Anyone Else Not Give a **** About the Troops?

Bought a troop his coffee today. Y’all mad bruhs?

That’s wassup 👍

I was in line at the grocery store and stumbled on the cashier mentioning that he was a veteran who finished his army life in 1986. The guy he was talking to did his thing in the mid 00’s. It was cool to see them dap each other up. Funny thing is the younger dude was like “86? Oh wow, I was born in 1985 sir” :lol:

Happy belated Veterans Day.
7850D06B-51B4-4253-B26C-6BACE9826E91.jpeg

A fellow man of culture. :nthat:

She didn't even bother to change clothes...SHEESH!

Veterans on my community board in an uproar because the donut shop across the street didnt honor veterans with free donuts.

What a time to be alive :lol:

Cant imagine what a Vietnam Era Veteran (like my Dad) would have to say about that. :smh::lol:

The world enables entitlements, so of course they will act like that.

My issue with the vets is that in my opinion there is a level of over the top performative nature when it comes to vets. And by vets I mean white vets.

I'm a black man. I didn't serve but like most black people on this board our grandfather's, great uncles, uncles and cousins have served in just about every battle we were allowed to fight in.

What bothers me about white people that serve is that they don't just want you to thank them for their service they want you to kiss their rear end.

Black people, how often do you see your family members that serve wearing gear showing that they serve. Most of our people that served just go about their business and are not trying to draw attention to themselves to let everyone know that they served our country.

I come from a family that have served in the army and the Marines. When they come out the house they dress like civilians. The most you we see is a decal on their license plate.

But it seems to me white people who serve go out of their way (by wearing garb) to let you know they served. To me, it's a bit off-putting. You don't need to wear the hat, sweater, denim jacket combo just to go to the grocery store.

Some of you must live near bases. Living in NY, I rarely encounter any service people. Will randomly see some in their fatigues at the grocery store or mall (minorities and whites).

I live by an Air Force base and work across the runway from it.

They don’t bother me, usually make me feel washed because they are like 18-20 years old.

Why? Lol. I doubt you’re out of shape like that. Are you?

My issue with the vets is that in my opinion there is a level of over the top performative nature when it comes to vets. And by vets I mean white vets.

I'm a black man. I didn't serve but like most black people on this board our grandfather's, great uncles, uncles and cousins have served in just about every battle we were allowed to fight in.

What bothers me about white people that serve is that they don't just want you to thank them for their service they want you to kiss their rear end.

Black people, how often do you see your family members that serve wearing gear showing that they serve. Most of our people that served just go about their business and are not trying to draw attention to themselves to let everyone know that they served our country.

I come from a family that have served in the army and the Marines. When they come out the house they dress like civilians. The most you we see is a decal on their license plate.

But it seems to me white people who serve go out of their way (by wearing garb) to let you know they served. To me, it's a bit off-putting. You don't need to wear the hat, sweater, denim jacket combo just to go to the grocery store.

The only military I support without question are minority service men and women including LGBTQ folks. With everyone else I got questions. Are you in a militia? Do you like to fish? Do you f*** your sister? How many flags do you have on your pick up truck? etc

That whole "support" thing is the main issue. It's lip service/performative ( like the Essential Worker wave) and puts the Captain America battery in their back to do the things he described. Homelessness, suicide rate, rapes, murders along with treatment like poisoning on bases like in HI prove this. The cop bootlicking is much worse but there's crossover.

Do people REALLY care about their flags being stepped on

OR

DO they really care about how they think they are SUPPOSED to react to their flags being stepped on?
I believe Canelo would.

To my knowledge, soccer is the only sport where people have killed because of on or off-field events.

It's hard to understand the passions it creates if you haven't lived in a soccer-crazy nation. I remember going to a qualifier match back home and our team lost. People were waiting for their bus outside the stadium and pelted it with rocks until the police dispersed the crowd of angry fans.

The Swiss guy who scored against Cameroon was born in Yaounde. An audio of his mother trashing the Cameroonian soccer federation started circulating on social media, and this happened:

Do people REALLY care about their flags being stepped on

OR

DO they really care about how they think they are SUPPOSED to react to their flags being stepped on?
Of course they care.

Why would it be the latter explanation?

Serious question

Back
Top Bottom