Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Good luck on your pulls! I’ve been reading it’s hard to pull alts…
B7299211-82ED-4129-B463-FAF876F57C1B.jpeg

Had a great case and did manage to snag an alt art

Nice! Wow just one in a case of booster boxes? Hard pulls….

We want fat Pikachu and the gold trainergalleries the most!

Nice! Wow just one in a case of booster boxes? Hard pulls….

We want fat Pikachu and the gold trainergalleries the most!
Yeah, so six booster boxes. I agree we were super happy with the results. Two of the six were pretty bad but the other four felt totally loaded. This was our first time ripping a whole case and it’ll be hard to go back to loose boosters 🤣

Im with you on the gold pikachu. Super awesome card. I think we’re going to try to complete the set and buy singles except for maybe the other alt arts unless they come down in price. I for sure want to complete set of trainer galleries though.

Are you planning to rip more boosters?

My son and I opened up a case of Battle Styles expansion set trying to get the Tyranitar alternate card (https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/234060/pokemon-swsh05-battle-styles-tyranitar-v-alternate-full-art) and we didn’t pull it and it came out 🤦🏽‍♂️

It’s so hard to complete a set, we have yet to complete one! My son goes through phases where he likes to open Pokémon/sports cards as well, so I just go buy whatever he likes 👍🏽
Ya completing a set from ripping is tough. Still always a blast opening and sorting through everything. I want the gengar alt art from fusion strike and I think I’m just gonna buy it off eBay instead of getting boxes. We’ve got a big project now with sorting this case and putting into a binder etc.

We’re trying to get my son into playing the card game so he can enjoy the commons instead of them just sitting around. Either way it’s super nice to do something along with your kid that you enjoy. My parents couldn’t really afford that type of stuff, so now that I can I’m really enjoying doing it as a family. I’m sure your son will always have great memories of opening cards with you.

I’m having a son in December (my first child!) and excited to open packs, go to card shows and collect shoes with him

Just need to be cautious with spoiling him 😂😂
Congrats to you and your wife! Most amazing experience there is.

With you on the spoiling, though. It’s tough to strike a balance.

ozboi ozboi what a lucky little lad - I remember receiving a pack of cards every Friday if I got 100% on my spelling test 😂😂 was a smart move by my parents
He is… I didn’t have a lot growing up and he is our one and only so we spoil him rotten but still teach him right from wrong.

Ya completing a set from ripping is tough. Still always a blast opening and sorting through everything. I want the gengar alt art from fusion strike and I think I’m just gonna buy it off eBay instead of getting boxes. We’ve got a big project now with sorting this case and putting into a binder etc.

We’re trying to get my son into playing the card game so he can enjoy the commons instead of them just sitting around. Either way it’s super nice to do something along with your kid that you enjoy. My parents couldn’t really afford that type of stuff, so now that I can I’m really enjoying doing it as a family. I’m sure your son will always have great memories of opening cards with you.
Man I feel you on everything you’re saying my bro 👌🏽 Keep on doing a good job with your little one 🤙🏽

I’m having a son in December (my first child!) and excited to open packs, go to card shows and collect shoes with him

Congrats!

Congrats. First son coming for me in late Jan but already have my 2 girls - toddlers still.

Delicate balance though. Definitely trying to mindful of not spoiling them and wanting to engrain in them some sort of work ethic.

Oh wow they dropped the ball big time. Even the make up packs aren’t going to benefit people who bought boxes at shows or other places with no paper trail

Got a few Judge PSA 10 rookies I keep demeaning to check on
His stuff still seems undervalued IMO. May try to pick some up in the off-season. People will be talking about the season he’s having decades from now, can’t say that about many of the guys commanding high dollars right now.

Back
Top Bottom