Anyone else have different accents around different ethnic groups?

ev209 wrote:  "my name is not buddy
indifferent.gif
, tall coffee please"
laugh.gif
 na mine nevr changes

Originally Posted by airbornho

beh235, I see what you're saying. It's just one of my peeves when people say they have 'no accent' because it isn't true

I see your point. And yes we do have some sort of accent, unless we sound like robots lol. But yeah, that was the gist of what I was saying, I just wanted dude to be himself, nothing more. Sad thing is, at his core, he was a cool dude. He didn't need all that. My pet peeve is spelling, and yet, I still frequent the boards
laugh.gif

beh235, I see what you're saying. It's just one of my peeves when people say they have 'no accent' because it isn't true

I see your point. And yes we do have some sort of accent, unless we sound like robots lol. But yeah, that was the gist of what I was saying, I just wanted dude to be himself, nothing more. Sad thing is, at his core, he was a cool dude. He didn't need all that. My pet peeve is spelling, and yet, I still frequent the boards
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No hard feelings there, I definitely agree with the spelling thing. Yeah, there's definitely a difference between speaking in a certain way naturally and just sounding forced. When it comes to english I switch up my vocab and tone pretty often depending on who I'm talking to and the situation, but not enough where it's like I'm trying to blend in and I don't try to sound like a fob from a different country, I just like the diversity and variations that are to be had with different people and cultures. And flipping the meaning of words and phrases is just fun. I'm a dork like that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No hard feelings there, I definitely agree with the spelling thing. Yeah, there's definitely a difference between speaking in a certain way naturally and just sounding forced. When it comes to english I switch up my vocab and tone pretty often depending on who I'm talking to and the situation, but not enough where it's like I'm trying to blend in and I don't try to sound like a fob from a different country, I just like the diversity and variations that are to be had with different people and cultures. And flipping the meaning of words and phrases is just fun. I'm a dork like that.
laugh.gif

my friend from st croix does this...when she is talking to her family she speaks broken english.

my friend from st croix does this...when she is talking to her family she speaks broken english.

Back
Top Bottom