and continued growth of their suite of mobile sports and entertainment digital collectibles apps, including their flagship baseball app, Topps® BUNT®. With this release, Topps Series 1 joins a rapidly growing collection of officially licensed Topps NFT collectibles on blockchain.
In celebration of the monumental release, the first 10,000 people who sign up to receive email alerts for Topps Series 1 are eligible to receive a free, exclusive Topps MLB Opening Day NFT Pack. To learn more about the release and to enroll in the Opening Day NFT Pack air drop event, collectors can visit here. Sale begins on Tuesday, April 20 at 1PM ET until sold out. For more information on Topps and for future announcements about Topps MLB releases, visit the Topps App's website, or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
mlb_blockchain_pressrelease_MLBxTopps_4.11.jpg

Been to target both weeks now for 8am. First week got soccer packs and some Donruss NBA stuff. Last week got there at 7:15 was 9th in line, got a Prizm and some other small things. Dudes were there at 2am and got the same stuff as me lol.

Going back tomorrow. Hopefully it's not too. bad. The guys in front last week kept a "list" and I was praying they didn't add 10-15 of their friends to the list and they roll up right at 8 and hop in line.

Damn, 3 per each item limit? My local did 1 per item limit last week. Its a snowstorm in Denver right now, wonder how many people actually lined up

I was 8th in line at my local Target this morning. I got there at 4:30 AM...
IMG_20210416_081231.jpg

Damn.. 3 per?! Nice.

I went to the same target I've been going to for the past two weeks. This week I went at the same time, about 7ish. Was 23rd in line instead of top 10. Guess secret is out.

Was able to get a Prizm and a Hidden Fates Pokemon. They had 8 of NFL select and rest was all hockey. Guess I'll try next week.

Mlb topps heritage on fanatics

What’s the retail on the NBA prizm hobby boxes? they going for $1700-$1800 . How much are they earning per flip

Back
Top Bottom