Anyone else ever do this? Vol Craigslist lowballers

lmao i lowballed the hell outta my first car, but i had been watching the dude slowly lower the price for weeks so it was almost a sure thing.. it's just the nature of craigslist..

i see where you're coming from but karma.

what if the buyer doesn't know about said item and came across your listing accidentally? they begin to offer you something they feel is reasonable. i tell people some of my kicks are $300 usd market value and as much as $1000. they think it's ridiculous.

truth is, some people genuinely don't know. and you screwed em. could've been somebody's grandmother trying to surprise their grandson. or somebody new to the game. or just a random john smith.

i see where you're coming from but karma.

what if the buyer doesn't know about said item and came across your listing accidentally? they begin to offer you something they feel is reasonable. i tell people some of my kicks are $300 usd market value and as much as $1000. they think it's ridiculous.

truth is, some people genuinely don't know. and you screwed em. could've been somebody's grandmother trying to surprise their grandson. or somebody new to the game. or just a random john smith.

Why not just stop posting on CL since you know everyone lowballs on their. Why not ebay? Oh cause you are too cheap to pay their fees like people are too cheap to pay your asking price. Your time obviously inst that valuable if your wasting it setting up these chases.

Why not just stop posting on CL since you know everyone lowballs on their. Why not ebay? Oh cause you are too cheap to pay their fees like people are too cheap to pay your asking price. Your time obviously inst that valuable if your wasting it setting up these chases.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

If you are selling on Craigslist, you are already taking an L, IMO.  It's a free market, and with this %#*+%* up economy don't expect to get top dollar especially when it comes to shoes.  People on B/S, eBay, Craigslist are selling their collections with 2004-2006 prices (
laugh.gif
).

The thing with Craigslist is that it's a buyers market, not a sellers market.  People feel empowered to negotiate, because frankly they can't negotiate with Target, Best Buy, Footlocker, etc.  They could negotiate with you because 1) You need money 2) You need space 3)You don't need what you are selling  4) You don't want what you are selling.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

If you are selling on Craigslist, you are already taking an L, IMO.  It's a free market, and with this %#*+%* up economy don't expect to get top dollar especially when it comes to shoes.  People on B/S, eBay, Craigslist are selling their collections with 2004-2006 prices (
laugh.gif
).

The thing with Craigslist is that it's a buyers market, not a sellers market.  People feel empowered to negotiate, because frankly they can't negotiate with Target, Best Buy, Footlocker, etc.  They could negotiate with you because 1) You need money 2) You need space 3)You don't need what you are selling  4) You don't want what you are selling.

If I know I want 200$ for something I'm selling, I'll post it for $220 (or something a little higher than 200). I'll see if anyone hits me up, and if they do and want to buy it for 220 then cool. If they try to pull the "will you take $200?" Then thats cool too since I was already looking for $200 for the item. Just a suggestion.

If I know I want 200$ for something I'm selling, I'll post it for $220 (or something a little higher than 200). I'll see if anyone hits me up, and if they do and want to buy it for 220 then cool. If they try to pull the "will you take $200?" Then thats cool too since I was already looking for $200 for the item. Just a suggestion.

You should actually put "Price is firm. If you lowball me, I will agree to sale and stand you up" in your ad.

You should actually put "Price is firm. If you lowball me, I will agree to sale and stand you up" in your ad.

this is the funniest thing i read all day.
im in tears. i could imagine how mad they will b after driving 45 min and not gettin there stuff!

hahahhahahaa

this is the funniest thing i read all day.
im in tears. i could imagine how mad they will b after driving 45 min and not gettin there stuff!

hahahhahahaa

Originally Posted by nikeskywalker

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

be careful man, gonna piss off the wrong dude someday.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
   i've been thinking someone might offer me my actual price and be like "im the guy who lowballed you that you sent to the middle of nowhere"   i had one dude ask me for gas money after he went from glendale to compton,  i told him he saved the money he ended up keeping since he didn't get shoes, that's his gas money.
roll.gif

damn thats a far drive for nothing be careful someone that u could of sent on a wild goose hunt might call u from another number to re meet up make it sound legit then get u for wastin their time the last time

Originally Posted by nikeskywalker

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

be careful man, gonna piss off the wrong dude someday.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
   i've been thinking someone might offer me my actual price and be like "im the guy who lowballed you that you sent to the middle of nowhere"   i had one dude ask me for gas money after he went from glendale to compton,  i told him he saved the money he ended up keeping since he didn't get shoes, that's his gas money.
roll.gif

damn thats a far drive for nothing be careful someone that u could of sent on a wild goose hunt might call u from another number to re meet up make it sound legit then get u for wastin their time the last time

You're just being petty and you're worst than the lowballers IMO. Grow up. If you let things like this get to you, you'll never make it in the 'real world.'

You're just being petty and you're worst than the lowballers IMO. Grow up. If you let things like this get to you, you'll never make it in the 'real world.'

Back
Top Bottom